Animal Crossing Direct: October 2021

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Wouldn't mind trying my luck in trying to get the villagers I care about the most, but I'm not seeing any preorders for the cards at the moment.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yeah, Walmart.com sold out of their pre-orders within an hour, afaik. Bestbuy.ca still has them, but then, they're enforcing an 'only one per household' situation, so of course theirs would last longer. I'm okay with it, because ANYTHING to thwart scalpers, even if it also limits *me*. I hate scalpers so much. I'd rather give my money to people making NFC cards than to scalpers...that's just how much I want to see them swing in the wind.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I wonder if target has any. Goes check website
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

It looks like Nintendo has taken care to make it so that people can't accuse them of locking content behind DLC. It seems that everything you can get via the Series 5 cards or the DLC is all available by other means within New Horizons itself. The 16 villagers can all be found on mystery islands (unlike the Sanrio villagers), and all of the new furniture, including the stuff you can buy with 'poki' (the currency you get from doing your designer job in the DLC...weird name!) will be available, though rarely, at Nook's Cranny in your own town.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:It looks like Nintendo has taken care to make it so that people can't accuse them of locking content behind DLC. It seems that everything you can get via the Series 5 cards or the DLC is all available by other means within New Horizons itself. The 16 villagers can all be found on mystery islands (unlike the Sanrio villagers), and all of the new furniture, including the stuff you can buy with 'poki' (the currency you get from doing your designer job in the DLC...weird name!) will be available, though rarely, at Nook's Cranny in your own town.
That’s good news I’d think
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yeah, I think it's for the best. Though I don't think there is any way to get the new home design options. Unless you play the DLC enough to unlock all the possibilities, you won't be able to add partition walls, pillars or counters to your own house, nor will you be able to redesign the interior of your islands' villager houses (which you WILL be able to do if you play the DLC, once you reach a certain number of houses designed within HHP.) Haven't seen any hint anywhere that those features will be unlockable without the DLC, so far.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I think most of us is going to get HHP anyway but yeah for those who can’t would be missing out on that.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I think that's a better route than what Nintendo did with the Welcome Amiibo update in New Leaf. The 50 villagers they reintroduced to the series could only be brought into the game with amiibo cards and they didn't rerelease those cards. At least those 50 villagers can be found on islands in New Horizons.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I really wonder about the new Plaza on Harv's island. Won't this make those NPCs pointless as random visitors to our island, unless they sell entirely different stock at Harvey's place? Though I'd sure like to be able to get those last 4 art pieces from that villain, Redd.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Well, I think their stock will be limited on Harvey's island. Redd only had 2 pieces of art on display during the direct as opposed to his usual 4.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Ronin19 wrote:Well, I think their stock will be limited on Harvey's island. Redd only had 2 pieces of art on display during the direct as opposed to his usual 4.
If there’s a limit then the storage thing Tortimer has doesn’t make sense. Why add a way to access your storage from Tortimer if there’s a limit?
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I think it still makes sense, Shan, even if stock turns out to be more limited at Harv's than elsewhere. I can't tell if it is, because I don't think that what they have on display is necessarily all there is to buy, but I'm really not sure. The vendor situation is still a blur, to me. There's half a dozen or so vendors there. (I didn't count how many there really were.) If you buy from all of them, that'd add up, particularly if any of the vendors allow you to buy multiples of anything (like cardboard boxes or the like...I dunno what else, but maybe if you can buy lots of seedlings from Leif or something). Also Reese and Cyrus alone make being able to access your storage essential, if you want to try customizing a lot of your stuff. It'd be a huge hassle to have to fly back and forth, run to your house, load and unload, rinse and repeat, for however many times you needed to go back and forth if you were buying a hundred bushes or customizing a whole lot of stuff or etc.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'm hoping I can buy all the vendor's shop locations in one day. It would suck to only buy one vendor slot a day. I'm also gonna be updating the game at 9PM PST on the 4th (it's been done in the past), so I can access the stuff sooner on the 5th.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Ronin19 wrote:I'm hoping I can buy all the vendor's shop locations in one day. It would suck to only buy one vendor slot a day. I'm also gonna be updating the game at 9PM PST on the 4th (it's been done in the past), so I can access the stuff sooner on the 5th.
Oh yeah that’s what a YouTuber is doing and he’s going to be streaming it.