What game would make you the absolute HAPPIEST right now?

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Try your very, verrrrrry hardest to only name ONE game. The criteria is the one game that would bring you the most joy. An announcement that would make you gasp or cry or levitate right out of your chair, or whatever kind of reaction you'd have to it. You can also name a game that is actually in development, if you're so lucky as to have already received that most wonderful of announcements :) But I figure for most of us, this is fantasy territory.

I don't want people to give big lists of everything they want. It's so much more telling when people are limited to listing the one thing they want MOST. However, if you are just BURSTING to mention other games...if it's making you squirm not to be able to mention or talk about them...put them under a spoiler cut afterwards and only name your top priority at first. Pretty please.

~

I didn't bring this up because choosing one game is easy for me, or anything. I've had to sit and think about this for a while, and for me my dream game has to be in the realm of things that are possible, because I can't be a pure dreamer...that has to be at least a sliver of a chance it'll actually happen, or there's no point in thinking about it. If there's no hope, it'd just be depressing to think about, not exciting. Imo, anyway!

I've decided that game for me that might actually make me cry if it got announced would be a Xenoblade Chronicles X port to Switch. Or the Switch successor, if it's really not possible to make the shift to a console that only uses one screen. Now that may sound weird, that I'd opt for a port! And it's true that I desperately want to be able to keep playing this even after my Wii U has bitten the dust, which could happen at any time, now, and that alone would make me really happy...to know I could keep playing it for another 5+ years beyond where I feel it'll probably become impossible as things are right now.

But the trick here is that until XCX gets ported, I don't think there is any hope of a sequel. And if you haven't played it you won't understand this, but XCX did something odd at the very, very end, that made it clear that there was more story to be had, though not at all clear where that story connected, if it connected at all. They obviously had another, probably even BIGGER story hiding behind the one we got in XCX, the only game that ever successfully made me fall in love with an avatar character. I want XCX2 for the story continuation, but also because XCX has been the absolute BEST game of exploration I have ever played. Yes...better than Breath of the Wild. I've already run and leapt across Mira for 500+ hours, but I could put in another 500 and probably still not have 100% completion in finding every bit of archaeology, technology, or biological troves. And I love the music and the graphics so much, so it's freaking delightful, guys. I want another world like that to live in, on a system that is current and reliable, unlike my poor, shoddy Wii U.

And I think it's hopeless unless we get a port of XCX, first, to expose more people to the first game, so that's why my vote is going to a port, of all things. Unless maybe they make XCX2's story more independent of anything in XCX, which they could! Maybe it was just a teaser.

My honorable mention, that I was hard pressed to rank a hair below XCX, goes to...
Spoiler:
Dragon Quest Builders 3. I do think this is still possible. One man leaving a team can't remove the possibility of another game, even if he was the head of the team. No one is irreplaceable. But it did make it less likely, and even if it did happen, his leaving may change things more than I'd want. Olive Town is a dark shadow on my heart, at this point. (But at least there, it was basically the ENTIRE TEAM being changed that resulted in us getting a game that feels more like a fan-fiction than the real deal. With DQB, it was just one man that left Square Enix, not the whole team who worked on DQB2.)

I have more than these two, but I'm stopping here because these two blow the rest out of the water, now that I can no longer call Bokumono a favourite series. The only other game there is like DQB, that lets me craft my own entire world, is Minecraft, and I can't stand Minecraft...so I need more DQB!
Last edited by Kikki on Sep 28, 2021 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

One is reeeally tough. :lol: Probably for everybody. I don't feel very good right now (vertigo, no idea the cause) so something chill and comfy is going to win. Like if I can reach way farther than I would ever get...

The Animal Crossing update would be a humongous overhaul of the game. We get multiple islands, a way to restart our island without losing our DIY recipes (maybe like the big New Leaf update where you get a bunch of money for nuking everything), all the changes to crafting to make it simpler, dressing villagers, villagers with actual personalities, things to do with villagers that aren't on holidays, and gardening - a BIG, SUBSTANTIAL gardening update. Give me half a dozen to a dozen things that aren't flowers or trees to grow. Trellises on the sides of houses, big potted plants, different styles of garden beds.

And then the rest of the obvious stuff. Give me the rest of the NPCs. Hell, give me a 'shopping island' to go to where all the rest of the NPCs can go. The Switch would be WAY better suited to the online features that New Leaf tried to implement, even just with the massive size of the community.

I do think the update will be pretty substantial, but...nowhere as much as I'm asking for, unfortunately.

Honorable mention to brain wiping my ever seeing Outer Wilds, because there are few more unique and incredible experiences in video games (full stop), and I wish I had just waited and hoped it would be on Switch. I should have believed hard enough. There is an expansion to the game that JUST came out, so...wish list, I guess!
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I had Outer Wilds on my wishlist for a while as it sounded interesting, though I haven't actually played it. I couldn't decide if I'd actually enjoy it or not. (I usually can't get into games where there are no other characters to interact with. I guess I play for elements of life that I don't enjoy IRL? Lol.)

And a real 2.0 for ACNH would be awesome, especially (for me) going into winter. I'll be sorely disappointed if it's only Brewster and The Roost...though I'd go back and play for a little while to see that, anyway. I'm trying to keep my hopes modest and say that I'll be satisfied if Brewster coming back means gyroids do as well, and that the door that could go opposite to the Roost on the second floor of the museum will be for a gyroid wing. I always wanted a gyroid wing in New Leaf...there wasn't enough space to collect and display them all!

Not that I'm betting on it. But the bigger the update, the better. At least give us the stuff we've known was in the code for a year and a half, now! Like all those other crops in addition to pumpkins. I also can't shake the belief that Nooklings' was always intended to have at least one more expansion, because of that weird wooden platform it's on that makes it look unfinished, like it's saving space for a building that's slightly larger all the way around. It'd be nice if the game had more coordinated furniture sets in it, and preferably stuff that isn't themed around a holiday, cuz that usually makes them too kitschy for me.

It IS hard to name one as 'the most', since we all probably have at least a half dozen top-priority desires. But I find it way more interesting when people stick to just one favourite and say why that took the top spot, even though they have others that they can barely place below it.
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

If it helps (this isn't really a spoiler) in Outer Wilds there are some characters to interact with. A small cast, but they're there. You play as a member of a space faring race about to set off on your first trip into space. (The devs said in an interview that they had the game set where you were just...wandering in a world without a story, but play testers got lost and bored and confused more often and adding in a more concrete story made the difference for them.) It's more about the uniqueness of the experience (unfortunately it's one of those games where the less you know, the better), but the writing that's there is pretty great. The writer for Outer Wilds got hired for an Outer WORLDS DLC, actually! :lol:

It may not be easy, but I think it's good to think in limited terms like this. The best things come from limitations. :D So I'll be curious to see some better answers than my own.

I don't think there's anything more fitting for you, Kikki, than Xenoblade Chronicles X. Aside from all of Ronin's Mass Effect replays, I don't think anybody on the forum vocally loves any game more!
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yeah, I do tend to bring it up a bit too much. :"} It may be because no one else talks about it. Like, ever, lol. I feel like it's one of the best games in the world, and only I have played it...along with a few other scattered oddballs in strange corners of the internet. Well, the Wii U having so few sales dramatically limited the potential market for XCX. Plus the expectations were weird. Even though it was openly called a SPIRITUAL successor, not a direct one, people were disappointed that it wasn't more XC1. XCX has a few of the same bones, but it is very different from XC and XC2. XCX plays a lot like an MMORPG, except it's solo. (Absolutely ideal, for me. I loved WoW, but I hated having all the people all over everything, making it harder for me to just do what I wanted, when I wanted to. For me gaming is a solo experience that is ruined by the interference of others, unless it's a silly party game or something, like...Snipperclips. Or something like that.) People say the story is terrible, but it's only because they're mad at it for not being connected to XC...because they were expecting something else, even though they shouldn't have been. The story is actually great, although much broader in feel, since the main character is an avatar character rather than a set one like Shulk. (I love Shulk. Rex, though, is stale oatmeal porridge, to me. He ruined XC2 for me, even though it, too, is a great story.)

Ronin definitely takes the cake on Mass Effect, I'd say. Makes me wonder how many times he's played it in all. Three thousand? Lol.

People don't like to be restricted to having to pick one game, I know, but I really do feel that the best and most interesting answers are given when they hunker down and choose ONE that would be perfect for them, at least in the moment they're giving their answer. (What one game would be best for a person could certainly change by current mood. XCX won't cut it for me when I really want to build and farm!) Just reading a whole list of games someone wants doesn't have much impact...too dry and impersonal than if they say why this one specific game is their current utmost desire (in gaming.)
Kross lover/fan
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

My dream -one game- had already came out; does that count?
It was Final Fantasy 7 remake. Besides Earthbound, that was my favorite game of all time (despite never completing it lol :shock: ) When they announced the remake, 23 years later from the original (even longer for us in the states), I nearly lost my #%*^ lol. I had that preorder before the direct was even over! Not literally but it was pretty darn close lol. If I was there live, omg who knows what would’ve happened. (I might’ve been so bold as to jump on stage and hug the director X’D)
I’m excited for part two. We just got intergrade, which is more of a dlc than a part 2, so I have even more to be exited about.

Honorable mention: RF5. Never thought I’d see the day that was coming. Lost my chiz for that one too :lol:
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

There are two games that'd probably make me so happy I'd cry if they came into existence. The first would be Toukiden 3, because it's a legitimately fun series with an interesting setting and I adore them. It's Monster Hunter X Samurai Warriors with art by the Aterlier Dusk Trilogy artist (Hidari) - It's like it was specfically made for my tastes. It takes place medieval Japan, a 'what if' story where history was invaded by demons and all the historical figures became wandering spirits that the people who survived team up with to take down said demons. That concept alone sounds super cool, but there's so much more to it too. I want more, I want to see where else the story can go. Theres so much potential. I really hope the devs are given the go ahead to make the 3rd game, because they want to, but it's out of their hands.

