Doraemon Story of Seasons - massive sale

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.

Going to get the game?

You may select 1 option

View results

Kross lover/fan
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Didn’t know where else to put this but those of you who’ve been on the fence for Doraemon SoS, it’s currently on sale in the Nintendo e-shop for only $12.49 (Normal price: 49.99. sale goes on until the 23rd of this month)

I was really hesitant to get this game but with it being this cheap, I bit the bullet. I doubt it’d go on a bigger sale…maybe like 3 years from now but eh.

(Guess this could’ve gone in the ‘all other’ section. Oops >< sorry)
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I picked it up last time it went on sale on the Switch and have played a full in-game year. It's a solidly okay game...not my most loved, not my most hated, but I'm still playing it every once in a while. There's no decent guides for it, so if you get stuck on something, you may just have to knuckle through it.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

As someone who had this within a week or so from release; I can say it's a good game but it's really not for everyone, even HM/SoS fans. I knew who Doraemon was before jumping in, even watched the 'Stand by Me' movie in preparation. It definitely helped my enjoyment level, but I didn't end up staying til the end of the storyline because the hook wasn't compelling enough nor was the progression done at a good pace. Here's some basic pros and cons;

Pros:

- Beautiful art/graphical style
- Fantastic OST
- Genuinely good farming sim
- Fast travel unlocks early and easily
- Has an actual mine
- You can nap anywhere to pass time instead of wasting time idling
- If you're a fan of Doraemon, it's a love letter to you

Cons:

- Noby is S L O W and the ability to walk faster/run takes forever to unlock
- Quest objectives are not always clear and it leads to a lot of questions and frustration
- No marriage system as the main character is a child and this is a dealbreaker for most
- Cutscenes will commonly rapid fire right after another and if you're NOT into Doraemon, it can really not be your cup of tea as well (I don't recall if you can skip them or not)
- Upgrades are ridiculously expensive, HOWEVER, it's hilariously easy to make money via non farming tasks like baking and fishing (you can also save scum the mines).

Overall it was an interesting experience that I just eventually lost interest in. It's defs worth at least 12ish bucks for the pros alone imo.
simside
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

I really liked this one! I enjoyed it even without knowing much about Doraemon aside from the character names, the premise, and a little about the famous gadgets. The story was pretty involved, and all the characters had storyline segments you could unlock, which was cool. I’m a slow player, but I finished the main plot after about 100 hours and really liked its twists.

As much as I enjoyed it, I would have trouble recommending it at its original price point (if the story hadn’t gripped me, I’m not sure I would have enjoyed the slower pace of everything else). But $12 is a great price for this game, it has a lot of content if it clicks with you.