Video Games Recommendations to Help With Depression

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
infel
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

First off, I hope this is okay. Second, it's been a while since I've been on here. Sadly the past two years have been difficult for me like many others. Mainly on the emotional and slightly healthy front. Still, I've come to Fogu from time to time just to keep up with things. It's good to see people are still on here.

Anyway, as my first post coming back here, I wanted to ask for some advice on games. I haven't been playing much outside of Pokemon and Story of seasons, so I'm looking for some recommendations on other games.

I'm not a picky person and honestly, I just like a game or game series that have good characters, story, and gameplay. Also, i suffer from depression and am looking for games that will help me cope with it a bit better.

I'm open to mostly everything, but my fav genres are simulation, RPG, JRPG, and point and click. I am open to things though of course, so any suggestion is wanted. Also, if you have a game series that would be great too. All I ask from those who reply to tell me why you suggest a certain game. Anyway, thanks again. Hope that I can be more active on Fogu this year.

Ps-I own a Switch, PS4, and PC
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yes, it's okay! :) I've made at least three threads before, I think, asking people to talk about their favourite games that make them laugh, or make them happy or that they can enjoy when they are stressed or exhausted or...fill in the mood here.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons would be the first game to come to mind, probably rather obviously. It is THE game of the pandemic, as far as I'm concerned. Not that I love it. I like it, and really enjoyed it for months (and it's a much better, fuller game with the 2.0 update, too) but I never grow to LOVE an AC game. I could never love a game where I have no feelings for the story or characters. But the gameplay is very mentally and emotionally stabilizing and supportive, imo.

I do get seasonal affective disorder pretty badly, but I don't have to deal with any more traditional form of depression (though 'traditional' is a bit of an odd word to use there, not sure what I should say.) I'm not sure my opinion on games would be useful. But I've seen lots of people with depression praise ACNH to the skies for helping them with that, so I feel okay passing that recommendation on. Mind you, it's so obvious that you've probably already tried it!

With seasonal affective disorder, I want to play 'outdoorsy' games. Games that let me explore a beautiful world, or that allow me to build my own world, or beautify someone else's world. On that level, I'd highly recommend Dragon Quest Builders 2. To make it more attractive, it has a HUGE demo, that includes the ENTIRE massive first chapter, which is about 25% of the game (depending on how you play, of course...you choose where to spend your time.) It cuts off right before the final battle of the first chapter...everything else is in there.

Other games that cheer me up in winter would be games like Fantasy Life, My Time at Portia, or Trio of Towns, of course. (Or ANB, for me.) I think Okami might also be a good one if you want something more RPG than sim, though I have peculiar hang-ups and can't get into a game that features an animal protagonist.

And maybe you could look at Wandersong?
infel
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

@Kikki

Hi Kikki, thanks so much for the reply. I thought asking here would be good because people on this forum are friendly and not extreme like gamers on reddit and steam can be. This forum is very cozy in itself actually :) . But thanks so much for replying to the thread. I'm always opening to trying peoples' favorite games.

I do actually have Animal Crossing. Had to go digital at first, but eventually got the physical version. The game is amazingly beautiful and I love the feel of the Island life. I admit, I'm not good with crafting, but I do like it. Gameplay also has been pretty fun. However, I have found the villagers on the boring side and wish that time didn't feel so slow, though I know this is the point. I haven't played it in a long time, but you have reminded me of it actually. Maybe I'll give it a try again =D. It's still a pretty good game.

As for seasonal depression, I'm not fully sure if i have that, but I find myself the happiest during fall and spring. Summer and Winter aren't the best for me. I think I do get what you mean though. With animal crossing though, all the seasons feel really nice. It's a really good game for those who love building as well, though I admit I suck with buildings things but do enjoy it lol.

I agree with you about playing outdoorsy games as well. I love exploration and a beautiful world. Thinking about it, I may try Zelda down the line. I have heard of Dragon Quest Builders 2. The Switch also has the first one. Do you suggest that as well. Also, if someone is like me and sucks with building, can they still enjoy the game. If so, I'll try out the demo =D.

Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons is great when dealing with depressions. I love Trio of Towns the most on switch, though A New Beginning is good too. My time at Portion is sadly not for me to a degree because it may actually be a bit too much? I know this may sound weird, but I admit it's hard to get into. Okami I may try too if I can.

Do you have any suggestions as well for RPGs? I'm fine with long ones or those being more on the difficult side. It's actually good for me to play a game like Story of Seasons, Pokemon or Animal Crossing along side of a RPG. Don't know why though lol.

Oh, I look up Wandersong and it looks really cute. I think I'll get it when I can =D. Thank you
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Hmm... This is a toughie! :lol: I would definitely say Wandersong is great. It doesn't deal with depression directly, but it was a very emotionally affecting story for me personally. (In a good way!) Night in the Woods is in a similar vein, though with a lead that's already struggling with depression. Wandersong felt a little less heavy throughout (maybe the fantasy setting helped).

The guy behind Writing on Games did a piece years ago about how beating Dark Souls helped him get through his depression, actually. I don't think that's for everyone, for some the struggle will make their depression worse, but the feeling of overcoming is incredibly cathartic for me, personally. If I'm up for it! :)

In terms of RPGs, have you played any of the Xenoblade Chronicles games? With the new game coming out this year it might be a good time to hop in. And maybe something that's not QUITE action combat would be a way to ease yourself in?
infel
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Mikodesu wrote:Hmm... This is a toughie! :lol: I would definitely say Wandersong is great. It doesn't deal with depression directly, but it was a very emotionally affecting story for me personally. (In a good way!) Night in the Woods is in a similar vein, though with a lead that's already struggling with depression. Wandersong felt a little less heavy throughout (maybe the fantasy setting helped).

The guy behind Writing on Games did a piece years ago about how beating Dark Souls helped him get through his depression, actually. I don't think that's for everyone, for some the struggle will make their depression worse, but the feeling of overcoming is incredibly cathartic for me, personally. If I'm up for it! :)

In terms of RPGs, have you played any of the Xenoblade Chronicles games? With the new game coming out this year it might be a good time to hop in. And maybe something that's not QUITE action combat would be a way to ease yourself in?
Oh quick thing if this is what you and others thought, the games don't have to be about depression or anything. Just games to help me cope with it. Like for example, Pokemon or something. I will though try Wandersong. It looks really colorful and cute. I do like games that do this.

And maybe I'll check that out too. I admit, I'm not yet able to play more depressing games, but can down the line.

And not yet, but I've heard a lot of people love Xenoblade. In fact many are excited for the third game. I admit, I'm wary of the combat. It's action but also more in the vein of Word of War craft. Still, I'm someone who likes vast words and exploring so maybe I'll give the first game a try. Thank you again. Any recommendation is wanted :)
Simply Unknown
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

One of my main comfort games is Our Life: Beginnings and Always. It's a visual novel that has a lot of sweet and heartwarming content; I know a lot of people felt it really helped them since it came out when COVID really started getting bad. It's just a sweet and wholesome story that you can choose how your MC grows alongside your neighbor and how that affects your life. You can get the main game for free on Steam though there are some DLC moments you can pay for that essentially double your game. So if you just want to test it out, download the main story and play through it!

As for RPGs, I'll admit that a lot of the ones I'm thinking of have darker stories/moments so I'm not sure what to recommend. Pokemon Legends Arceus might be decent as there's a solid gameplay loop and some pretty fun characters. I'd recommend Sword/Shield over Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl as it's ironically more balanced of the Switch games. There are of course the Rune Factory games with the RF4S already out and RF5 being released later this month. Very sweet and wholesome games, as well as connected to the Story of Season franchise, which is always nice. If you don't mind a dark section of the story before things get better again, then Dragon Quest XI is also something I recommend, mostly for the characters, which I love.

Hope this helps!
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Wandersong isn't about depression, but it had a very positive vibe and the gameplay, well...you sing your way through your problems, so it's kind of cool, in a cute way. (Though one or two of the puzzles enraged me, lol.)