The second would be a remaster/enhanced port of the Marl Kingdom games. We get almost every in-house developed NIS game these days (minus their Visual Novels, pretty much), but back in the day before they founded NISA, NIS games were usually published by ATLUS or another smaller company. Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure was one of these games, and I love it tons. While we did get the DS port of the game, we still never got the other two games in the trilogy, and I am forever salty about that. There's really nothing like these games; they're actual musicals with JRPGs attached. They're also directly connected with all of NIS' series or one offs (Disgaea, Phantom Brave, La Pucelle, ect) and it's a real shame that we have these characters and enemies (and references) to Marl Kingdom, yet never got the full series of games over here. I am praying that with the NIS Classics that are being released now that they finally translate these games.

Honorable mention: the Atelier otome game; Atelier Elkrone. I will always be a salt mine that we never got this localized. An otome game with an Atelier crafting system? I would've killed for a game like this a long time ago, but now I'm just mad about it.
iLoveSprites75
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:An announcement that would make you gasp or cry or levitate right out of your chair, or whatever kind of reaction you'd have to it.
Kirby Air Ride port or remake for Switch. I tried really hard to keep it at one, but a new Tomodachi Life for Switch, too. And since I mention Air Ride, can I just say I really wish they'd make a GameCube VC or Online download for the Switch... Come on now, the controller layout is just about identical...
Kikki wrote:You can also name a game that is actually in development
Pokémon BDSP, only because of how it looks. Since it holds nostalgia for me, keeping the look is important.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I get that it's really hard to name just one. I mean, on some days, I would more want to play DQB3 than an XCX port or even XCX2. Different games scratch entirely different itches, even though it's all gaming. I don't play XCX when I want something cozy...I play it when I want something exciting and gorgeous and vast that makes my eyes and ears the happiest. But if I'm really craving something cozy, it's not gonna cut it. So on some days, my answer would no longer be true.

But in a neutral mood, where I'm not craving something specific, it's my #1.

And sure, Kross; it's fine to name a game that already 'came true' if that was your dream game :) That's great that you got it! I hope we'll hear word of FFVIIR Pt2 soon; I actually really liked FFVIIR, even though I'm not an FF fan in general. RF5 probably fits the same bill of 'wildest dreams come true game' for a bunch of others, here. I'm not sure why, but even though I love RF4, RF5 was never a top priority for me, and I was not at all happy to hear of Hashimoto splitting off because I was afraid of what that would mean for Bokumono (and rightfully so, says Olive Town.) even though it gave the first hint that maybe RF5 would be making an appearance after all.

Though I am happy about RF5 and will be buying it Day 1. Barring unforeseen circumstances, of course.

I hope everyone either just got or will soon get a great gaming announcement. Anticipation is half the fun. Well...there's the ACNH Direct to look forward to, atm! It'd be great if it's bigger than I suspect. (I'm afraid it may only be about Brewster/The Roost/Series 5 amiibo cards.)
JayDucky03
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

A Wonderful Life port of would make me incredibly happy, but atm I desperately want news on the next Fire Emblem.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Tomodachi Life on the switch please. They did Miitopia, I’d be happy if they ported TL too
simside
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Kikki, I would also ADORE an XCX port. I skipped Wii U, and after the games started re-releasing for Switch, I expected everything... eventually. The two I really wanted to play, XCX and Paper Mario, still haven't appeared.

But I think my Happiest Game Announcement would be Shining Soul 3, which is hilariously unlikely. SSII came out on GBA almost 20 years ago, and it's still one of my favorite games. I played it again with my partner last year. It's hard to recommend, because it's one of the Diablo clones that were popular at the time, and, like, someone could just play Diablo instead. But SSII is tailored specifically to my tastes. It's not too fiddly, it's the right size, and the areas are really fun to replay. A third one could be the exact same game with slightly different classes, more items, and the same number of areas, and I would lose my mind.

I like these small Diablo clones a lot, but they are increasingly rare. I think they sorta turned into exploration/crafting games, which I don't like as much. I wanna sort through a lotta loot! I want the rush of the rare drop!

Honorable mention would be Switch news about the mainline Persona games. A port of 5 seems... possible. Maybe.
yzafre
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

There are a lot of games that would make me happy (like DQB3 mentioned above) but the impossible dream, the holy grail, the one that would make me absolutely lose my mind: an announcement that Capcom is re-starting development on Mega Man Legends 3.

I obsessively read the dev-blogs for that project when they were working on it, and to this day (and honestly probably for the rest of my life) I'm still a little bit bitter about how that all went down.

Ugh, I wanted that game so bad. I would absolutely lose it if it ever came back.
Nurse Fin
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I also want a port of or successor to Xenoblade X. I’ve recently opened up my old file and started playing a different class and finishing up all the quests and other things I never got around to… I wanna beat all the big scary monsters finally :lol: I’ve played the « Puppy Doodoo » out of that game and I still enjoy what’s there but I’d love if there were more. I wanna see NLA with finished construction…
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Dragon Age 4. BioWare is in hot water ever since Mass Effect Andromeda and Anthem. I don't think Mass Effect can be saved with the next sequel planned, but it's been 7 years since Dragon Age Inquisition came out. The tentative release year is 2023 and it'll be a 9-year difference. It's time for a new entry.