Backlog 2021

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

cinnamon_yuki wrote:@Ronin and @Panda

In regards to CP2077 ending, is it a decision before endgame or decisions made throughout the story. Seriously though, out of all the quest in-game, Cyberpsycho gives me the creeps. My introduction to it has me shrieking a lot.
So it's a final choice that determines what ending you get, but certain choices in the main story and completing some side quests will give you more options. Star and Sun aren't available if you don't finish certain side quests and Devil is different depending on a main story mission. Wit that said though, you always have access to Devil and Temperance, but you wi t get the achievement for Devil if you choose wrong during a main quest.
Pachi
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:I'm confused, though. They keep saying that Byleth is Jeralt's child. Wth? I don't buy it. They don't act like family at all, and they don't look like they share even one atom of DNA, either. Maybe I missed where they say Jeralt adopted Byleth or something.
Haha, it's gonna be explained later on. Although I can't exactly remember if you have to play both Golden Deer and Blue Lions to get the full story, or if it was one of Rhea's supports.
Kikki wrote:EDIT: HOW IS THIS THE EASIEST SETTING?!

Battle is horrible. Out of 10 people, I lost 4, in the 3rd battle of the game. The enemies all hit twice and do a lot of damage each time, often totalling around 18 damage, and you can only heal 10 damage per turn. Wth? How is this the easy mode? How would anyone ever survive if there was permadeath? I'd have already lost six characters!
I'm not sure what your play style is, but I've always been in the defensive. So what I do is place my characters who have highest pdef (for vanilla Blue Lions, it's Dimitri and Dedue or Sylvain iirc) right just at the edge of the enemy's attack range and have them tank the attack. Then the more frail characters, who are out of the enemy's attack range, finish the enemy off in the next turn. I've been doing this with Hard difficulty and I rarely have casualties.
cinnamon_yuki
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Ronin19 wrote:

In regards to CP2077 ending, is it a decision before endgame or decisions made throughout the story. Seriously though, out of all the quest in-game, Cyberpsycho gives me the creeps. My introduction to it has me shrieking a lot.
So it's a final choice that determines what ending you get, but certain choices in the main story and completing some side quests will give you more options. Star and Sun aren't available if you don't finish certain side quests and Devil is different depending on a main story mission. Wit that said though, you always have access to Devil and Temperance, but you wi t get the achievement for Devil if you choose wrong during a main quest.
Thanks for the info. I suppose I can't search it without spoiling myself. I intend to finish all the sidequest so I hope I could get the "good" ending I want.
Pachi wrote:
Kikki wrote:I'm confused, though. They keep saying that Byleth is Jeralt's child. Wth? I don't buy it. They don't act like family at all, and they don't look like they share even one atom of DNA, either. Maybe I missed where they say Jeralt adopted Byleth or something.
Haha, it's gonna be explained later on. Although I can't exactly remember if you have to play both Golden Deer and Blue Lions to get the full story, or if it was one of Rhea's supports.
You don't have to play the Golden Deer to know since I remember knowing about it even though I played only the Blue Lion route? Or it was because of the DLC. I remember it's the DLC one.

Good news: Chapter 5 of Errant Kingdom have been released and I can't wait to play it after work today. I'm deciding whether to play it before or after I do a Cyberpsycho side quest in CP2077. My Corpo V is stealth/netrunner and I'm bad at confrontation (ironic isn't it?). :lol:
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

(Excuse my yelling. Happy New Year, all!)

MIHOYO! Bug fixes, please! I think the problem is all related to the current event (Genshin) but I'm very grateful to be done because it's obnoxious. Which, now that I'm thinking of it, maybe it's not all event related. I had to log out/in to get into an artifact dungeon (the bug locks me into multiplayer...it's either match make or leave), and when I came out of the dungeon and was looking through my loot I got kicked out of the menu to some pop up that "So and so is joining your world..."

Me: EXCUSE ME? /quick log out

Like a freaking Dark Souls invasion. « Cow Poopoo ». I very much wish I had gone with the European server...since I don't think a lot of people would be on when I like to play....
Pachi
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

cinnamon_yuki wrote:
Pachi wrote:
You don't have to play the Golden Deer to know since I remember knowing about it even though I played only the Blue Lion route? Or it was because of the DLC. I remember it's the DLC one.
I don't have the DLC but I'm pretty sure I know about it from playing GD and BL..

