Hometown Story: Sunny just wont Unlock !!

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
♪PhantomSkye♪
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

ive probs sold over100 sewing kits. im in the 5th month.
(the calendar acutally says month 1 again after month 4 ended)
i have unlocked: Steve, Helena, Lamisa, Haruka/Miyo, Shinji, Jaques, Dexter, Wind Spirite and Mika in that order.
i dont have lily, clarrisa, or midori yet
i have 4 blue feather peaces.

im not sure what i need to do, she just dont wanna unlock! :roll:
a youtuber got Sunny in the middle of month 2. like helloo?

at this point Dexter has even confesed to me!
2pm merchent is not selling anything new. only now dream fragments, buzzing flys (wich haruka stopped buying) and small axes (wich i already saw the cutseens for them)

what do i do?
the last cutseen i had was for Shinji with the milk and Mika giving him herbs. that was maybe a week ago ig..
if anyone knows what i should do, id love advice! :(
FarmingForDaysMan
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

The only thing that I could suggest would be to just continue selling the sewing kits? I’m not really sure what else to say. I’ve run into the same problem before; whenever something like that would happen, I would restart my game. However, I really hope that you won’t have to restart :/

I looked up Sunny on the internet, and this is the best answer I found on GameFAQs:

“Sunny is not tied to the number of sewing kits sold. Both have a time and friendship requirement with townspeople and a time element; if you're not at least a couple months in, you'll have a tough time unlocking either” (pawsrpg).

I hope that helps? Maybe you just need to be trying to raise friendship by selling more things that the main townsfolk like.
♪PhantomSkye♪
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

agh
welp i guess i can do some more kits.
tho honestly i might just restart, i was thinking of doing it earlyer so.. maybe.

i had pretty good friendship with the most the villagers but i went a week not selling things to run around and trigger cut sences, so friendship must have gone down, cuz even the random npcs (not main ones) are not buying items at prices they used to basicly always buy at. this is tricky!

its probs the frienship, but it gonna take awile to up it all again.. i might restart. i kinda wanted to change my charcters eyes anyway

thank you for the help again! im glad there is people who still remember about playing :)
FarmingForDaysMan
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

If you do decide to restart, might I give you some advice? Maybe you’re already doing the things that I’m about to suggest, I don’t know. Anyways, one reason why I always struggled with the game and would have to restart was because there would be times where I didn’t play the game for a while, and then when I did pick the game back up I couldn’t remember how far I was in the game or what I had already done. Here are a couple of things that really helped me when I restarted for the LAST time(!!!):

1. Keep track of everything. Literally everything! Have a piece of paper and pencil nearby or maybe a note-taking app whenever you play the game. I used the Notes app on my iPad. I made a few lists :lol: Here are the lists that I used as I progressed through the game:

-Make a list of your Key Items!! Next to each key item, make a note of how many you have, how many you’ll need, and maybe even how many you’ve used (for example, I know you need two small axes for Peter and Harvey; Sue needs several Dream Fragments; Miyo needs several buzzing flies; etc.). Every time I used a Key Item, I would note (USED) or (USED x2 [or whatever number is applicable).

-Make a list of every request that you receive! This will definitely help you keep track of your progress. This is an example of the format I used for every request: 1. Rachael: Wooden Board, Paint, Shiny Stone. Whenever I completed that request, I would put a big ol’ (COMPLETE) by that request. Oh, I would also recommend that you don’t delete any Key Items or Requests from the lists that you make. This way, you’ll know which requests you’ve completed (or which ones you need to complete) and which key items you have or have had.

-Make a list of whatever miscellaneous information you want to write down. This list isn’t really necessary, but it might be helpful. Things that would go under this list would be things like Cling and Clang’s shop schedule orrrrrr materials you need in order to buy one of Sunny’s outfits or maybe even quotes from the game that you like and want to remember!

2. Try not to become discouraged or impatient! I definitely struggled with these two things, and they’re the reasons why I restarted my game so, so many times. On my most recent file, I almost restarted because I couldn’t trigger an event with Ember. I’d been anticipating this event, but I thought I had messed up when I couldn’t trigger it after playing for many days. However, I finally triggered the event on a rainy day! My patience paid off. Farther along in the story, I almost restarted again because I’d triggered a bunch of events out of order (I’d triggered the Ill Wind arc, but Dexter left town at the same time. Dexter was out of town, but I’d see him in the Ill Wind cutscenes. It was confusing :shock:), but in the end I decided to keep playing and everything turned out just fine.
Spoiler:
I’m ashamed to say this, but after struggling with the game for so long, I couldn’t tell you how glad/relieved I was to see Harvey die :lol: I’d completed every other event, so I knew that Harvey’s death and the subsequent events were the only things that kept me from getting the seventh piece of my first feather.
I hope I can be of some help to you! :)
♪PhantomSkye♪
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Thank You so much for all the advice!
so i did restart and i already wrote down some hours at wich ppl come to my shop.
i wil definity work on key items/requst stuff!
just got cling and cling and i upgraded my shop the next day ! yeee!
i just also gave rachel her board and paint. now im waiting for the shining stone to spawn at beach area :lala:
Spoiler:
ah yes, in my first file i got ember sort of easy. i just found all them fruit and idk he just popped up one day.. as for harvey i cried when they showed the freaking coffin. like, Woah Natsume! i kinda shocked of it. but yeah if your so stuck and needing the sence, id probs be happy too
im so happy you are want to help me. id definitly accept any help i can get!
FarmingForDaysMan
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Good for you!!
Spoiler:
I know, I was so shocked the first time—my most recent file was only the second file in which I was able to trigger the event—he died! I loved the kiddo and I missed him when he was gone, but I was getting really impatient and wondering, “HARVEY, WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO DIE???” :lol: