Backlog 2021

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Well, I'm dropping The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles. As much as I like the series, this entry feels like it's moving so slow. It's amazing that there are 3 parts to the trial in Chapter 3 and adding the jury mechanic is annoying. 6 complete (and bias) strangers ultimately decide the fate of the defendant (and one guy simply put down a guilty verdict without so much as waiting for my cross!). And then you get to hear their reasons and you, the player, find that this system of jurors is really bad. I'm glad the jury in real life can't just decide right then and there during a trial whether someone is guilty or not. And it's so black and white; they have to come to a unanimous decision. No gray area to work with. The game, as a whole to me, is just frustrating at how Capcom tries to extend the length of this one game and I'm only halfway done with the first game in the series. I thought it was just Sholmes, but no, it's also how deliberate the game's length is because they're drawing cases out too long and the dialogue text is slower than in past entries too. I can't in good conscience continue this game; I'm moving on to Eastward.
Daikon boy
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

My luck continues...Broke my toenail on a glass jar...my nails are surprisingly strong so the break is smooth and the nail is still solid, even on one of my weaker nails. It hurts especially when you touch the bottom of the toe, but it could be worse. I got it really good though.

On the bright side I'm making good progress on my game and can charge my devices easily so I can keep playing. I've got a couple games I could finish soon if I keep the pace up, but no guarantees on that. Will probably be busier tomorrow or the day after so less time for that.

Edit: almost twenty hours in, and I put it down for the time being. Need to go back and do a few more rounds in the arena before I'm finished with that for now. Not sure if I Should try the next level yet or not. I also have to finish up some sidequests before I continued the story.

Turns out I dented in a can of pineapples with my toe. But my nail will be okay, and the bones don't seem broken even though they hurt. Like most things with me I just need to rest. After dinner I'll probably play my switch some more. Might turn my ds on too.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:EDIT: PEE ESS; good luck Bluie!
The Power of Friendship™! This gave me enough energy to game yesterday after work! XD

I got through both Impey's and Victor's routes in Code:Realize and then started Lupin's. Annnnd, yeah, my mind completely deleted both of their routes, and I think I know why. They're more lore dumps for Cardia and the setting than impactful stories. Not to say that they're bad in any sense, but they do lack a certain hook that Van and St. Germain's seem to have (their mystery and ever evolving plot, imo). Impey's route is cute, Impey himself is fun, but I prefer him as a side character than a love interest for Cardia. With Victor, his route is kinda boring compared to the others and Queen Victoria is completely off her « Cow Poopies » in this route when compared to her roles in others. She's fairly likeable elsewhere in the game, but here she feels like a shoehorned conflict.

Now for Lupin's route. I strictly remember the climax and ending of it but not much else. I'm looking forward to getting it done and finally moving onto the fandiscs. Monster Crown just preloaded onto my Switch so I can FEEL THE PRESSURE TO FINISH ASAP.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yeah! The power of friendship can apparently save entire worlds from both demons and natural disaster; glad it could be harnessed to progress in Code: Realize as well :)

~

I did it! I got the greenhouse plastic on! And by myself. (Well my sister came out when I had it up over the peak of the roof and half way down the other side, and she started helping then as the plastic rips on the pointy corners if you ever try to actually pull/slide it any further, so...kinda HAD to have help at that point. But I'm the one who got it up over that 10-foot peak to begin with. ME.) I've secured the sides, as well...now I need help or further instruction for securing the front and back, where the extra plastic has to be folded into the equation. But even though it looks like an absurd heap at the moment, it's a frame firmly coverd in plastic that goes to the ground on all sides, so it's an actual greenhouse now. I could even start using it, at this point.