(Byleth fam spoilers - Kikki don't click!)
Spoiler:
Byleth is Jeralt's biological kid and wasn't it that Byleth's mom was one of Rhea's "daughters"/experimental vessels to revive Sothis and that's where Byleth got the dark green hair (similar to Seteth, who is a child of Seiros or Sothis -- I am not sure xD)? But the mom wasn't exactly a good vessel and died giving birth then to save the baby, Rhea did a thing to Byleth (I'm not sure if you know exactly since I think it's a GD spoiler but it has something to do with the origin of crests and heroes relics), which is why they could wield the sword even without the stone. Unless there was more to that in the DLC :o
Last edited by Pachi on Jan 01, 2021 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

cinnamon_yuki wrote:
Ronin19 wrote:

Thanks for the info. I suppose I can't search it without spoiling myself. I intend to finish all the sidequest so I hope I could get the "good" ending I want.
Yep. When I looked it up I was hit with some spoilers, which is why I stuck with the achievement names for the endings. If you finish all the side quests, you should have access to all the endings.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Byleth is the most upstanding teacher in the history of the world.
Spoiler:
At every opportunity he/she walks around the whole school, taking to EVERY student and guard and fellow teacher/etc to learn what's new with them. They also pick up every single item they see lying around and put it where it's supposed to be. People get back their lost items, bait gets used to catch fish to do cooking projects with the students, seeds get raised and fruit and flowers are given as gifts or made into giftables or more projects.

He/she also diligently uses every moment to either improve themselves, or help improve their students, in lessons and in battle. They also answer every request anyone ever makes of them, and use every last minute helping and giving advice to students and faculty members who want it. They use all their own hard-earned money to buy weapons and gear for their students to go into battle with (BUY YOUR OWN YOU LEECHES!) and their equally hard-earned reputation to influence the cathedral's precious cultural icons (the statues) to be slowly raised to their full glory.

This guy/girl is insanely virtuous, as a teacher.
But speaking of RENOWN and the STATUES...I know it's important to raise them. But I've also read that it's ideal to save 4000 renown, because with it, you'll be able to return yourself to top teacher-level immediately in an NG+ (I'd probably do one some day, just not right on top of having played a different route. Long enough after that I've forgotten half of the game.)

So should I save 4000 renown, or blow every bit I get all on the statues?

~

I a bit feel like playing Fenyx again. FE:TH is easier to play, though.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Mikodesu wrote:(Excuse my yelling. Happy New Year, all!)

MIHOYO! Bug fixes, please! I think the problem is all related to the current event (Genshin) but I'm very grateful to be done because it's obnoxious. Which, now that I'm thinking of it, maybe it's not all event related. I had to log out/in to get into an artifact dungeon (the bug locks me into multiplayer...it's either match make or leave), and when I came out of the dungeon and was looking through my loot I got kicked out of the menu to some pop up that "So and so is joining your world..."

Me: EXCUSE ME? /quick log out

Like a freaking Dark Souls invasion. « Cow Poopoo ». I very much wish I had gone with the European server...since I don't think a lot of people would be on when I like to play....
Good lord, YES PLEASE??? I was trying to finish up the event yesterday and get the last gem to fully ascend the event sword, and the last boss is not only cheap, but glitched to hell and back. Trying to do it solo with my fully powered up team either takes a million years, or we wipe due to the 2-hit KO « Male Cow Poopoo ». Trying to do it online is an absolute shitshow because the game either glitches the boss to be unwinnable, or people die and then die again trying to load back into the fight. Who the hell playtested this??? BTW, it seems the only way to win is to use Amber, and no, I don't think I will. Don't entice me to pay actual money for special characters and then force me to use the bottom tier for no freaking reason. This event was fine up until this point. Bluie angy.

------

Lol Byleth. I feel like being assigned to be a teacher is the best moment of their life. It's like they've been a mercenary all their life, and now they're suddenly allowed to have hobbies and they can't just pick one. Gardening? Nice. Fishing? Poggers. Cooking? Woah man. Playing detective with lost items? They were born for this. They've been fun stunted and now you can't stop me daaaaad! Not to mention that they're really good at teaching people how to fight, so their job is pretty freaking easy for them (in theory).

And Kiki, if you have the difficulty on where your units come back after the battle, you're golden. Ain't nothing wrong with getting use to a game outside your usual comfort zone. Heck, I don't even play permadeath in FE unless I feel like it. With Renown, I'd suggest leveling up the statues especially since it gives you more divine pulses and general bonuses to leveling up skills. You really don't need a giant pile of it until NG+, and even then it's all optional goodies.

