Rune Factory 4 - Questions, Answers and Info Thread

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
Starrynight28
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

MostlyDangerous wrote:So just picked up this game. I've been a fan of Harvest Moon since the N64 (probably my favorite HM, but that might be nostalgia speaking) and have played many of them, but never played Rune Factory. I started Frontier years ago when I was home from my travels abroad, but naturally I didn't get very far since I was only home for a few weeks. Anyways, like I said, I just picked up this game this past weekend after listening to my brother RAVE about it. It's very fun and I like the combat as well.

I'm about to come up to Clorica's birthday, and I'm not like seriously chasing her, but I wanted to give her something that would be the most effective to give her on her birthday. Naturally I'm too early to afford any cool stuff for making things like Apple Pies, but I noticed that "Fresh Veggies" are a favorite item of hers. Does that mean I can give her anything I've grown and she'll totally love it? A turnip seems like a lame birthday present but hey, it's all I got at this point. :roll:
Welcome to the RF-Ruined-My-Life-with-its-Awesomeness Club!

Yeah, she is generally appreciative of all produce (except grapes.) Gift away!
MostlyDangerous
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Cool, appreciate the quick response.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

is it possible to get leveled flour and such from general store?
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Is there a thread here with stuff about upgrading Tools and tool recipes?
MostlyDangerous
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Anonymous Fish wrote:Is there a thread here with stuff about upgrading Tools and tool recipes?
Huhhhh guess it logged me out, anyways, this was my question, thanks.
ivanity
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

MostlyDangerous wrote:
Anonymous Fish wrote:Is there a thread here with stuff about upgrading Tools and tool recipes?
Huhhhh guess it logged me out, anyways, this was my question, thanks.
No there isn't.. but the wiki has a lot of info on it: http://therunefactory.wikia.com/wiki/Forging_(RF4)

To the other fishy: I am almost positive that flour and rice and all those don't have levels so the answer would be no... but I could be wrong as I cant check rn
Angelic
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

If I have someone in my party, and they get brutally murdered repeatedly (because they're lv 5 in the lava cave), do I lose FP with them?

I haven't noticed anything, but I'd like to make sure ^^"
SerpentTailedAngel
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Only if their death is caused by you giving them food they don't like.

Monsters can murder 'em all day and they won't think any less of you for it.
MostlyDangerous
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Whew I was wondering the same thing. Margaret has all the aggro generating qualities of a great Tank when I play with her, just none of the Armor to deal with getting repeatedly blasted in the face.
Laina
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I'm sorry if these questions have been answered or not. I tried looking up some similar questions, but I'm still having some issues.

1) Is there an easier way to get a Rockfish?
I was fishing for the pesky thing in the sandy lake for far too long to accept. You don't want to know how many Sand Flounders I fished before I just gave up.

2) I heard that the weapons that have love attack can be used to help tame monsters. Is this effective? I tried it once before if memory's correct and I don't think it did anything.

3) How do I raise the health of my crops?
I can't chop my Twinkle tree without destroying it, and it's health is at 0. I tried using Greenifier and I always put grass in the compost bin, but it hasn't helped so far.

4) Lastly, in game I've been scything one of my crops so it can become a level 10 for a request. It's currently a 9 and I've been scything it a few times and the seed level's still the same. Is there something specific I need to do to get it at level 10?

Thank you!
MostlyDangerous
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Laina wrote:I'm sorry if these questions have been answered or not. I tried looking up some similar questions, but I'm still having some issues.

3) How do I raise the health of my crops?
I can't chop my Twinkle tree without destroying it, and it's health is at 0. I tried using Greenifier and I always put grass in the compost bin, but it hasn't helped so far.

4) Lastly, in game I've been scything one of my crops so it can become a level 10 for a request. It's currently a 9 and I've been scything it a few times and the seed level's still the same. Is there something specific I need to do to get it at level 10?

Thank you!
I'll attempt to answer the ones I might have an idea of.

3 - You need to either let the soil rest, or till Dried Grass, Corn, or 4-Leaf Clovers into the soil. You can do this even if there are plants in the soil (trees might make it more difficult to get placement) Simply drop the Dried Grass, for example, on top of the 2x2 square, then hit it with your hoe. It will make a sparkle and disappear and your soil will be marginally healed. Dried Grass heals for 50hp. I'm not sure about the others. (they heal for more though, but are more costly) I hear that at end game Corn is obviously the best way to go about things.

Using things like the growth speed soil enhancement will negatively affect the health, in my own experience, as will continually planting crops there. I just ran into this problem today. Been saving my Dried Grass ever since.

4 - This one I'm not entirely sure about, but I think it's a combination of the over all stats of your soil, plus what kind of scythe you have. I have the Iron Sickle, and the max I've gotten any seed so far is level 4. I'm just starting out though. I'm sure someone can provide a more detailed answer for this one.

-----------------------------

I also have a question of my own. Is there any point to having more than one Fertilizer Bin? I had assumed that my home Fertilizer Bin did not affect my Summer and Autumn Fields, so I bought one for the Autumn field just now and put it out there. Or does the one simply affect every field I've discovered?
Laina
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Ah, thank you for clarifying that. I've been using my withered grass to make Greenifier so I should get some more for that. I'll try using some of my corn to do so.
I wasn't aware that formulas actually harmed the plants. Thanks for letting me know because I've often used them on plants that take long to grow.

Fortunately, I was able to get it to level 10. Thank you!

About the fertilizer bin. A single fertilizer bin affects every field. It doesn't matter how many you have, so you can just own one. Buying another one and placing it in another area is just for a shortcut so you don't have to teleport to the other one you have. I thought the same thing and ended up buying one for the spring field.
MostlyDangerous
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Laina wrote:Ah, thank you for clarifying that. I've been using my withered grass to make Greenifier so I should get some more for that. I'll try using some of my corn to do so.
I wasn't aware that formulas actually harmed the plants. Thanks for letting me know because I've often used them on plants that take long to grow.

Fortunately, I was able to get it to level 10. Thank you!

About the fertilizer bin. A single fertilizer bin affects every field. It doesn't matter how many you have, so you can just own one. Buying another one and placing it in another area is just for a shortcut so you don't have to teleport to the other one you have. I thought the same thing and ended up buying one for the spring field.
Ah thanks for that, well guess I'll have a short cut over there then lol.

The Formulas just negatively affect the soil not the plants (I don't think :O ), but all you need to do is till something over it. I came to this conclusion when I first discovered the Autumn Field just yesterday. Then I decided to speed my way though some clovers for one of Eliza's requests. I tilled some grass on my field, raising it to about 150, then dumped a bunch of formula A on it (20% off couldn't pass that up). I then checked the field again with my mag glass, and it was down to 60 HP! I was kinda pissed because all I have access to now is dried grass, but I re boosted it and it's fine now.

You just have to be careful I guess.
Angelic

Post  Posted:

Ah, I just learned so much about plants. Thanks you two <3
MostlyDangerous
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

So more questions:

How do I get higher level mats from the general store? Things like Oil, Flour, etc? Do you just have to get lucky and find the stuff as drops? If that's the case, can you ship those to unlock higher levels at the store? Seems like a pain in the bum. Do those things hold back the levels of the dishes you can make? (Do I need level 10 flour to craft level 10 apple pie?)

Is there a reliable way to mine level 10 ores and the like? Or is that all random as well?