New and tentative game announcements (V2)

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

I think at this point, Japanese composers are more often able to communicate with global game devs through translation software, and hey, work is work! I already forget who, but the prequel to the Messenger got somebody famous.

As for Edge of Eternity, it's been out on Steam since summer of last year, and is sitting at "Mostly Positive". Not bad, but not a 10/10. Been following it a bit in gaming news.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2691 ... _Eternity/

It might be something to keep in mind once you get your Steam Deck?
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Might be...been considering it for quite some time. I think the reason that review came out yesterday is because EoE was released for console only a couple days ago, though I didn't check to see what the reviewer was using. I had to go back and re-copy the link as the one in my post was somehow wrong (to one of the linked articles rather than the review in question.) The EoE review I read that was so over-the-top was actually HERE(I edited it in my post from before now, too.)

The link says it is Xbox (series s), so it is a review of the console version. I wouldn't bother with the switch version on Feb 22...it definitely needs the power of one of the other consoles. (It's probably via Cloud on switch, though I didn't check.) Well, it's on my 'watchlist' for now. :)
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

3ds and WiiU eshops heading off into the sunset! I had better check if there's anything I must have before this happens.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Ugh. It really won't be possible to play Xenoblade Chronicles X before long, then. If your rickety old Wii U fails (even new those things really struggled to run XCX) and you go to the trouble of getting another, you won't be able to buy the game for it. I have it in physical, but it requires the massive download of textures and things to prevent it from chugging desperately.

I think there may have been one other 3ds game I was still considering. Better try to remember what it was! It wasn't Radiant Historia Perfect Chronology, cuz I got that, but I think there was another.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Glad I re-got a 2DS for Christmas last year and grabbed what I wanted. I have until next year to grab the last few titles I want and I intend to. Some of my favorite games on the system are eShop only and I don't intend to leave them behind.
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Ugh. That's always a super depressing announcement... Kinda surprised the WiiU lasted this long, though. Not even sure what other games I'd even want to get. TPHD, maybe? Might be smarter to get a physical copy, though. :/

I hate all the wasted space, but... Maybe just keeping discs is enough. At least there's a possibility of doing something with the discs in the future. I imagine we'll start seeing systems like what's been done for the SNES/Gameboy that let you play original carts at some point. People love these games. Digital media (digital ownership, specifically) is just...a problem. Sad.

Does this mean Nintendo is rereleasing TPHD/WWHD on Switch this year, then? They're trapped on the WiiU otherwise... :|
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Guys, Harvest Moon kawaii put up a thread about the closure, pertaining to play stats, but I definitely recommend that you drop by there and put in your emergency purchase recommendations, if you have any. Games that were easy to miss on 3ds (or Wii U) but are still worth playing. I put in Ever Oasis and Fantasy Life (I think most people here know those but in larger parts of the internet, I bet they got overlooked by many.) It's a year but games that people have overlooked until now would tend to continue to get forgotten and a year'll slip by before you know it...
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Hundred Days (the winemaking simulator where you grow grapes and turn them into wine and sell them...kind of like a more realistic version of chocolatier, except for wine instead of chocolate) is due out on switch on February 28th. That's sooner than I thought. I already have a game slated for Feb (Variable Barricade) and one for March (RF5) so I'll probably leave this for later. I don't really have time for gaming the next few months anyway.

I have been quite interested in it all along, though.
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Anybody else watch the Pokemon Presents this morning? If you haven't yet you need to! There were a bunch of mobile game updates announced I didn't care about, but no word on Pokemon Home updates though. There is going to be a Shaymin mystery gift event in BDSP later today, as well as a free update to Arceus later today, and some freebie Pokeballs. Guess that one is going the way of Monster Hunter, lol. They really fooled me there at the end with the live action bit, I thought it was just going to be some Detective Pikachu junk or something.
Spoiler:
Gen 9 people! Woot!! Original looking starters too! Late 2022 will probably be November as usual. Totally excited to see more in upcoming months about Scarlet and Violet!
yzafre
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I saw it, Greensara! I'll definitely be playing the update to Arceus this afternoon.
Spoiler:
I'm hesitantly excited about the Gen 9 game - will it be more like Arceus or more like Sw/Sh? I'll probably do like I did with Arceus, and wait till after it comes out and I can watch a few streams to see if I'll want to buy.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

