Animal Crossing 2.0

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Lol you’re very welcome. Yeah I don’t think anyone would expect to see a yacht of all things in the mail
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

How did they fit it into my mailbox??
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

I want to say thanks too, Shan for the car. I have no idea where I am going to put it, but I will find a place, lol. I didn't know if you were collecting the gyroids or not too, but I sent you one of my duplicates since you're always helping everyone else out. :)

Speaking of duplicates, I have a couple gyroid duplicates I could keep and recolor (which I will eventually end up with anyway) but if anyone is interested in them, I will try to remember to write down which ones they are, lol. I also have a Calm Painting, Wistful Painting, and an Ancient Statue that I believe are real up for grabs. I can never remember what I already have in the museum and just try to grab the real stuff when I see it.

I discovered my new favorite aspect of the DLC today.
Spoiler:
You can exchange Poki for Bells! Yeah! It's so much easier to earn money from Lottie, I may actually get my home paid off after all!
I also had Cyrus customize my froggy chair to dark blue to match my dark blue cute room today. :)
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:How did they fit it into my mailbox??
I’ve learned to not question anything lol

You’re welcome greensara!
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Had my first out of towner guest to the Roost today!
Spoiler:
Mr. Resetti! I had no idea he was even modeled for this game! :lol: Stood around until I exhausted all of his dialogue. Very cute.
And got my second uh...unlock in HHP content. I'm not a huge fan of really strict themes for guest houses but, I guess it breaks up the content a bit? Forces me to think a little differently. I don't see myself going back to any but a handful of houses, but I'll fix things up for my favorite villagers at least.

Still a little mad that I can't seem to find wheat to grow... There's so many recipes locked behind it. :/ Something to be patient for, I guess.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

We can send you wheat, Mikodesu, and you can plant it then, if you want? (You can just plant the produce of any crop, like with fruit for trees.)

Has anyone found star fragment island, and if so...do you know if you can find it during the DAY, or only if you go on a tour at night? I know you can go to winter islands even if it's summer, or etc...but not sure if it applies to time of day. If so, I suppose I have to start taking tours at night. *sigh* (I hate playing AC at night, the game isn't pretty at night, imo, and I'm just not in the mood then.)
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

No worries, Kikki. :) If I don't get it for a while it might be worth reupping Switch Online, but I still haven't done that so it wouldn't be possible right now.

As for a star fragment island, I've only gotten one (and it was unfortunately at night). I've also never gotten an island at a different time of day than I was currently at. If someone else had (even without getting a star fragment island) that might be better confirmation. :/
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'm pretty sure that the star fragment island is the only one that would show up in a different time of day, if any do. I thought the Direct suggested that Kapp'n could take you to different seasons and different times of day, and the first is proven, but I'm not sure about the second. I've tried looking it up and every time I see a video of someone being taken to star fragment isle, they're leaving at night. But then, there do seem to be a lot more evening players than morning ones. Basically, I haven't been able to find anyone or anything that says you can't go there during the day, but I've yet to come across someone (or a video) that can say first hand that you can.
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

It might be a thing where the likelihood of getting a star fragment island is significantly higher at night than through the day, so the people who get it tend to be at night. Doesn't bode well that you can't find ANY reports of them showing up through the day though... Hmm. :/

Would it be worth leaving your Switch on a say... 12 hour time difference to when you usually play for a while?
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'll probably change the time a few times when I'm playing in the morning, as I tend to be too wiped out by 7 to be bothered with AC...but I wouldn't leave it like that. Having the incorrect time on my Switch makes me uncomfortable, lol.

~

Someone tried to tell (convince?) me of the value of cooking today when I mentioned that I don't really do it since I don't enjoy the process and the profit isn't particularly good, by saying that you can turn wheat and sugarcane into flour and sugar in stacks of ten (true) and you need 5 wheat to make 10 flour, so it doubles your item (also true). It's nice that they love it and if they just want to offer helpful advice, I appreciate that, but I do already know that and still just don't enjoy it or have the desire/intention of partaking in cooking in AC unless I really need to. There are other things I'd rather spend my time on...for me this was not one of the fun things about the update, that's all.

But even if we DO talk profit specifically...
Spoiler:
A raw piece of wheat sells for 350 Bells. A sack of flour (either type) sells for only 210...a notable loss. So even adding two flours together since you get two of them per one wheat, that's 420. Not a great profit. Worth doing, I guess, if you want to maximize your crop profits. If you have a field of around 33 or so wheat, and water them every day for three days to get 100 of them per harvest, rather than selling directly to get 35,000 Bells, you can pump out 200 flour (by crafting 20 times, though! Very tedious.) and make 42,000 Bells. Not a very good increase, but I suppose you might as well, if you can stand 'cooking' flour 20 times in a row. (Which I really can't, lol. Making flour over and over is no more enjoyable than making bait over and over.)

I find it a tiresome task...just crafting with food instead of wood (or etc.) And it's faster to get crafting ingredients than to get produce, by FAR, so if I really wanted money from crafting something, I'd mine iron, craft it into all-iron goods, and sell them on a hot item day. I'd make way more money in way less time. Cooking just isn't worth it for me. It's lovely that it's giving so many others all this joy, but for me...nah. I don't enjoy it and the profit's not great, so I'd rather opt out on cooking.

The crops can stay for the decorative farming value, and since they'll probably be necessary once in a while. And I'll collect all the recipes because I like to collect. But cooking's never going to be a fun activity for me in this game. *shrug* (Though I actually really like turning crops into food to sell in Bokumono. But the profit there tends to be MUCH higher, and you can cook in huge stacks...or you could in the 3DS games, anyway.)
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:EDIT: Had my characters buy both Redd pieces yesterday, and funny thing...they were replaced by the same two pieces the today, except this time the Valiant statue was authentic instead of fake. Though the one I WANT...the Robust statue...was still fake. :(
Wait, they both get replaced the next day?
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yep, Ronin. But I got the exact same ones over again in the same positions, with one of them turning from a fake one into a real one, so it was odd. He said something about a buyer being scared away...maybe that's why the second one was replaced with the exact same one?

~

EDIT: Oops, that extra bit was meant for the backlog thread, not here. Brain fuzz!
Last edited by Kikki on Nov 14, 2021 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Thanks Shan for the stuff. Real cool of ya.

Does anyone know if having the Early Bird ordinance changes the day reset to be earlier? I've been wanting to do some AC stuff early in the morning before going to work, but the day resets fully at 10 or 11 am iirc (when Isabelle does her announcement for the day)? I would love it to just reset at midnight.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

No, the day's reset is always at 5AM regardless of ordinance. All it does is make the shops open earlier and the villagers get up earlier.

Confirmed that my Valiant statue (which was a replacement) is authentic. Today it was replaced by a fake Jolly painting. And this stupid fake Robust statue continues to be displayed to mock the fact that it's one of only 3 authentic art piece I still can't wring out of Redd. Argh.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

That's unfortunate. The day still doesn't fully reset until Isabelle's announcement though as Kappn will act like you've already gone on a tour or you'll be refused to donate on Harv's island until it's broadcasted. Guess I'll just do stuff when I get home.