E3 starts TODAY (June 12 at 10AM Pacific) *SPOILERS*

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Just show us some good stuff. Show us you've got cool new things underway, even if they're not *my* interests, Nintendo. I won't ask for any Xenoblade. I don't need a Switch Pro. Just don't be a big batch of nothing new, like so much of the rest of E3 was. Give us some surprises and prove that the world is still rolling forward instead of melting into a puddle of slop. And if you don't show BotW2, please give us a date for when you WILL show it to us later this year.

EDIT: Okay, so if anyone missed it and wants to watch just the Direct portion, you can see it on Twitch. I'm sure you can see it on YouTube, too, but this is the first link I managed to grab.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Terranigma Freak wrote:I want to see some Metroid. Something, anything Metroid!
My dude, you must be thrilled about Dread!

----

That's it, pack it up, Nintendo won E3 once again. That was a fantastic rapid fire of new games, good ports, and much needed dates. While there was no Fire Emblem, holy « Puppy Doodoo », Advanced Wars is alive?! Zelda being next year with Pokemon, Splatoon, and Triangle Strategy -oof, my poor wallet!
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

A reminder...this thread is filled with spoilers. If we put everything spoilery behind cuts, pretty nearly the entire thread will be behind a cut once E3 actually began.

It took me a bit to digest the Direct. For the first half I was pretty darned bored. (I was also disgusted to have Smash take up 5 of my precious 40 minutes of game-announcing time, though I do know people who were very happy to have...Katsuya? Kaguya? Whatever K guy from Tekken, they were happy, so that resigned me a bit.)

Then I noticed that the things that were coming out, while of no interest to me, are beloved by lots of people I know. SMT V, Danganronpa, Fatal Frame, Metroid, etc. That made me smile then, too. And of course, at the end, we got BotW2, which meant that it was worthwhile on that alone. I didn't care about seeing Skyward Sword, and it's nice that they threw another li'l sop at LoZ's 35th, even if I have NO interest in that ancient Super Chunky Pixel Blobby McBlobberton stuff. But the BotW2 bit was fascinating. One of those floating islands looked a heck of a lot like Skyloft, gang, and I am CONFUSED. (Maybe it's not actually supposed to be or have been Skyloft, though, maybe the layout is just similar. Surely SS is still the first game in the timeline? It doesn't make sense to put any other game before it. Also, was Link's arm fused with stone and/or a shiekah slate? And what was with his hair?)
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Aaah watching the direct with snark was blessed. Overall it was OKAY, lots of stuff we've seen multiple times.

At this point I'm starting to wonder if we're getting Zelda anniversary ports. Aside from Skyward Sword, of course! BotW2 is a thing, though? Not impressed with a recycled overworld. (We demand dungeons, dammit!) And as much as I am not a fan of her...I feel bad for BotW Zelda? She just got out of being kidnapped and...back in the hole you go? Seriously, Nintendo?

The rest of the year is kind of a blank slate for me. There's always indies to enjoy, at least!
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I don't demand dungeons :) I never liked traditional dungeons in LoZ. Always played for the connecting bits but sighed when I had to go complete a dungeon. I can tolerate them and won't be upset if they return, but I'd be happier for something somewhere in between shrines and dungeons, but somehow more organic than the divine beasts. Bigger/more complex than most of the shrines, but less so than the dungeons of previous games.
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

From the Zelda focused communities I'm involved with...I'd say the majority of the fanbase (at least what was there BEFORE BotW) was disappointed with the Shadow of the Colossus beasts. Too easy, too short, too samey. So it doesn't have to be traditional dungeons EXACTLY, but it can't be more of that. I doubt it would affect review scores, but beyond that...there will be rage.

I legitimately miss the 'eureka' moments from puzzles in the old games. BotW puzzles do exercise a different part of the brain but...I don't want more of them.

I think more than anything I just don't want a traditional sequel. A large part of the reason why Zelda is one of my favorite series is because every game is so different from the last. We don't know much of anything about BotW2 so no judgment. Just...not more of the same, please.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yeah, somehow the divine beasts were not the ideal crossbreed between shine/dungeon. I'm not sure exactly why, but...probably because they not only all had the same type of puzzle (except that each element was different), they even LOOKED all the same. To not even have different colour schemes...BLAAAAAAAAH.

But I'd like dungeons to be more...outdoorsy or something. Somehow more natural. Kind of like when you had to sneak around and get rid of your enemies with that one-hit dealie. I don't mean a copy of that or anything, just that I found doing that way more interesting than divine beasts or the dungeons of old, though I had to retry an awful lot cuz you had to be very judicious about when you used the, er...one-hit dealie. I'd like to see dungeon-like trials be more world-sweeping and less confined to one set of ruins/cave/etc or another. I don't like dungeons in any game, I don't think. They feel so artificial and weird, to me.
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Outdoorsy dungeons would be awesome! There's that quote from Miyamoto waaay early in BotW's development of him wanting to have a whole forest as a dungeon, and if Nintendo could pull that off it would be awesome! I don't think I've seen a developer pull that off yet but...Nintendo has devs creative enough to figure it out.

My favorite part of traditional dungeons is honestly is the development of concepts, the package doesn't matter as much. So if there are ways to gate off dungeon 'areas' so that we can learn one concept and build on it to make more difficult/interesting puzzles, excellent. All I could ask for.
Terranigma Freak
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Bluie wrote:
Terranigma Freak wrote:I want to see some Metroid. Something, anything Metroid!
My dude, you must be thrilled about Dread!
Hell yeah! It wasn't what I expected, but still very welcomed! I love the new suits.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Okay, I think I've managed to make a full list of everything I'm interested in that was shown during E3 (including orbiting events that happened concurrently though not directly, such as Guerrilla Collective and the cringe-ily named 'Wholesome Direct'.) All this stuff is going on my watch list. Some of it was on before E3 but more got shown during, so I put them here, too.
  • Snacko
  • Garden World
  • Great Ace Attorney Chronicles
  • Kokopa's Atlas
  • Beasts of Maravilla Island
  • Mythic Ocean
  • Witch Academy
  • Eiuyden Chronicle Rising
  • Eiuyden Chronicle: One Hundred Heroes
  • One Lonely Outpost
  • Monster Hunter Stories 2 DEMO
  • Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope
  • Grow: Song of the Evertree
  • Haven (physical)
  • Hades (physical)
  • Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (already played it, though)
  • Age of Calamity DLC
  • Two Point Campus
  • Knockout Fitness
  • Eternal Cylinder
  • Tinkertown (I think this is PC only)
  • Kena: Bridge of Spirits (don't remember where I saw this but it came up again in the last few days, so adding it in!)
  • Potion Craft (also PC only, I think?)
  • BotW 2 (duh)
Putting it in list form, it's a fairly respectable number of games, I think.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Honestly, this E3 wasn't really all too exciting for me specifically, but there were still some titles that caught my eye and having Nintendo live up the the hype was a great experience. For me, my eyes are on:
  • Snacko
  • Grow: Song of the Evertree
  • Eiyuden Chronicle Duology
  • Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster Series
  • Rune Factory 5
  • Astria Ascending
  • Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild sequel
For titles that were specifically featured in shows and aren't releasing in the super near future. There's a lot I'm still waffling on, unsure if I want to buy/play, but eh, whatever. 2022 is seriously stacked for me now though. I hope they're all spread out because they're all NEEDS when it comes to my gaming tastes.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I forgot to consider RF5 a part of E3.

EDIT: Deleted the rest of this post, lol. It wasn't accurate.