Breath of the Wild is wonderful, imo, though it's rather story-light. I love that world, though, and exploring around to find all its secrets, plus finding peculiar ways to complete shrines. I'm still happy about the one where you're supposed to set these maces swinging with magnesis, but instead I used it to loop them up over the rafters and walk right under them, lol. I thought it was the most obvious solution, but it looked so ridiculous and haphazard that I realized it couldn't be.

After playing DQB2, I find it hard to go back to DQB1, but yeah, the first Dragon Quest Builders game is good, too. In fact I feel it has the better story. Problem is, it has no Malroth. And the building options are much better in DQB2. The building CAN be complicated if you want it to be, but the game shows you how to build rooms and you can leave them as basic as you want, without worrying about creativity, if that's not your thing. And the demo is free, so you can always try it to see if it's your cup of tea or not before committing to anything. :)
Chrysalis-Lyn
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I'm sorry you've been having a difficult time, but I am glad to see a thread like this! I have also had long periods of struggle, where video games helped me muddle through. Here are some games that give me comfort in different ways (some but not all are RPGs):
  • Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX (great RPG elements, dungeon crawling, and heartwarming characters -- this series always makes me feel like I'm hanging out with childhood friends. It always gives me a sense of belonging.)
    Wandersong: I agree with everyone above!
    Spiritfarer: A cozy and somewhat melancholy game, but I found it so cathartic and rhythmic -- the gameplay loop is calming (also addictive) like SoS games!
    A Short Hike: Short, as the title suggests, but very serene. The atmosphere reminds me of autumn in older Harvest Moon games.
    Forager: more of a mindless distraction. There's enough going on in this game to keep you busy if you just want to escape. Also a solid gameplay loop!
    Bug Fables: A lot like the old Paper Mario games. Turn-based RPG with cute bugs in an expansive world. Deep lore, little puzzles, bosses, etc.
    Spyro the Dragon: Reignited: Not an RPG, but Spyro is so colorful! The vivid, peppy colors and characters really helped me cope when my dog died a few years ago. The first game has such simple but satisfying gameplay.
Hopefully something here catches your interest. It's almost spring and the weather will bring better days :lala: Wishing you warmth and solace!
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Hrm, this is a tough one, especially when I'm not 100% sure if what I suggest may help or hinder. I do have a friend who's struggled with depression for most of their life and video games was a good outlet for them and still is. They mostly play simulation and deck building games, Stardew Valley and anything Yu-Gi-Oh being the biggest. They got me into a lot of indies too like Owlboy, Hollow Knight, and Undertale, which all really share a theme of continuing to move forward no matter how bad things seem.

I think I'd personally recommend the Atelier series. They're uplifting stories about alchemists working towards a personal goal rather than a JRPG about inevitability saving the world. They're cute, bubbly, have very engaging gameplay, and they play like turn based JRPGs (with the exception of the Ryza duology). They're very slice of life and their greatest strength is their characters and deeply engrossing crafting system. The games come in trilogies or duologies (with two exceptions now having 4th entries) wherein the stories technically continue, but you can play any game at any point with little to no knowledge of the previous. Out of the vast series, my favorite game is Atelier Totori as it has a fun balance of exploration and crafting. I played it with zero knowledge of it's previous entry and easily fell in love with the story, characters, and world. The main downside to many people who play is that there is a timer, as in you have a certain amount of years in-game to accomplish your task, and depending on how you fare you'll get different endings. This is a plus for me as I enjoy seeing different endings and changing things up, but it's not everyone's cup of tea. They ditched the timer system in later games with varying feedback. Bottom line: the games are engaging and always feature uplifting stories. I will quickly outline which games belong to what. They're all available on every platform you mentioned.

