Backlog 2021

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
simside
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

The Portia question was me, Kikki! Thank you for the info, and for everyone else who let me know how the game plays. ^_^ I'm really itching to start Portia after I wrap up a few things in OW, and it sounds like the plot progression is still okay.

Getting to the end of my HMOW play, though I've probably still got 20+ hours. I do want to finish all the quests. I've got 3/5 adamantite for my Big House, and I think I can finish that and get married this weekend. I was not expecting the large barn expansion, which requires ANOTHER 5 adamantite, but I might try that as well. One of the outstanding quests is regular wool for Jamil, and I never had a regular sheep, so I'll be able to finish that and keep a goat for milk recipes as well.

I'm still working on Warioware, which is very fun! I've got bronze in the current Wario Cup, so I'm hoping to push to gold this weekend. I finished unlocking everything in the play-o-pedia, so I might go back and try to do the greater achievements in the storyline (high score of ~41, I think). I've also been doing the x10 golden gacha pulls to level folks up, along with snagging the special sale items to fill in the prezzie section. I might be close to maxing out 9-volt. Any prezzies he's already had, I've been using to level up spoiler character P**** and Wario, who are my favorites to use.

My partner and I played a run of Cute Bite last night, though it wasn't really for us. He was really excited about it, as he had enjoyed Long Live the Queen from the same developer, but this was a lot more like Princess Maker. We played a few rounds of PM 2 Refine without any sort of good ending, and neither of us felt like looking up walkthroughs to try again. The same thing happened here - we got the bad ending, and didn't quite grasp how the mechanics work, probably because neither of us usually play this type of game. I want to try again, I think we were close to getting an occult ending, but weren't boosting the mind/body stats the right way. He was so bummed he probably won't play with me, though.

Really excited for D2R next week!!! Will be playing that with my partner, though it doesn't sound like it'll support cross-platform play, so we'll just play at the same time. D3 is one of the only games I still occasionally play on PC, so I'm torn on whether to buy for Switch or PC. My PC setup is Extremely Uncomfortable, and I am too old to put that much stress on my wrists for that long, so I'll probably go with Switch. I would have enthusiastically double-dipped at the beginning of the year, but I feel extremely guilty even buying once given the situation with that developer.
Simply Unknown
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

simside wrote: My partner and I played a run of Cute Bite last night, though it wasn't really for us. He was really excited about it, as he had enjoyed Long Live the Queen from the same developer, but this was a lot more like Princess Maker. We played a few rounds of PM 2 Refine without any sort of good ending, and neither of us felt like looking up walkthroughs to try again. The same thing happened here - we got the bad ending, and didn't quite grasp how the mechanics work, probably because neither of us usually play this type of game. I want to try again, I think we were close to getting an occult ending, but weren't boosting the mind/body stats the right way. He was so bummed he probably won't play with me, though.
I'm sorry that you and your partner didn't have a good run with Cute Bite. If you need any help, I could answer any questions you may have. I will say that mind/body stats don't really matter in Cute Bite for endings outside of one specific ending, so I'm a little confused by that.

Our Life: Beginnings and Always finally released Step 4 so now the game is complete outside of DLC. Unfortunately, there appears to be a lot of bugs going on where installing the Step 4 update breaks the game and prevents you from turning it on so I think I'll hold off on playing until maybe tomorrow, when they hopefully release a patch of some kind. Which is too bad because I was hoping to start a new playthrough for the new update, but at least tomorrow is Sunday!
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Ordered a wifi signal booster to hopefully solve my problem and...I'm excited? I've had ridiculous issues with my wifi for years and...short of having someone come out and install ethernet across the house I think this is the best solution. Probably cheaper, and definitely works for more things.

Today was a Genshin day, and a 'see if I can prevent network drops by doing nothing but game' day. Which worked. And makes me a little hopeful for the signal booster.

Hard to believe Inazuma has been out for 8 weeks now? I still haven't explored all that much. Just did my first Inazuma bounties tonight. A+ whole hearted approval on those. Fast, and at least a few of them have gimmicks from some of the combat challenges. The plunge attack one was awesome. They're so fast it would probably be worth keeping up with them to make money.