------

Goodness, Sakuna of Rice and Ruin is engaging. I've almost put 20 hours into it now and it's a really fun gameplay loop. The more Sakuna farms, the better she becomes at it and the stronger she gets in combat. What was once 'I need the plant rice because the game told me to' has become 'WELCOME TO THE RICE FIELDS MOTHER******, IT'S MY PRIDE AND JOY'. Seriously though, having the farming be a natural progression rather than just an optional activity is done so masterfully and is a genuine fun thing to do every in-game year. I honestly stop farming in SoS most times because it's more of a chore than anything, and I can usually make money better elsewhere. In Sakuna, it's literally stonks every year, especially if you're improving on your method from the previous year. Sakuna has gone from cranky and almost starving all the time to LIVING for her rice. A really good feeling tbh. I really hope I can unlock ducks today and make it even better, but they need a specific drop I seem to be garbage at picking up lol.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Bluie wrote:Lol Byleth. I feel like being assigned to be a teacher is the best moment of their life. It's like they've been a mercenary all their life, and now they're suddenly allowed to have hobbies and they can't just pick one. Gardening? Nice. Fishing? Poggers. Cooking? Woah man. Playing detective with lost items? They were born for this. They've been fun stunted and now you can't stop me daaaaad! Not to mention that they're really good at teaching people how to fight, so their job is pretty freaking easy for them (in theory).

And Kiki, if you have the difficulty on where your units come back after the battle, you're golden. Ain't nothing wrong with getting use to a game outside your usual comfort zone. Heck, I don't even play permadeath in FE unless I feel like it. With Renown, I'd suggest leveling up the statues especially since it gives you more divine pulses and general bonuses to leveling up skills. You really don't need a giant pile of it until NG+, and even then it's all optional goodies.
Yeah, I'm on that level of difficulty; the easiest one possible. I needed to level up most of all, though getting better supports and weapons helped. The biggest difference seemed to be when I was able to promote the characters in their 'class', particularly leaping up to Intermediate with Byleth. I have all of them at an Intermediate class now and they perform much better. Plus I put battalions on ALL of them to have more options. It's going okay, though any time I go into a battle that suggests a rank equal to mine, I lose people, so I'm not great at it, for sure, but I hate strategizing. I'm the fast and aggressive type...I just want to steamroll the opposition and be done with the battle.

Okay, everyone seems to think levelling up the statues is the way to go, though I do really like the idea of being able to max my Professor level immediately upon an NG+, even though that's in the future.

I recruited three special characters ('special' in that none of them are actual students.) I really want Ferdinand, though, even though my reason for it is incredibly stupid. (Definitely not strategic, lol, and not cuz I like him as a romance option, either, though he's a pretty nice guy, imo.)

Looks like I can get Dorothea and Caspar relatively easily. They've been friendly from the start and showed interest pretty early on. I'll just aim for those three and maybe any professor that wants to hang around. I don't seem to be able to ask them right now, though...I'm in...I think Chapter 6. I feel like I should complete my goal immediately to put that surly fella out of his misery, but I want to pack all the good into this month that I can, not end it right away!

~

With this game being way less effort to play, I'm finding it easier to stick with this one than Fenyx. Fenyx wears me out. Though with Aphrodite and Athena both saved and Ares about a third of the way to being saved, the main story does progress quickly. I just still can't believe that the 'completionist' level calls for 56 hours. There's no way *I* could get 100% completion on that game that fast, at least. The little bits that surround the main story are my favourite part of the game, though.
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Bluie wrote:Good lord, YES PLEASE??? I was trying to finish up the event yesterday and get the last gem to fully ascend the event sword, and the last boss is not only cheap, but glitched to hell and back. Trying to do it solo with my fully powered up team either takes a million years, or we wipe due to the 2-hit KO « Male Cow Poopoo ». Trying to do it online is an absolute shitshow because the game either glitches the boss to be unwinnable, or people die and then die again trying to load back into the fight. Who the hell playtested this??? BTW, it seems the only way to win is to use Amber, and no, I don't think I will. Don't entice me to pay actual money for special characters and then force me to use the bottom tier for no freaking reason. This event was fine up until this point. Bluie angy.
Amber mains are crazy lol... And there definitely needs to be another fire bow character. I got her killed a LOT at first but Amber is very useful in that fight, unfortunately. It takes WAY too long without stunning the boss.

I'm not sure this bodes well for the hard mode cube bosses, either. :lol: Maybe after all the yelling Mihoyo will tweak them a little... At least basic cubes are pretty easy.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

So I'm playing Lost Odyssey and I remember getting an hour through the game back when I first attempted it and loving it. Still do, and then I got to the first boss fight. My word! Why is it so hard right off the bat? Especially when the random encounters have been easy to deal with? The difficulty goes from 1 to 10 in an instant! I go from being dealt like 50 damage from the random encounters to 150 from the boss!

