3ds games with ACTIVE online ?

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
♪PhantomSkye♪
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

wondering.. what 3ds games have like, active online fetures /online play these days?
Monster Hunter Storys was active untill the switch one came out, now i find no one on the 3ds version lately.
ive did the 3ds pokemon games, they all are still super active. (XY, ORAS, SM, USUM)
but i wanna know if other games that are active now too :?:
i mostly wondering about these:

Harvest Moon A new beginning
Story of Seasons AND SoS trio of towns
Animal Crossing New Leaf
Yokai Watch 3
Animal Crossing: Happy Home Desiner
Mario Maker

some eshop games:
Denpa Men series games
that free kirby game (i forget name)
Pokemon Rumble world
im sure i forgeting some games i got.. ill say them when/i remeber lol

also if you all know of any, please tell me! even if not on my list of what i have, i may be getting a game next month so id like hear others too, if yall know of any :lala:

Thankies everyone! :heart:
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

By 'active', do you mean 'still functioning/technically supported' or 'currently in use by a high number of players'? I think you mean the second, but I'm not 100% certain.

I'd say NO games left on 3DS fit the latter definition. Almost everyone has moved on to Switch, so online features of games are barren, now. Very few people are still playing New Leaf with any regularity, almost no one is ever looking to trade in Trio or SoS1 or ANB (we get one or two people per month hoping to trade in one of those games, I'd say.) But if you mean the first definition, then...as far as I know, every game with an online feature on 3DS is still functioning as usual.
Code_Name_Geek
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

The only games that are likely to have "active" online services are asynchronous ones that don't require people to be online at the same time. For example, Bravely Default lets you download other players data for in-game benefits (sort of like an extended form of StreetPass) so something like that likely still works. Coordinating with a friend to play online should still work also, but anything random match-up based is probably super dead.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'd say anything with an active and thriving community outside the 3DS can be considered 'active', like the Pokemon games you mentioned. Pokemon is still active because there's still benefits to playing the older games, like shiny hunting or Nuzlockes, both things that have a very active community around + every title that's available on 3DS essentially able to be connected to every new one via Pokemon Bank and Pokemon Home, so it makes sense that they're alive and thriving.

The only other community I can think of that might be in a similar mindset is the Monster Hunter community outside of spinoffs. Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate specifically has a 3DS and a Switch version that connect to each other online, so it's community might be active by default. That being said, despite the release of Rise, the older Monster Hunter games may still have active communities, because people who are really into Monster Hunter REALLY like it and play various recent titles quite often. The easiest way to get with said devotees would be to find a MH discord server and join up with people there, but it is also possible you'd fine online matches without that too.

Other than that I'm drawing a blank. There's not many series out there that have such a big drawing power that people will stay behind loyally on an old system to keep playing while also playing on new hardware.
♪PhantomSkye♪
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:By 'active', do you mean 'still functioning/technically supported' or 'currently in use by a high number of players'?
i ment the 2nd.
that kinda sucks that people anrt playing those games much anymore, they are still great games and quite fun to play in general.

i did the online islands in New leaf in August, and it was suprizingly quite active still, but yet that was over 2 months ago and now that the swich one has another good update out, i guess i should expect that NH is probs more active now..
♪PhantomSkye♪
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Code_Name_Geek wrote:The only games that are likely to have "active" online services are asynchronous ones that don't require people to be online at the same time. For example, Bravely Default lets you download other players data for in-game benefits (sort of like an extended form of StreetPass) so something like that likely still works. Coordinating with a friend to play online should still work also, but anything random match-up based is probably super dead.
ah ok! hmm i guess fire emblem fates (conquest n birthright) would be active according to to what you have said?
like with the visiting Castles thing. probs not when you enter the castle code, but just using the search function probably.

ive heard bravely defult is really good, as my sis owns the 3ds one and Bravley Second.
what game/s would you compare/relate it to? i might try it one day, but id like an idea of whats the games like in relations to other 3ds games. maybe that Raideint Historia game?? (never played it ether but also heard its good)
♪PhantomSkye♪
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Bluie wrote:The only other community I can think of that might be in a similar mindset is the Monster Hunter community outside of spinoffs. Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate specifically has a 3DS and a Switch version that connect to each other online, so it's community might be active by default. That being said, despite the release of Rise, the older Monster Hunter games may still have active communities, because people who are really into Monster Hunter REALLY like it and play various recent titles quite often. The easiest way to get with said devotees would be to find a MH discord server and join up with people there, but it is also possible you'd fine online matches without that too.
Only monster hunter game ive played is Storys on the 3ds. i might like generations, but ive heard its kinda for people good at the more, what is called? 'intense' gaming/style?? im better at the more laid-back style of gaming.
if that makes any sence.
id say the most 'intense' game ive played is, idk Fire Emblem Fates or maybe Stella Glow ? tho i REALLY love Stella Glow so maybe id like generations? :P
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Generations Ultimate basically has an 'easy mode' built into the game by allowing you to play as a Felyne (prowler) instead of a human hunter. They have highly customizable skill sets that give them an advantage at the sacrifice of having no items and they get to die 9 times before failing the hunt as opposed to the Hunter's 3. Not to mention they have built in stealth mode + don't have to use tools to gather. It's very accessible and most of Rise's mechanics are based on Generations' rather than World's to be less cumbersome to newcomers.
♪PhantomSkye♪
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Bluie wrote:Generations Ultimate basically has an 'easy mode' built into the game by allowing you to play as a Felyne (prowler) instead of a human hunter. They have highly customizable skill sets that give them an advantage at the sacrifice of having no items and they get to die 9 times before failing the hunt as opposed to the Hunter's 3. Not to mention they have built in stealth mode + don't have to use tools to gather. It's very accessible and most of Rise's mechanics are based on Generations' rather than World's to be less cumbersome to newcomers.

ahh ok!
it sounds cool. maybe one day ill try it. im gonna check the eshop later to see if there is a demo for generations. :lala:

thanks so much for the replys and info you gave me. definitely gonna consider it.