Arland Series: Rorona-Totori-Meruru-Lulua
Dusk Trilogy: Ayesha-Escha&Logy-Shallie
Mysterious Series: Sophie-Firis-Lydie&Suelle-Sophie2
Ryza Duology: Ryza-Ryza2
Spinoff: Nelke

The only ones I haven't played here are Ryza2 and Sophie2, with the former I've been too busy to get to and the latter being a continuation to a story I didn't really love. Most fans of the series agree that Dusk has the best story while Arland has the best characters. Mysterious is a mixed bag but I don't hate it (it just felt like a few steps back, honestly). Ryza was their first attempt in making an HD game, so it has a lot of bells and whistles and looks the nicest. I'd only recommend Nelke if you want a limited town builder that features characters from the whole series (including the previous entries that are all stuck on PS2/PSP/DS/ect). If you're interested, I can go further into specific titles, but I've said more than enough for now lol.
infel
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Simply Unknown wrote:One of my main comfort games is Our Life: Beginnings and Always. It's a visual novel that has a lot of sweet and heartwarming content; I know a lot of people felt it really helped them since it came out when COVID really started getting bad. It's just a sweet and wholesome story that you can choose how your MC grows alongside your neighbor and how that affects your life. You can get the main game for free on Steam though there are some DLC moments you can pay for that essentially double your game. So if you just want to test it out, download the main story and play through it!

As for RPGs, I'll admit that a lot of the ones I'm thinking of have darker stories/moments so I'm not sure what to recommend. Pokemon Legends Arceus might be decent as there's a solid gameplay loop and some pretty fun characters. I'd recommend Sword/Shield over Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl as it's ironically more balanced of the Switch games. There are of course the Rune Factory games with the RF4S already out and RF5 being released later this month. Very sweet and wholesome games, as well as connected to the Story of Season franchise, which is always nice. If you don't mind a dark section of the story before things get better again, then Dragon Quest XI is also something I recommend, mostly for the characters, which I love.

Hope this helps!
Oh, I hav that game actually. I also have some key games which may help, but I do understand they can get a little depressing. I've played it though and it's a good game. Need to finish of course. I always have a problem with finishinfg things.

And it's okay if the RPGs have darker stories. I'm fine with that. I admit, I want something to help me escape things for a bit or at least not focus on the negative things going on right now. Pokemon is pretty good for this. As for Dragon Quest, people seem to really like it. I'll give it a try =D. Thank you!
infel
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:Wandersong isn't about depression, but it had a very positive vibe and the gameplay, well...you sing your way through your problems, so it's kind of cool, in a cute way. (Though one or two of the puzzles enraged me, lol.)

Breath of the Wild is wonderful, imo, though it's rather story-light. I love that world, though, and exploring around to find all its secrets, plus finding peculiar ways to complete shrines. I'm still happy about the one where you're supposed to set these maces swinging with magnesis, but instead I used it to loop them up over the rafters and walk right under them, lol. I thought it was the most obvious solution, but it looked so ridiculous and haphazard that I realized it couldn't be.

After playing DQB2, I find it hard to go back to DQB1, but yeah, the first Dragon Quest Builders game is good, too. In fact I feel it has the better story. Problem is, it has no Malroth. And the building options are much better in DQB2. The building CAN be complicated if you want it to be, but the game shows you how to build rooms and you can leave them as basic as you want, without worrying about creativity, if that's not your thing. And the demo is free, so you can always try it to see if it's your cup of tea or not before committing to anything. :)
This is fine. The games don't need to be about it. I just need a game or games to help me either escape things for a bit or are fun for me. I'm a bit burnt out by Pokemon and Farming games, but I do really enjoy then. But I'll give this a try. I do love point and click games a lot :) .

Oh I don't mind puzzles. And it's okay if the game is story light. Light or heavy story is fine for me. I think Breath of the Wild is great because of the exploration as you said. Maybe I'll try it first. I do love being able to explore (like in Skyrim), which is why I've come to love RPGs. I also love quests too. Zelda also have beautiful colors and interesting creatures. I do really need to play it before the sequel though.

And cool. Thanks so much for the info on Dragon Quest Builders. I actually do play builder games like Sims and Planet Coaster. I suck at building, but I do enjoy it if the mechanics are well thought out. I'll play the demo and see how things go. Thanks =D.