The solution would be to grind, which doesn't seem like a had idea since the gameplay is fun and I want to see how the story continues, but still, this has got to be the hardest first boss I've ever encountered!

I've also decided that I'm just gonna finish my Xbox games (only 4 left counting Lost Odyssey) and then follow it up with Golden Sun Dark Dawn, my last 3DS/DS game and then I'll only have Switch, PC, Vita, Wii U, and PS4 games. However, I'm not gonna touch my PS4 library until I upgrade to a PS5 since I don't want to update my USB that has my save data.
Night Owl
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote: Looks like I can get Dorothea and Caspar relatively easily. They've been friendly from the start and showed interest pretty early on. I'll just aim for those three and maybe any professor that wants to hang around. I don't seem to be able to ask them right now, though...I'm in...I think Chapter 6. I feel like I should complete my goal immediately to put that surly fella out of his misery, but I want to pack all the good into this month that I can, not end it right away!
Since you're on the Blue Lions path, I highly recommend picking up Caspar as a transfer student. You basically need him for some side stuff later on, although it's not necessary. And since you're already expressing interest in Ferdinand, you may as well pick up Lysithea as well. To make recruitment easier, Byleth's Support level with the student in question lowers the requirements you need. If you get a B Support with the student, they actually have a chance of coming to you during the week and asking if they can join. You can raise supports by dining with them, returning lost items, etc. However, sometimes a students' B support is locked behind Part 2 of the game, so it's not a reliable method for everyone. A C Support is fine though too since it lowers the Requirements and makes it easier.

Also, as another tip, you'll get the ability to do Paralogues, or side stories. If you don't already plan on doing it, complete Dedue's Paralogue "War for the Weak". It's a Blue Lions Paralogue only because Dedue is a route exclusive character and it's actually really vital. Also I suggest doing Ingrid and Dorothea's Paralogue "Rumored Nuptials" once that gets unlocked as well. Funnily enough since you're on Blue Lions, you get the best reward possible from it. If you're on any other path and only have Dorothea and don't plan on recruiting Ingrid, just skip it altogether. Actually, any Lions Paralogue has really good rewards in it. :lol: They're good little side-diversions and often have some of the best rewards, but even if the rewards don't interest you, at least just complete Dedue's Paralogue.

I really haven't made much progress on my Backlog. I'm gonna play Cold Steel IV today though. I want to get through where I left off. I just stopped during an infiltration mission, « Harvest Goddess ». IDK what happened there.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Let’s see if 2021 is the year that I actually finish a game lol

I definitely wanna pick up fire emblem again so...
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Thanks for the advice, Night Owl :)
Spoiler:
I did the War for the Weak paralogue as soon as it popped up. The Rumoured Nuptials one appeared on my options just this month. I did Sylvain's one instead but was planning on doing the R.N. one on my next battle day, so no problem :)

I think I'm fairly close to being able to recruit Caspar. I probably have to raise my 'brawling' a bit more. (Too bad, since I never USE that skill, feel like a waste of time except for recruiting him.) Dorothea should be available soon, too, since she's 'interested' and her support level is flagged to go up, and I think I may have picked up Ignatz without entirely realizing it. I have C level support with both of them, and I've already nabbed Ferdinand.

I won't be going for anyone else, though...it's not like I can use that many at once anyway.

No idea who Byleth will marry in the end, tbh. I quite like both Sylvain and Ferdinand (Sylvain for his events and Ferdinand for his personality.) and of course, Dimitri, because the only way he could be married is on this route. So, one of those three, most likely. Though I like Felix, too, lol. Heck, I like Dedue even though his name is horrible. So yeah, not sure how that's gonna go!

You know, in some cases, I find it hard to beleive some of these students could be recruited away from their houses. Like Ingrid...why would she leave the house of her homeland and all her childhood friends? I guess Byleth is just that charismatic, lol.

Too bad I don't plan to do Black Eagles. Hubert is so weird he gives me little shivers, which is interesting.

Cold Steel IV feels like it completed the Cold Steel arc to me...not sure what they're going to do in Hajimari, though I guess it'll be more like 3rd than other main entries. I hope you'll enjoy finishing the game up. :)
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

(More yelling.)

SKREE. It happened again. I did not touch the event, I left main quest on for assurance and I got BOOTED out of the bounty I was doing because somebody is just...COMING ON IN! AHHHH. Fff. I may need to take a break from Genshin. (At least until the event is over...)

Wish I had a game that was a couple hours long, or...baby puzzles. :? I could go back and finish my Link Between Worlds playthrough? That's a cute/easy game.