greensara wrote:Anybody else watch the Pokemon Presents this morning? If you haven't yet you need to! There were a bunch of mobile game updates announced I didn't care about, but no word on Pokemon Home updates though. There is going to be a Shaymin mystery gift event in BDSP later today, as well as a free update to Arceus later today, and some freebie Pokeballs. Guess that one is going the way of Monster Hunter, lol. They really fooled me there at the end with the live action bit, I thought it was just going to be some Detective Pikachu junk or something.
Spoiler:
Gen 9 people! Woot!! Original looking starters too! Late 2022 will probably be November as usual. Totally excited to see more in upcoming months about Scarlet and Violet!
Good thing I saw your post because if I hadn’t I would have made a Pokémon Scarlet/violet thread. Lol.
Harvest Moon kawaii
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

I'm so excited for the new content in Pokemon Brillant Diamond/Shining Pearl, Pokemon Legends Arceus, and Pokemon Generation 9 (Pokemon Scarlet and Pokemon Violet). :) :eek:

My new side projects are to fill the sinnoh pokedex in Shining Pearl, and do the post-game in Pokemon Legends Arceus (and new post-game content/update).

I know I'm getting Pokemon Violet (so far), because purple is my favorite color.

Actually, a part of me was hoping on an update for Pokemon Detective Pikachu 2 for Nintendo Switch. I've been waiting for it.

Also, just as a note, you can get Oak's Letter, even without completing the Sinnoh Pokedex first.
ChocolateKisses
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Excited about new pokemon gen as well. I love the starters! Just hoping their middle and final evolutions are good lol I really did not vibe with the Galar ones. Im also getting violet because, purple of course lol. There wasnt much shown to really know how the game will play out yet, im just hoping they will keep some of the Arceus formula. Graphics are quite meh, like always, but Im just hoping the gameplay is fun and that there isnt some weird gimmick like the Gigantamax thing. I really enjoyed mega-evolutions so im hoping they are back in the game or at least some mechanic like it.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Write me down as also excited for the new Pokemon game. I adored the gameplay loop of Arceus this year and left me really wanting more Pokemon games in this style or similar. Game Freak has got it covered with S&V it seems and I can't wait. While I do still appreciate the titles that follow the old formula, this new direction is something I hope they keep building on in the future. I'm a natural cat lover so Sprigatito is a big fave already, but Fuecoco is super cute too. Quaxly is the only one I'm 'eehhh' on, but it could grow on me seeing the 3rd evo. Really only ended up liking the Scorbunny line in Sw/Sh while I adored all the lines in Su/Mo.

I guess the next inevitable remake down the line will be B/W, though I feel they could still pull a 'Let's Go' entry with Johto as well. Releasing remakes in the 'old' Pokemon style could be a way to continue having both the newer games keep up with the open world concept while still catering to the nostalgia crowd. While I skipped Gen 5 in it's entirety due to franchise fatigue (and I didn't like the revamped leveling system), I do look forward to one day playing a remake of X&Y. Not sure why exactly, but I think about that generation a lot and how it was genuinely a blast to play from start to finish. It was the first time I bought both versions of the game so I could have an excuse to keep playing and keep absorbing the world. While the characters and story ranged from really good to 'why tho?', every song in the OST was great and every area felt lovingly crafted. One day...
Harvest Moon kawaii
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Kirby and the Forgotten Land has a demo on Switch. It was so much fun.

It has two modes. Wild Mode (which I'm guessing is a hard mode) and Spring-Breeze mode (which is the normal/easy mode). If you beat the demo all on hard mode, you get 2 passcodes for the full game. :)