PS-Speaking of exploration, do you have any other recommendations with games that have this? Or games with quests?
infel
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Chrysalis-Lyn wrote:I'm sorry you've been having a difficult time, but I am glad to see a thread like this! I have also had long periods of struggle, where video games helped me muddle through. Here are some games that give me comfort in different ways (some but not all are RPGs):
  • Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX (great RPG elements, dungeon crawling, and heartwarming characters -- this series always makes me feel like I'm hanging out with childhood friends. It always gives me a sense of belonging.)
    Wandersong: I agree with everyone above!
    Spiritfarer: A cozy and somewhat melancholy game, but I found it so cathartic and rhythmic -- the gameplay loop is calming (also addictive) like SoS games!
    A Short Hike: Short, as the title suggests, but very serene. The atmosphere reminds me of autumn in older Harvest Moon games.
    Forager: more of a mindless distraction. There's enough going on in this game to keep you busy if you just want to escape. Also a solid gameplay loop!
    Bug Fables: A lot like the old Paper Mario games. Turn-based RPG with cute bugs in an expansive world. Deep lore, little puzzles, bosses, etc.
    Spyro the Dragon: Reignited: Not an RPG, but Spyro is so colorful! The vivid, peppy colors and characters really helped me cope when my dog died a few years ago. The first game has such simple but satisfying gameplay.
Hopefully something here catches your interest. It's almost spring and the weather will bring better days :lala: Wishing you warmth and solace!

Yeah, I know the feeling. I do know a lot of people likely feel like this due to the pandemic and other things. I am grateful for my health, family, home, and my family's health. It's just it's been quite lonely and scary these past two years and I already had depressing before it started. But video games, shows, movies etc have helped me escape at times. I'm glad it helps you too =).

And also thanks for the list. I know for a fact Spyro is a good choice as well. It's a good game and done very well =D. It's good people know about it.

Also thank you so much! I hope you're doing well too and am finding joy in things
infel
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Bluie wrote:Hrm, this is a tough one, especially when I'm not 100% sure if what I suggest may help or hinder. I do have a friend who's struggled with depression for most of their life and video games was a good outlet for them and still is. They mostly play simulation and deck building games, Stardew Valley and anything Yu-Gi-Oh being the biggest. They got me into a lot of indies too like Owlboy, Hollow Knight, and Undertale, which all really share a theme of continuing to move forward no matter how bad things seem.

I think I'd personally recommend the Atelier series. They're uplifting stories about alchemists working towards a personal goal rather than a JRPG about inevitability saving the world. They're cute, bubbly, have very engaging gameplay, and they play like turn based JRPGs (with the exception of the Ryza duology). They're very slice of life and their greatest strength is their characters and deeply engrossing crafting system. The games come in trilogies or duologies (with two exceptions now having 4th entries) wherein the stories technically continue, but you can play any game at any point with little to no knowledge of the previous. Out of the vast series, my favorite game is Atelier Totori as it has a fun balance of exploration and crafting. I played it with zero knowledge of it's previous entry and easily fell in love with the story, characters, and world. The main downside to many people who play is that there is a timer, as in you have a certain amount of years in-game to accomplish your task, and depending on how you fare you'll get different endings. This is a plus for me as I enjoy seeing different endings and changing things up, but it's not everyone's cup of tea. They ditched the timer system in later games with varying feedback. Bottom line: the games are engaging and always feature uplifting stories. I will quickly outline which games belong to what. They're all available on every platform you mentioned.

Arland Series: Rorona-Totori-Meruru-Lulua
Dusk Trilogy: Ayesha-Escha&Logy-Shallie
Mysterious Series: Sophie-Firis-Lydie&Suelle-Sophie2
Ryza Duology: Ryza-Ryza2
Spinoff: Nelke

The only ones I haven't played here are Ryza2 and Sophie2, with the former I've been too busy to get to and the latter being a continuation to a story I didn't really love. Most fans of the series agree that Dusk has the best story while Arland has the best characters. Mysterious is a mixed bag but I don't hate it (it just felt like a few steps back, honestly). Ryza was their first attempt in making an HD game, so it has a lot of bells and whistles and looks the nicest. I'd only recommend Nelke if you want a limited town builder that features characters from the whole series (including the previous entries that are all stuck on PS2/PSP/DS/ect). If you're interested, I can go further into specific titles, but I've said more than enough for now lol.
I do understand what you mean. Some games may have a dark story or something and for some that can make them feel worse. I don't really mind as long as it's not super depressing/sad. I'm sorry you friend is struggling too, but am glad that they has ways to cope. The recommendations people have given me are good. I know of Hollow Knight and Undertale, but only played a bit of the latter and none of the former. I'll check Hollow Knight out when I can. Stardew Valley is truly a good game to help make one feel better. As for Yu Gi Oh, I'm sadly very bad with deck building games. I'm better with monster collector games though. When I played some Yu Gi Oh games in the past, I was really bad at them lol.

And I do know a bit about the Atelier series and you very right about it. The problem is that I'm not good with crafting. Even in Animal Crossing I have a tough time. I just can never seem to figure it out. For some reason, I want to try the games though. I do also know of the time limit, especially in most of the older games. I think Mysterious would be good for me. I can do time limits, but it's not easy. I will likely try the older ones one day hopefully. As for Ryza, I'm not a fan of the battle system. I don't mind action based RPG's, but have always preferred turn based. Still, I can play rpg with action based combat, but from what I've seen with Ryza it just looks a bit too complicated. Still, I'd like to try these games. They are the type of games that can make one feel better.

Do you have other rpg's or simulation picks?
Firehawke
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Sending many hugs your way!!!
Gaming is a HUGE help for me! (neurodiverse, with SAD, anxiety, abd some depression)
Pokemon is top of my list (mainline games, plus the side games...especially love Pokemon Snap, since taking pictures brings me joy)
I love getting lost in SoS/HM games
Sometimes I just need cute games...Yoshi's Crafted World is one of my go-tos. If I need cute with action, I go for Link's Awakening (also nostalgia there!) or Slime Rancher. Summer in Mara is good, too!
I'm also into Lego games like Lego Harry Potter and Lego Star Wars
I agree with everyone else recommended ACNH...the trick for me, though, is to remember that I don't need to make my island as detailed (or full) as the islands I see online...I make it for me, and that means lots of space for running around and plants.
If I need something that can go from really chill to dramatic if I want it to, I go for Abzu and swim around with fish!
And if I need a game to just feel like a trouble maker when I'm in a mood...Untitled Goose Game!
Hope you find some new games that help bring joy to your day and peace to your mind and spirit!
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

The best game of exploration in the entire world is, imo, Xenoblade Chronicles X, which also has my all-time favourite game soundtrack, to boot. AND a good story, though I do feel it was intended to get a sequel that I don't think it'll ever get, now. I adore that game like a fool. It's probably my #1 game of all time, even though the trailer made it look sci-fi, I actually hate sci-fi and I never felt that it was like that when playing...it felt way more like a fantasy, to me. I could say a LOT more about it but, criminally...it is Wii U exclusive, which means you probably can't play it. The next best game is probably World of Warcraft (PC) and then BotW. Any MMORPG is generally a good choice for exploration. Genshin Impact would work, too.

EDIT: Btw, I knew from the start that this thread was to hear about games that HELP with depression (like ACNH), not games that are ABOUT depression (like Gris), but what I don't know is which games would actually help. For example, I have had a few friends who had pretty serious depression, and had to be on regularly monitored medication that would be revised if their symptoms weren't being kept under control and so on. What I always found surprising about their taste in entertainment was that the things they loved most were things that I found depressing. I'm thinking particularly of music, here. The lyrics of the music they loved, and the music itself, were so gloomy and negative, to my view, but that seemed to comfort them. Ever since I realized that, years ago, I haven't been sure I understood at all, what helps or comforts someone with depression. Maybe it's that they felt comforted to hear their own feelings echoed back from others, to know they weren't alone in their feelings? But to me, it seemed like those things would have made depression even worse, not better.

Now I no longer feel at all confident in making recommendations specifically to help with feelings of depression. I can only recommend things that make ME happy, but I am very simple. My world is turned right-side-up, at least for a while, as soon as I have a cup of green tea with a piece of baklava. Or if the sun comes out and the grass is green.