Nearly broke myself in multiple pieces doing it, but the little bit that is left is much easier/faster. So I've barely managed to keep my deadline of being done by October 12th, and hopefully can get around to trying and buying Knockout Home Fitness, now. I got a free 21-inch monitor (dad had two spares, lol) and I have a spare dock for the Switch, so I can just get a bag, stash monitor, dock and USB DVD player in it, and carry them in and out from the greenhouse whenever I want to do a guided workout, whether Ring Fit or Yoga Master, or Knockout Home Fitness, or maybe even that Outdoor Challenge one. (There's at least 10 workout option on Switch, that I know of.) Will never try Just Dance or Zumba, as I'm barely coordinated to walk and chew gum at the same time.

I'll still try the Fitness Boxing 2 demo, but from everything I've read, it's a lesser workout than Ring Fit, so not sure if I wanna; it doesn't really appeal to me. The Ring Con adds quite a bit of versatility to the exercise roster in Ring Fit. Anyway, thanks to a tiny portable DVD player and the Switch, I should have enough light-to-moderate exercises to do, to sneak up on whatever the heck has been wrong with me for 12 years now without aggravating the problem. (I'll probably never know if it's the MS that does it, or not, since the neurologist herself doesn't know. I wish I could just find out for sure!)

~

I started up a new file of ANB yesterday evening when I was too tired to do much else (I have so many tasks I neeeeeeeed to do, but I am so pooped out by 2 in the afternoon, I can barely move. I'm going to take some modafinil to get me through Friday on my feet, when I've made sure that I'll have the whole day uninterrupted to get to all the tasks I haven't been able to get to. That means I'll need a PPI on Saturday to control the side effects of the modafinil, but you do what you gotta do.)

I love this game. LOOOOOOVE it. Everything that everyone else complains about? Having to build the whole town? Having to arrange it all yourself? Having to build all your own stuff on your own as well? Having to do all the Town Restoration Plans? HAVE TO? I want want want to! It's not a chore, it's a delight. Those are what make this game my absolute, forever-favourite Bokumono game. (Well, that and Sanjay, of course.) The beginning is very slow but it's fun scrounging up money in dribbles with bugs and stuff. It's going to get very busy very fast once Summer hits. Anyway! I did NOT stay up late and made sure I went to bed before 10:30 PM...but I still woke up a bit after 7:30. :? What on earth is wrong with me? I've never slept 9 hours solid in my life!

I need more resting time in general...have been physically pushing the envelope a bit too much this past two or three weeks and everything is seizing up on me and things are starting to collapse as issues accumulate, so...thank goodness I can go back to basically normal next week! Just one last big push and I should be done. Will be continuing with 3DS for a while due to how very comfortable it is to use while lying down.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I've spent the last eight hours finishing Code:Realize and trying to binge Future Blessings. My head hurts so I'm taking a small break lol. Lupin's route was fine, I don't have much else to say about it. I did forget about some very important plot points, so it was helpful to replay (overall too, not just his route). I've done all the future routes in Future Blessings and I'd kinda say they're all about the same enjoyment-wise. Van's and Lupin's were pretty normie compared to the others, but that's fine. Victor's was a surprising contender for best afterstory, but I am a St. Germain simp, therefore I have a bias and he's still best boy. Impey's was cute and I feel like his CGs were the best out of the whole batch (though Lupin sulking while holding Sisi made me gigglesnort). Now I just have Sholmes, Finis, and some side story about a Lupin gang(?) left, but they seem to be full sized routes with choices annnnd I am out of steam for today. Routes in Code:Realize took me an average of 2 hours to compete each and I am way too pooped right now to binge one or more entire routes. Had I not had to finish Code:Realize first and jumped right into Future Blessings, I may be more willing, but nah, brain mush atm. I have Saturday off, so I'll finish it off then, hopefully.