There's rumors of Mihoyo doing more for the anniversary than the free wishes, but I won't get my hopes up. :lol: Better to be surprised than disappointed.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Not game related, just distracting me from gaming at the moment:
Spoiler:
Weird health issues, eek. Time to make another serious phone blitz, and if I can't get through STILL, then I'll have to just go in in person to make an appointment, now that that's not actually prohibited. I've very much needed attention at least twice during the pandemic and been unable to even get through on the phone; locally at least, the system really fell apart. So many people left without any health care, even though their need was as urgent as any covid sufferer's. Other health problems don't go away or even decrease just because a new one has been added to the pool!

My dad and my sister between them have stopped helping me with the greenhouse but still give me very unspecific directions, and they contradict each other. It drives me nuts...I can never tell what I'm really supposed to be doing next, thanks to their off-site directions that don't match with what's ON-site. Well, at least I know where to put the ground anchor in. Tried to go out and do it but I forgot my knife and it's COLD...4C/40F...so will go back out later.
I put Arise down for two days now, I think it is, and I'm not feeling any urge to pick it back up. I'm GOING to, and I think once I do I'll just fall right back into the groove...but this is further proof that I don't love the game. I just like it. Well, I knew that, though. This game already showed me that even when they do really well, I'm no longer able to love Tales games...I can only hope to like them. I do think that Arise is the game that will push Tales out of it's niche resting spot since it's sold in record time...it hit a million sales in, what...five days? The next most popular game took at least a year to do that, iirc. They did a great job on this game in a very good time for it.

I want to play farming games, though. I need DQB3, farming or no, and a Bokumono game I can really get into. I don't want to think about how very unlikely both of those things are, now. :( The market has become much richer in farming sims this year, but none of them are quite what I like.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Played through Deltarune Chapter 2 last night and it was delightful. I think it's getting the award of 'game that made me laugh the most' in 2021. I can't even really explain why, and it's not just due to it being spoilers, but the entire chapter is like a shitpost with plot? Kinda? Regardless, loved it, can't wait for more in 2 years lmao. For now I'll be combing through Etsy looking for merch of my new favorite characters.

Currently watching the FFXIV community both explode and clown about yesterday's Live Letter. Scholar is now the fandom's joke even more than before while everyone simps for Sage. I'm more or less happy the White Mage and Dancer aren't having anything too drastic changed to the class, from what I can tell anyways. Summoner mains are eating rn though. They're finally getting what they wanted after all this time. I don't think I'm going to play either Reaper or Sage personally, I really hate leveling after story content and side quests have dried up, and I plan on leveling my WHM and DNC equally through Endwalker so eh. Hype is real though, can't wait for November!

Have Tue off this week. Think I'm gonna write for a good chunk of the day and then go into Black Desert Online hard. I wanna play it more, there's just not enough time in the day.
simside
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Simply Unknown wrote: I'm sorry that you and your partner didn't have a good run with Cute Bite. If you need any help, I could answer any questions you may have. I will say that mind/body stats don't really matter in Cute Bite for endings outside of one specific ending, so I'm a little confused by that.
Thank you! I think we had trouble with the general strategy... we definitely did something wrong with our build. We tried occult skills for more than half the run, but nothing changed or unlocked after the first month or so. When we switched skills and unlocked other jobs/classes (sneak/burglary), the jobs would fail 5+ times a week, even with good/very good chances of succeeding and grinding the skills for those jobs. We also failed the blood drinking and robbery minigames until the last week or two. If we didn't rest 1+ a week, the high job failure rate would usually crash the week after 3 days, and we'd have to rest the next week. We didn't raise mind/body stats until the end of the game, and I thought that was the issue - with the blood drinking minigame, the constant resting, and maybe the mysterious failure with the jobs with high stats.

--

FINALLY got gold in the Wario Cup challenge in Warioware, plus a bit over. But I'm at the bottom of A rank globally, so I may have to check tomorrow and make sure I don't get pushed out of the top bracket - I think getting the A rank is the only way to get the last 10 prezzies. I leveled characters this weekend, which helps. The missions and cosmetics are finished at level 30, so I'm capping there for now.

