Animal Crossing 2.0

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

I dunno if this has been mentioned yet, but it was a big surprise to me... DIY recipes can go into storage now?! Turnips are still a no go, but. I guess that's one less thing to be littering people's towns?

I've never tried to get a second cup of coffee immediately until today, so I have no idea when this unlocks, but... Brewster offered me pigeon milk. To which you can say 'Ew, no.' Still no second recipe though.

Edit: Why is it that Leif and Redd are the only ones who clap when you do something at the co-op? :|
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Kikki if you’re still wondering I literally just got star island! I didn’t time travel night time either
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Oh, awesome; thanks, Shan. Glad to know! I really hate playing in the evening. Animal Crossing's cheer and cuteness is all in the daytime, imo.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yeah it is possible though I think the chance is small and I didn’t skipped Kap’s song either so maybe that plays a part too…?
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

HHP final facility question.
Spoiler:
Has anybody tried putting more than 6 mannequins in the apparel shop? You're told you have to put in at least 4, right? And is 6 the maximum? I was just wondering if anyone and tried putting more in to see if they'd get more clothing for sale each day on the mannequins.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Wait when does that happen?
Spoiler:
Can the shop upgrade? When I did the shop it didn’t tell me to add any
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Spoiler:
The clothing store is the last facility to unlock, as soon as you hit 30 houses done. You have to put the mannequins in from the beginning...they're one of the three required pieces of furniture. Though maybe the other kind of mannequin counts? The type that you can't actually put clothing on, I mean. Clothing for sale only appears on the 'blank' mannequins that you can display pants, shirts and hats on.

I've never tried NOT putting in a required piece, but maybe the game lets you finish the job even if you don't put them in?

It's cool how you can buy stuff from every facility you complete. Well, except the school...I don't think that sells anything, though it's the spot for event scenes that teach you stuff.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Oh I see what you mean now.
Spoiler:
Lottie actually won’t let you put no more than 6. I just tested it while in editing mode
Arcy
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I had a really good laugh at Shan sending me a "die" today, the form letter is especially hilarious for that item. Thanks for that!
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Arcy wrote:I had a really good laugh at Shan sending me a "die" today, the form letter is especially hilarious for that item. Thanks for that!
Lol you’re welcome. I sent myself one too now I want to find that letter
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

I finished the "main story" of HHP yesterday and I quite liked it. Afterward, since there were a bunch of characters I liked and didn't have the amiibo cards for there, I thought I would try rushing some jobs to go back to them later. You totally can. You can just open all their boxes and tell them you're done. Lottie pays you just the same. I certainly wouldn't want to play the whole thing like that as I really like decorating for the characters, but at least I got a few backlogged for later now.

I also finally can redo in town houses now! I decided to redo Frita's first as I never liked her hodge-podge arrangement and clashing flooring. I forgot to take pictures though. :P I will try to get a couple tomorrow when the house updates. I think I will probably do Merengue's house next as I believe she doesn't have her regular interior but a generic first few villager one.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

greensara wrote:I finished the "main story" of HHP yesterday and I quite liked it. Afterward, since there were a bunch of characters I liked and didn't have the amiibo cards for there, I thought I would try rushing some jobs to go back to them later. You totally can. You can just open all their boxes and tell them you're done. Lottie pays you just the same. I certainly wouldn't want to play the whole thing like that as I really like decorating for the characters, but at least I got a few backlogged for later now.

I also finally can redo in town houses now! I decided to redo Frita's first as I never liked her hodge-podge arrangement and clashing flooring. I forgot to take pictures though. :P I will try to get a couple tomorrow when the house updates. I think I will probably do Merengue's house next as I believe she doesn't have her regular interior but a generic first few villager one.
I do that too lol
XxWizardxMollyxX14
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Welp, didn't even think I was gonna get it, but I'm officially addicted to the new DLC. Just finished by 100th home and I'm ready to do more.

I only have two things I wished for:

1. That we could get our own vacation home and design it however we want, even if we can't sleep there.

2.Our job was rated like the HHA ratings for our house. So instead of just having the required items, we also got a a score on how many other items under the Order section we used, and how well the furniture matches. But of course, that would have been a tonne of work and I understand why they went with a simplified score system.

Either way, I'm super happy with the dlc and I think it was well worth the money.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'm already done with the initial 'woo, new stuff!' rush of the beginning. I'm skipping days playing and so on. But then, this final update made the game generally a bit more interesting to go back to, and I did rearrange the centre of my town to be ready to be redecorated with any new items I like, so I can just go on and do bits here and there whenever I like, now. There's no point in rushing it; I'll just play whenever I feel like it again. Before I NEVER felt like it, but I'm sure I'll be eager to check in every Monday morning at the least, probably for a couple of months, since all the Harv's Plaza stuff turns over then. Saharah's new stuff is awesome and I still need those three pieces from Redd, after all.

I may grab a few characters house redesigns and not actually do them, too. I don't really enjoy the designing, but I need more Poki, lol. Plus I like some of the characters I see visiting the beach some days and I can lock them in for later, that way :)
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Good to know the end game in HHP turns out well. :) I have gotten to the point where it's been revealed to me, but it'll be probably another week before I hit it (at about one home a day).

I've been in a bit of a slump with decorating, but I finally got one more house worth showing.
Spoiler:
I'm not all that pleased with the utility of the counter pieces. They could at least have designed them to rotate around the space they're in, or something. (I just hate that they don't snap together. You can't put them in proper L shapes, you can't build a nice sized island in the middle of a kitchen. Boo.) It's a good start but it's still too limiting.

I was very exhausted this week and just couldn't bring myself to play this morning, so I got to see the HHP island at sunset for the first time, and it was really, really pretty! I'll have to go back then, again. :)

At least the general 'holiday season' is pretty action packed in AC. I didn't enjoy it much last year either since I was so burnt out by the time it rolled around, so that'll be nice. Really play through the end of the year before I put the game away again.