My other game that releases next week loaded itself onto my Switch today; Dungeon Encounters. I am gonna finish Future Blessings and Wintertide Miracles before I touch it and Monster Crown, I just wish I had more tiiiiiimeee (and brain power).
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Not gaming (except that this is why I have no spare time for any other games, atm!) so hiding off-topic-ness:
Spoiler:
Not much gaming time this past two or three weeks, and that's definitely going to continue until at least past Sunday. Home stretch! And all the plastic is now strapped down, so the door is the only thing left...and it's SO HOT in that unheated little house that you need the door completely open (or not-existing!) to not pass out in five minutes, lol. I hope it warms up well by early afternoon in winter, too, since that's the goal. :)

Today is my last big (physical) work day before things calm back down. Tomorrow I probably have to do a load of errands and prep work, so I'll be running around a lot, but not much lifting or scrubbing or other forms of contorting my willing but very breakable body. Though I still have the veggie garden to rip out and a little trench to dig for burying the all-weather extension cord out to the greenhouse. But after that I can get started on a rotating daily exercise schedule and actually fully get back into the groove, which I hope will keep me out of the winter funk. Doing well so far and we're in October now! Finally, I'll be able to try this demo, lol. Hope it's good!

I really want to get back into better overall condition, though it might not boost my stamina the way I'd like. But it might! I can't dream of being in the shape I was in at 32, at this point...I'm no longer able to do heavy-duty weight lifting, nor anything high-impact or high intensity, which was ALL I did, back then. Not possible any more. (Boo!) But I've equipped myself with at least half a dozen low-to-moderate intensity activity opportunities in the form of exercise games and a few machines, mostly whole-body stuff, that I hope can let me steal thin slices of fitness for myself, without my body noticing that I'm doing it and rebelling with nerve pain (or whatever it is! Possibly actual, overblown immune/inflammatory response to muscle tears or something.) in every joint.

Let's see if a gaming console can actually get someone back IN shape for once, instead of being one of the reasons why they're so OUT of it. But really, the real, main reason for all this is just to get through winter without needing a prescription. Being more fit would be awesome, but it's a bonus point, not the goal itself.
What scraps of gaming I do between other jobs is Farm Together and ANB in small sections. I am continually reminded how well ANB suits me :D Just walking into the shop, and realizing I've unlocked more recipes, or a new seed, or etc...makes me happy every time. I love how I constantly feel rewarded. Tiny rewards, yes, but that's fine! Still in the very slooooow first season, but very much looking foward to the arrival of Rebecca, when the real work can begin. Also to Summer, when I'll get my fishing pole. Though...iirc, I don't think you unlock the ability to find blueprints and recipes right away while fishing? I can't remember, but I think something else has to happen first. I love having so many things to unlock, some of them being EARLY unlocks if you work hard or are smart about your use of time. (Like if you grow loads of fodder, you can unlock the best soil fields really early, as the only requirement is to harvest 1000 crops.)

Stopped on my unintended DQB2 replay. I am reeeally not fond of Chapter 2, or the Isle of Awakening interval that happens between 2 and 3. :/ Though I was having okay-ish success at building up the mountain rather than across the ground, it looked a bit awkward since you're very limited in how far you go back until you get a good chunk of the way through the story.

My farm level in FT is only 85 atm, and the last animal unlocks at level 100. But all the unlock conditions for EVERYTHING are already met in this game! :) I now have not only every crop and fish unlocked (that's been true for a while) but I also have every flower and animal unlocked, too, and just have to hit Farm Level 88 and then 100 to get the last two animals. At that point, I'll have 36 of everything...animals, flowers, fish. Plus I already have 81 of every tree type. I even have every ticket job unlocked now, including all the paintings and musical scores. Basically, I've played the bejeebus out of this game. I've used my little windows of game time this last month just to harvest the last couple of flowers an animals I needed to, to get those final things unlocked, and it's done, now.

Now what? Lol.
Simply Unknown
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Coming up on a vacation week for me which means I can start getting through some of my other games before Brilliant Diamond comes out next month. Right now, I'm working on completing the Photodex and crowning my maps for New Pokemon Snap. I've finished all the courses for three island/areas, considering the underwater areas don't exactly count, as well as finished all the requests including the ones for the 6 new paths that were released through that free DLC.

