HometownStory help! Shop Upgrade glitch??

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
♪PhantomSkye♪
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

so i restarted this game after getting stuck years ago, with events n stuff (i was very far in but at some point i just couldn't get anymore events to trigger) :C

i remember somthing about if you upgrade one of the NPS's shop to max a glitch can happen with ether your not able to get a certain character unlocked/cant progess in game?? i think its with Phillip's fish shop. i cant remeber the exact con that happen w/ the glitch, but im worried i acedentaly got the shop to max...phillp has already bought 2?? fishing rods that did upgrade his shop.
anyone know/remember what exactly that glitch was, and if i have to restart the file because i (might) have triggerd that glitch?

thank you for helping!
FarmingForDaysMan
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Maybe the glitch has something to do with Lamisa?? I’m not sure. Have you been able to trigger her Reading Rainbow events?
♪PhantomSkye♪
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Sorry for my late reply back, for some reson i never got a new message notification, so i dident realized you commented!
i figured it out tho i did not actually the supposed trigger the glitch (thankfully!
ive gotten most of the events w/ lamisa. my last one was the one where phillip gets her a book but lamisa become sad cuz its about her home contry. im now on the 5th? month :lol:

thank you for response! this game is quite old now so i was not sure if anyone would rember much of this game :sleep:
FarmingForDaysMan
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

No problem! I’m glad you were able to trigger the event you were missing :)
I’m a fan of Hometown Story, but I’ve been taking a break from it because it took me seven years to complete my first feather and I’m so burnt out on the game. :lol:
♪PhantomSkye♪
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

O.O
7 years?!
that is nuts
i restarted the game last month after years of not playing. its actully a ver cute game.
all reviews ive read/see are very hard on this game, but i really like it. :lala:

but oh dear im stuck on getting sunny..

i did a new topic for it cuz i dont wanna fill this w/ too many posted now that have this solved. :lol:
FarmingForDaysMan
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

I agree that it is a very cute and loveable game, but my goodness it can be SO aggravating :lol:
I posted a comment on your new thread!