I also got all the materials and money for my big house in Harvest Moon One World! I should be able to marry Sami this week. He's at about half affection, but I'll switch back to daily presents, and I made sure to have a Truffles Meuniere ready for his birthday. I also have extra adamantite to start the barn, unlocked all the festivals, and made progress on wheat and strawberry mutations. Hooray!
Simply Unknown
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

simside wrote:
Simply Unknown wrote: I'm sorry that you and your partner didn't have a good run with Cute Bite. If you need any help, I could answer any questions you may have. I will say that mind/body stats don't really matter in Cute Bite for endings outside of one specific ending, so I'm a little confused by that.
Thank you! I think we had trouble with the general strategy... we definitely did something wrong with our build. We tried occult skills for more than half the run, but nothing changed or unlocked after the first month or so. When we switched skills and unlocked other jobs/classes (sneak/burglary), the jobs would fail 5+ times a week, even with good/very good chances of succeeding and grinding the skills for those jobs. We also failed the blood drinking and robbery minigames until the last week or two. If we didn't rest 1+ a week, the high job failure rate would usually crash the week after 3 days, and we'd have to rest the next week. We didn't raise mind/body stats until the end of the game, and I thought that was the issue - with the blood drinking minigame, the constant resting, and maybe the mysterious failure with the jobs with high stats.
Ah, I think I see what happened. Activities have a higher chance of failing if your mind/body stats are low, which I'm guessing happened a lot with your first playthrough. The things that Occult unlocks happens after the first of the new year if you've leveled up your class at least once, which may explain what you missed out on. Its path is also combined with the Art History class so that may have affected things as well. Comparing this game to Long Live the Queen, there aren't challenges you have to beat other than becoming an adult at the end. You just need to have one stat-your vampire's rebelliousness over 150 by the final day.

There isn't too much incentive to spread out your classes unless you're going for the achievement where you unlock all the jobs in one playthrough. If you're looking to unlock endings, it's best to focus on a few select jobs/classes that boost your main stats. It's also generally the best idea if you save on weekends before you go hunting so you can reset and try again. Less story, more stats. Hope that helped!

As for me, they fixed most of the bugs with Our Life and I completed Step 4 today. It was really sweet; lots of hugging and I managed to get Cove to propose to me and it was completely adorable! Definitely looking forward to a full playthrough where Cove confesses in Step 4 instead just to see how things turn out. I'm also still working on my VW playthrough of Three Houses, and just beat the Caspar/Mercedes paralogue. It was tricky arranging it so that Caspar got the final blow on the Death Knight, but I managed it!
iLoveSprites75
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I've been playing The Sims and co-op Stardew Valley with my husband lately instead of working on my backlog. How the heck do I stay on track when I constantly wanna go back to these games? I'm about to boot up Black before I go to bed for the night. I should've had that one crossed off by now. :roll:
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Pfft. I love when a final battle is super cheap with the damage. Fireballs from every angle and ten enemies on one little you, with not enough time to use healing items before you get wonked again, and even when you manage to steal a moment, you're often under the 'curse' status, which means you can't use items.

Yep, it's the final battle of DQB1, and it's very unfair. But I do love when you can be just as unfair back. Final boss sets an army on you? Forget one-on-one battling, just slap down your cannons. The first section of battle will be over with you hardly taking a speck of damage, you're protected from fire, and all minions and the boss itself will be obliterated long-distance.

I should be playing Arise. I know as soon as I simply tell myself to pick it back up again, I'll get back into it and finish it. I think I may be done by Wednesday, as long as I do pick it back up tomorrow. I really should! Before I fall totally out of the groove again, battle-wise. Not like I ever fully got into the groove with this R1 attack thing.

Oh, and I only just found out why it feels like it is taking SOOOOO long to level up. It is! All Tales games I've played before have had level 200 limits (at least, I don't think any were lower?) but this one is 100. However, it takes just as much EXP to get to level 100 in Arise as it does to get to 200 in previous games, so each level takes literally twice as long to reach. I wondered how I could only be level 35 and approaching what may be the second-last boss battle of the main story! Well, I feel better about that, now. I thought I was just doing badly, but level 70 is about the level I'd have been on at this point in a Tales game with the typical 200 limit.

I got the ground anchor down in the greenhouse, and the peak beam and the two crossbars. Now I just have to put up the rear studs and the reinforcement pieces...which will take half an hour...and then everything I can do will be done, since I'm not the one figuring out how to best attach the plastic. That needs done by someone who has done this before. (AKA: My dad.)
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I finished Life is Strange True Colors a few days ago. That was amazing; it's my favorite entry in the series to date! I can't wait for the Wavelengths DLC at the end of the month! I also finished Mass Effect 1 again in the Legendary Edition and am down to missing only 6 achievements on the game.

For my backlog, I'm gonna ignore my PC for a bit; I need a new computer chair in order to play some games comfortably (some require a keyboard and mouse and I can't do that sitting on the floor, Crown of Leaves), they're almost out of early access (Waylanders and Kynseed), or I'm waiting for DLC to release (Kingdoms of Amalur Re-Reckoning). It's fine of course; I've got 4 Final Fantasy games to play spread out on my Vita and Switch and I've also got Eastward and Ace Attorney Chronicles to play on my Switch. Before that though, I'm finishing up Mass Effect Legendary Edition once again.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I think you may have the record for the most replays of a specific game of anybody I know, Ronin.

~

I found a new game I want, totally to my surprise. It doesn't release until November 2nd onto every platform except Playstation, I think; it's called Unpacking, and for some reason, I really want it. It's a decorating/puzzle game, where you're given X number of items (all personal possessions like furniture and books and toys, etc) and a fairly small space to put them in. All you need to do is fit them into the room to your satisfaction, and that room is done and you move on to the next. I think eventually you end up moving to a new home or place, and there's some kind of light story to be told through the changing rooms and possessions. Every time you finish a room, the game seems to take a snapshot of it and the owner of the room writes some caption on it.

I don't know why, but I definitely want it.

~

I forgot about the gigantes. I'm not fond of Arise's name for monsters. Zeugles sound like some kind of salty junk snack food, like Bugles. Or like spiralized 'noodles', AKA 'zoodles' (typically zucchinis cut into noodles.) They sound like some gimmicky food, anyway. However, if you're looking them up in your menu, they're properly called Gigantes, which is much less goofy than 'Giant Zeugles'.

They're introduced very early on, but the very first one a squishy little Alphen is introduced to is Lvl 43, (equivalent to level 86, in this game!) and I thought they were all high level. But apparently each one is out of sync with its surroundings, level-wise, and there are actually gigantes starting at level 13. Most of them are above level 40, but there are 7 I should definitely be able to beat already. Maybe 8, if I can beat the one that's only 5 levels above me. The rest are still too advanced and I'll need to level up quite a bit to beat them all. I'm hoping they all give pretty good EXP, but I bet the lower-level ones don't. Wish I'd realised there WERE some lower level ones when they were the right level for me.

Once I get onto Arise today...argh, I think I'm stuck in the area I'm in, right now, with my ability to teleport locked, but if I can get out of it I'd like to go back and clean up all the gigantes I can, at my level.

EDIT: Done greenhouse (the part I can do) and I've downloaded Olive Town due to the game trial beginning on Wednesday. The trial is free, but the game is 10% off now, too. I think I could get a bigger discount around Black Friday, but I've decided I don't care to wait another two months on the chance, since the game on regular price about 35% less expensive than most new releases to begin with, AND I've already gotten the DLC for free. Might as well just grab it after I start the trial. Already downloaded it, the DLC they gave me the code for, and the free Sakuna outfit. Ready to start playing after Arise!
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Now that I know what I'm doing with my wifi range extender, A+ 10/10 would buy again. I'm sure part of the problem is a booboo router since my house is not that big but... I've got an animal on full time lockdown trying to break a chewing problem, which means one additional closed door at night...which is a whole separate issue.

And on the gaming front...finally made some time to get back to Stories 2 tonight, and. I've gotta say. The final boss is...A CHOICE. I'm not to the boss yet, but it was patently obvious from the first moment of his appearance that he was going to be the final boss, and... now that I've seen him a second time...A CHOICE.
Spoiler:
And when I say a choice I mean a penis. Capcom please.
With my latest achievement...only half of players on PC have even beaten this much of the game. D: That always makes me sad.

I know there are plenty of people who've beaten the main quest at over 100 hours...I'm only at 50 so far, but I don't think there's any way I'll get to 100. Even with as much as I'm enjoying things, no way.

The Genshin anniversary is getting to the point of a joke. So long as you're not actually expecting anything from Mihoyo it's a pretty funny joke.

And...this is a worthless question but, here we go. Is there ANY chance that bunny hopping was added for more character models? I still can't get it to work for the babies, but I've got Ninguang in my party again for ore hunting and I can get her to bunny hop now. Maybe it's just easier on tall male characters?
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Regarding MHS2
Spoiler:
The foreshadowing of the final boss gave me more Dune vibes personally, but that's me. When I actually got to the final boss battle, let's just say I was very pleasantly surprised, and even a bit jealous I couldn't get it as a monstie.
Still just mostly playing Portia. I haven't gotten far yet, but I'm thinking this time I will probably pick a spouse that is actually helpful around the workshop, surprisingly leaning towards Liuwa after seeing his recent event. Plus he's easy to please and find, lol. Dr. Xu may still be in the running too, but he is hard to find sometimes, always running around. Mint is supposed to be helpful too, haven't unlocked him yet, but he's just annoying to me, I'm sorry.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I had time yesterday but absolutely couldn't motivate myself to pick Arise up. I don't know why. I think it's a very good game and I like it, but I'd have preferred almost any game over it, yesterday. Yesterday night I ended up half-watching some Season 3 Kuroko no Basuke rather than playing. (Don't get me wrong: I love Kuroko, and the anime is quite good...but it shouldn't be able to pull me away from Arise at this point.) Maybe it's because I'm in this part where I can't teleport, so I can't do any of the things I want to do; I have no choice but to level up a bit and continue the main story until it finally lets me teleport again. I don't know why they had to do this; they could have blocked teleports to specific areas if the story demanded it...why a blanket ban on ALL teleporting? The game does this a bunch of times and it's always irritating. Or maybe I was just tired again yesterday, which makes me really want to hurry up and get started on new exercises. I really want to get this greenhouse finished so I can clomp around like the graceless, uncordinated elephant I am, without worrying about my sister downstairs who sleeps until freaking noon EVERY. DAY.

I think I only need two more days of playing to be done, though sometimes a final area is more difficult/longer than the ones before, so it's hard to be sure. I want to complete the story, but my desire to actually play has shrivelled up for some reason, so I don't have any idea when I'll finish. Maybe I just don't like being restricted on top of not wanting any more of that combat.

I decided to let loose a couple of things from my winter vault, but I haven't decided which things, yet, and I'm afraid if I start any other game, I'll be distracted from Arise for a long time. I really need to pick it back up right away. Gotta force it today, I think. I remember a time when an RPG I liked was something I couldn't put down. I miss those days. But right now I'd rather be struggling through French Olive Town, it seems. Good thing that doesn't unlock until tomorrow afternoon!

I'll decide which game to bring out of the vault after I finish Arise. Doesn't feel safe to do it before then, lol.
Daikon boy
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Got some new games to play, and I'm really starting to get better so maybe I'll actually get some game time in. I think if I just start up the game and start playing it I'll be able to play for at least longer than I have been lately so far. I still need to rest a lot but I'm feeling much closer to normal and closer to more regular energy levels and I'm eating normally again for meals or just about, but I'm still losing weight and at this point I've definitely lost at least 10 pounds and counting. Maybe even more. Which, isn't a good thing, but I'm not sure why it's still going down. If it could at least just stay at a weight instead of continuing to go down that'd be good. I'd be a little underweight, but it'd be better than getting even more underweight...I guess I need to think of some highly nutritious meals or something.

I think today I'm going to try and play some video games on my switch or ds. I also want to finish stargate atlantis before it goes off of Hulu so I might watch a few episodes today for tv inbetween. I've been slightly tempted to play a computer game but I'm not sure which one I'd play and I think I'd rather the handhelds right now. I got a new psp and I should really be excited to play it but I haven't been because I've been sick. It's terrible. The timing of getting my new device couldn't be much worse. But maybe if I play some games for a bit I'll want to play that too?