On the Genshin front, I've been ignoring most of the chaos going around and just focusing on my own playthrough. The festival was pretty fun, but I'm not really looking forward to the banners coming out for 2.2. I want Thoma, but I really don't want to pull on Hu Tao's banner since I'm not too fond of her playstyle. My own main team relies on keeping everyone as healthy as possible. I'm also at 50/90 for pity so if I do risk a pull, it might just be a ten pull or how many pulls it takes to reach my next guaranteed 4 star. On the bright side, if the rumors about Albedo are accurate I'm in a great position. I didn't start playing until after his banner came out and I had a lot of fun with him in the Misty Dungeon event so at least I have that to look forward to!
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Waaaah, finished stuff today, and thanks to the modafinil, it'll be several hours before my brain remembers how to feel sleepy. Which means...I have about 4 hours of game time in front of me. (I'm too broken to keep working right now, lol...and I got everything important done already, so I won't risk injury or incapacitation for the next 2-3 days.)

I haven't had this big a section of time in about three weeks. I feel like I don't know what to do with it, lol. But I think I'll check in on ACNH, since we're getting that update that MIGHT turn out to be significant. (Meaning more than just Brewster and The Roost and a Series 5 that could turn out to be uninteresting.) I had just gotten Fang to move in, in place of Marshal, who is cute, but not as interesting to look at as Raymond, and I can't stand the Smug personality in this iteration (it was just gentlemanly in New Leaf, for some reason...quite likeable, back then!) so I absolutely will not allow TWO of the buggers to live in Windfall.

Even though I love Felicity's looks, she looks too stately to be a peppy...I think I'd rather have Lily. Plus I love her house both outside and in, while Felicity's is boring, so...I'll probably set about bringing her into Windfall. And maybe Tiffany in place of Willow, since Willow is adorable but doesn't look 'snooty' (I like the characters to look their part as much as possible) AND doesn't fit Windfall's colour theme (sky or 'wind' colours: blue, greys, white, black, and even purples are okay, but orange, red, etc...nope!)

Might as well finish changing things up to increase the feeling of freshness in the game if the update is good enough to make me want to start playing again. (Right now I'm doubtful as Windfall feels very done, but will definitely watch the AC Direct to find out.)

That'll take me about five minutes, though. I'd nap to help my sore bits recover, but I seriously can't with this stuff still in my system. Not sure what I'll do with the rest of my time! Maybe a little more ANB? Or perhaps I should just read. Or write that thing I was considering. I suppose I don't have to fill the time with gaming, even if I haven't done much of it in a while. Maybe I just don't feel like it? I think it's just as well to branch out with hobbies and spend more time on different ones. I've already completed 17 games in 2021 (not including replays) and I only want one more to end at 18...I think that's an acceptable number for me this year.
simside
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

I finished the first loop of Diablo 2R earlier this week! Act 5/Baal was a lot easier than expected (my Diablo fight was a trainwreck). I debated doing nightmare with the Werebear Druid... stat-wise, I built him right for it. But he has terrible equipment, and he dies sometimes, so I might try a ranged character for the harder difficulty loop.

Went back to Harvest Moon One World! Married Sami, and am once again trying to fill in crop mutations with mixed success. Somehow, at the end of the season, I manage to find all the mutations I should have been aiming for. I'm hoping to play long enough to see the child, but I'm not super-sure I'll stick around for two more seasons. I love this game, and I'm still having fun, but I'm definitely wrapping up the content.

I'm also still playing Warioware, for some reason. This is turning into a bizarre quest to 100% the missions, though I don't particularly care about that. It's a really good game for picking up in short sessions, and I usually just finish a mission when I do. I figure when I don't want to pick this one up anymore, I'll probably grab Picross 2 and start that grind.

Will also probably grab Garden Story this weekend. I'm in the mood for a medium-size game like that. Other games I want to start soon: Shantae (1), Great Ace Attorney 2, Portia, and... Labyrinth of Refrain. It's been pending in my Switch case for months. I'm not sure how much I'll enjoy it. I was really in the mood for a game like that, but then my partner played an Etrian Odyssey game and reminded me that those are pretty hard! I also preordered Metroid Dread, but it'll be a few months until I play. I'll want to be able to look stuff up online for that.

I also saw a game called Settlement Survival is coming out on PC on Monday. The description mentions 'Banished' in the first sentence, which is my achilles heel. I LOVE Banished, and this looks a lot like it.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Code:Realize Future Blessings is doooone!

I enjoyed the Shlomes route as it was a fun spin on an old classic, sort of, but because he didn't have the same amount of buildup as the other guys, his romance feels a little bit rushed? Loved Watson's character though. The side story about the Mafia was OK, kinda felt like an excuse to put everyone in new outfits over everything else, but eh, it's harmless. I heard the characters from this story are present in Wintertide as well, so cool. The Delly 'route' was hilarious. Was there really that much of an outcry among the Japanese fans that they scraped up enough content to give the little kid a route? Well, it too was harmless, just very silly.

I can say though without a doubt that Finis' route is now my favorite in the series. I very much value 'friendship' routes over tru wuv routes. It honestly felt like it was the best route for the entire cast as the only hanging plot threads were Jimmy and Shlomes (and by relation, Van) but It's easy enough to figure out that they moved on or figured out their problems off screen. I thought I was going to HAAAATE Finis' route, I've always despised the little « Cow Poopoo » and his dumbass mini top hat (WHO THOUGHT THAT WAS A GOOD DESIGN DECISION? IT'S AWFULLLL), but he's been redeemed in this route and in my eyes. Also, Gretel is cool. Would have loved to see more of Idea's Apostles, but I will accept this small meal, Idea Factory.

Started Wintertide Blessings and immediately went for the Finis Epilogue, and thank goodness, his dumb mini top hat is gone. I doubt I'll be able to get this VN done in a timely manner (there is A LOT more content in this one), but ima' just keep chugging along. I am looking forward to getting back into something more action based. All of my releases this month are smaller titles that I don't intend to binge, but I do want to be ready for Endwalker, really only expecting to have the new Pokemon remakes in my backlog (why do they come out in the same week? Pain). At least December is clear (and most of Janurary) so I can play catch up if need be.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

So along with playing Eastward, I'm doing other things when I need a break.

1) I'm attempting my first Insanity run of the Mass Effect Trilogy. I'm missing only 3 achievements from the Legendary Edition and they all involve playing the trilogy on insanity. I was doing okay; no deaths until I got to the final battle on Therium (Rescue Liara). There's a krogan battlemaster that one-shots you with a charge attack. I'm also still wearing the default armor. I have heavy armor unlocked, but RNG hasn't gifted me any and heavy armor is too expensive right now. I do have barrier and it helps when my shields are gone at least.

2) I've never done the DLC spirit boards on Smash Bros. Ultimate, so I thought a good way to get back into the game is to beat all of the current spirit boards before Sora comes out. So far, I've beaten Joker's, Hero's, and Banjo and Kazooie's. That just leaves 7 to beat. Sora comes out in 9 days, so that'll be great practice.

3) Of course, I'm still playing Animal Crossing. I can't wait for the direct next week. Still missing 5 DIYs and 6 pieces of art before I can say I'm pretty much done with New Horizons. I'm also working on getting Amelia's, Walt's, Lucky's, and Celia's photos. It'll be great not having to worry about giving villagers gifts after this. Unless of course I make the decision to move in Punchy and/or Portia.

Well, that's it from me. I'm on Chapter 3 of Eastward so far. It's crashed on me once so far, but I think it's a charming and fun indie game. I pretty much got what I expected from the game and I'll probably give it an 8/10 with where I'm at now. With only 2 more months to go and I'm only planning on getting 4 more games, Life is Strange True Colors is my game of the year at the moment. I'm eagerly waiting for Voice of Cards, Mario Party Superstars, Shin Megami Tensei 5, and Danganronpa Decadence. I'm also waiting on Switch reviews of Disco Elysium to see how it runs and what bugs, if any, are present.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'm only missing 5 pieces of art, but I feel like I'll never get them, lol. I am missing a bunch of DIYs, especially from Celeste as I NEVER play at night, but I don't care enough to pursue them. I have everything else. All fish, all sea critters, all bugs, all fossils, all house expansions. Not sure if the news in this AC Direct will bring me back. It'd be cool if it did, but I'm leaning to thinking it won't. It can be a nice surprise for this winter if I'm wrong :)

I am so, SO tired. Just ONE. MORE. DAY. Then I can go back to getting the amount of rest my body demands. (Admittedly it does want a little more of it than it deserves.) I got the trench dug today and buried that line out to the greenhouse. No time or energy left to rip out the veggie garden, but that'll only take me 15 minutes or so anyway, so that's okay, as long as I do it before Wednesday evening.

Oh, btw, if anyone is wondering about the kerfuffle in China with the government putting new restriction on game developers, to make men more 'manly' (not having 'feminine' traits like long hair, etc) and only depicting opposite-gender romantic pairings...Pathea just told me that their certification on Sandrock is taking a long time, much longer than they thought (they had to announce a delay yesterday thanks to the certification not coming through yet) but for some reason, they seem confident that they won't see many more new restrictions. Specifically, they said "Ultimately, we're not expecting our creative freedom to be impacted that much by regulations and such."

I'm too tired to play anything, I think. Except maybe to take a minute to check my flowers in Farm Together? Not sure. Pressing buttons seems too difficult, lol. Maybe some ANB if I don't fall asleep the second my head hits the pillow.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Finished the Cantarella, Finis, Sholmes, and Christmas St. Germain route in Wintertide Miracles. I'm sorta working my way from the bottom of the Christmas tree menu up to the top. So far I've liked the Christmas route with St. Germain the most out of anything. I was grinning like a doofus the entire playthrough and all of the CGs were *chef's kiss*. It's really nice that all these Christmas routes take place after the Finis route which is arguably the best route for the entire cast. I don't mind Cardia falling in love with one of her friends after things are settled down. In a sense everyone gets to be happy, no one has to die, and while I do love a good tragedy, cute, fluffy happily-ever-afters also have their appeal.

I'll probably binge the rest of the Christmas routes when I next have a chance. I have 5 days in a row of work (starting today) so not sure how much time I'll have to touch game consoles.
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Lately, I've mostly been building stuff in Staxel. I picked up Skyward Sword since it was $39 at Best Buy, but I don't know if I am going to get into it just yet.(It also came with some bonus decals!) :) I did however, restart my completed BOTW file as I was in the mood for something with exploring and not something turn based. I was happy to find after playing it a bit, it's still got the magic for me.
iLoveSprites75
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

ANB is for sure a great iteration, Kikki. I love it! I have never gotten too far in it. But I want to push many of my HM games for later in my backlog since they are technically open-ended.

I have not made much progress in Black, at all. I've had a busy weekend. If I don't finish it by this weekend I'm just going to yeet myself away forever because honestly « What The Eggplant » @ myself. For my next game, I'm gonna take a breather on Pokémon. I honestly don't know if I'll play my copy of BD when it comes out since I've played the hell out of the original, and it's pretty soon. I'll absolutely drive right into Legends upon release!!!!

Any suggestions would be welcome. I should probably finish my PS4 backlog but since it's in the living room and my dad monopolizes the living room, it's not too much an option until late at night which, of course, is not ideal when I get up at 6:45am. My son has kinda been monopolizing my Switch when I want to play it, and Santa is bringing him his own Switch Lite for Christmas. Anyhow, I'm wondering if I should take on some shorter games next. One World is gonna take me forever, so I just put that one aside awhile ago, too. My brother also has nearly all of my Mario games on 3DS and some on Switch, so Mario isn't quite an option yet either :sleep: