FeMC Mod announced for Persona 3 Reload...

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
venus14!
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Persona 3 Reload came out just a few days ago and there are already people working on making a Female MC Mod since Atlus dropped the Ball :

Goes to show how much the FeMC is loved by Persona Fans and how much Atlus has been dropping the Ball... :!:

Maybe i will check out the Persona 3 Remake once this Mod is done...

The person working on this Mod also made a FeMC Mod for Persona 5 Royal : https://www.thegamer.com/persona-5-fema ... ce-acting/
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I don't advise buying this game based on that mod, if you care about having a FeMC.

Atuas didn't drop the ball. That suggests it was a mistake or oversight, that they didn't bother with the feMC. But Atlus knew full well that a portion of their players really wanted that option (they know because fans...mostly female ones...have been asking for it incessantly not just with 3 but ever since, since many people are much more motivated to play dating sim elements when they can romance the gender they are interested in IRL). They chose not to bother with her even knowing how important it was to some of their players. They didn't drop the ball. They picked up the ball and deliberately shoved it in the trash, cuz they don't want it. They have a specific player base they are interested in pleasing, and that's all they care about.

If people who really want a feMC buy this game because the mod will allow them to play the way they want, they're just supporting Atlus' stance by giving them their money even though Atlus is ignoring them. Atlus will ONLY be motivated by money. If their bank balance is suffering, they'll start to listen then. If it's not, they won't bother.

So if you care about getting Atlus to listen, the only power you have is to keep your money rather than give it to them.
Last edited by Kikki on Feb 08, 2024 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

sorry quoted myself again instead of editing.

EDIT: Though I want to add that the above post was NOT intended as an urging toward piracy. I don't believe in that at all, no matter how cruddy a company is (and Atlus is pretty high on the crud list in my books, at least). If there's someone won't sell you what you want the way you want it, it is not, imo, an excuse to steal their work.

I never support piracy (aka: theft), except...and there are those who'd disagree with this, as well...when a game has been abandoned, generally to time, and is no longer possible to buy by legitimate means.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Lol, I'm part of that subreddit.

I've just decided to vote with my wallet and replay P3P instead. It's really cool that the mod is happening, I love the FeMC, but I'd rather just wash my hands of Persona 3 Reload in its entirety. There's rumors that The Answer, the part of the game that actually fills you in on what happened during the ending, is coming as DLC. Yuck. I get that ATLUS is a business, but I'm not doing this song and dance any more. Either release the finished product - especially when it's REQUIRED STORY CONTENT, or you don't get a thin dime from me. I'm all for DLC that adds extras, but completely against it when it's « Cow Poopoo » like this. Besides, within a few years they'll pull a Persona 4 Golden / Persona 5 Royal because this series prints money. I'll just sit on my hands until then tbh.
cinnamon_yuki
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I would probably wait for a very good sale before getting the Reload (Probably by then, the mod for the FeMC route will be available and complete.) I just wished that Altus remaked the FeMC as well. Persona 3 Poratable is my favorite one. xD

Oh well... I'm going to get P3P this coming payday just to show my support for P3P!
venus14!
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote: Feb 08, 2024 9:58 am I don't advise buying this game based on that mod, if you care about having a FeMC.

Atuas didn't drop the ball. That suggests it was a mistake or oversight, that they didn't bother with the feMC. But Atlus knew full well that a portion of their players really wanted that option (they know because fans...mostly female ones...have been asking for it incessantly not just with 3 but ever since, since many people are much more motivated to play dating sim elements when they can romance the gender they are interested in IRL). They chose not to bother with her even knowing how important it was to some of their players. They didn't drop the ball. They picked up the ball and deliberately shoved it in the trash, cuz they don't want it. They have a specific player base they are interested in pleasing, and that's all they care about.

If people who really want a feMC buy this game because the mod will allow them to play the way they want, they're just supporting Atlus' stance by giving them their money even though Atlus is ignoring them. Atlus will ONLY be motivated by money. If their bank balance is suffering, they'll start to listen then. If it's not, they won't bother.

So if you care about getting Atlus to listen, the only power you have is to keep your money rather than give it to them.
I'm not sure if a boycott of Atlus would work since P3R sold really well in just 1 Week already apparently :washu: :mrgreen: : https://www.siliconera.com/persona-3-re ... in-a-week/

There is a Poll on Reddit about the boycott though if you wanna know just how many people are boycotting Atlus for leaving the FeMC out of the P3 Remake :mrgreen: :washu: :

Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

No, personally, I'm not interested in how P3P does or who/how many decide not to support Atlus'. I won't be buying, and that's the end of it for me. And I wasn't advocating a boycott since I don't think it'd do any good for me to do so. Just stating that if we want Atlus to listen to us, we have to stop giving them our money even when they don't. People have little self-control even when they want things to change, so I was never expecting that situation to materialize. I can only control my own wallet and am not about to throw myself before the masses to try to get them to change what they do with theirs. (Unless they happen to ask/bring it up right in front of me.)

Lack of a feMC is only the tip of the iceburg of Atlus' consumerism, in my books. I'll never again buy ANY Persona game that isn't complete. So no buying within the first year of release at least, the way they operate. There's too much of this forcing you to buy an entire 'new' game every time they release a slightly different version.

Atlus may well add the feMC later, either as DLC, or may be even further down the road, and charge a full game price for the version that includes her. It'd be typical of them. If that does happen, I won't be buying it then, either. But I'm not trying to change the world. I've always seen that as a hopeless cause. There are more who don't care about the feMC at all than that do, and even among those who DO care...they're gonna buy it anyway. This I have been expecting. I doubt many feel as strongly about it as I do, so all I can do is not buy it myself and otherwise keep out of the situation.
Terdin
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote: Feb 13, 2024 1:46 pm I doubt many feel as strongly about it as I do, so all I can do is not buy it myself and otherwise keep out of the situation.
This is what I call a one-person boycott. I'm having one of my own against a particular brand of chocolate, because of a choice they made some 30 years ago that rendered me unable to trust their stuff is safe as I'm allergic to most nuts.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Terdin wrote: Feb 18, 2024 5:17 am
Kikki wrote: Feb 13, 2024 1:46 pm I doubt many feel as strongly about it as I do, so all I can do is not buy it myself and otherwise keep out of the situation.
This is what I call a one-person boycott. I'm having one of my own against a particular brand of chocolate, because of a choice they made some 30 years ago that rendered me unable to trust their stuff is safe as I'm allergic to most nuts.
Sorry about your chocolate, Terdin. :(

I don't know if I'd consider myself to be boycotting Atlus. I do think they're an overall somewhat scuzzy group when it comes to their business practises, but though I will never again buy a new release of theirs on or anywhere near release day, and I won't buy a game they cut the feMC out of even if they add her back in for extra money later on, I am not 100% opposed to ever buying anything from them again.

For example, I might someday buy P4G on Switch. It's a reasonable price and it's the version that is all-inclusive of any content it had in any previous version. I support things that increase a game's longevity...I'm in favour of reasonably-priced ports in general, and P4G on Switch actually fits that description, imo.

But if P6 ever comes out, I won't be getting it until a year or so post-release when they release their inevitable 'golden' or 'royal' or whatever version, that has a bunch of new content, which they didn't have the decency to offer as DLC. (You'll hear the same cockamamie excuse that Royal is a 'standalone game' totally different from P5, but that is utter codswallop. It's just an expansion of P5.) That's their M.O. I didn't know any better with P5. I had only ever played P4G before, on Vita, and it was even on sale as it was long past release when it first came to my attention. So I got the most complete version from the start in that case. Then when P5 came out, I just bought it, not realizing that Atlus made a habit of adding extra content later and charging an entire new game's price for it, which also forces you to play the entire game over again instead of being able to have the fun of an NG+ playthrough that takes all the work you put into your first playthrough into account. So Atlus respects neither my wallet nor my time. I'm not letting them take advantage of me again; I know what to look out for, now.

But I WILL get P6 eventually, when/if it comes out. I'll just be waiting for the most complete version to come out. So I wouldn't say I'm boycotting Atlus. I just don't trust them and know enough about them now to avoid being taken advantage of by their tactics. Not that I did with P5 either...I never did buy another version of the game after buying the original. But I really enjoyed P5 and wanted that extra content, so it was frustrating and I'm never going to expose myself to that nonsense again. I can wait.
mario_0345
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Honestly given Atlus' usual antics, especially with Shin Megami Tensei 5 Vengence being announced, I wouldn't be surprised if they released a new version that has the FeMC, or given how they usually act there will be a new version that has the FeMC as a seperate character to fit in Atlus' rerelease the game with a new story that centers around a new mysterious girl trick. They've done it with Persona 4 (Golden), Persona 5 (Royal), Strange Journey (Redux), and Radiant Historia (Perfect Chronology). They've done it so often that some people are kinda wary about picking up Re: Metaphor Fantazio because they are expecting a updated version with a new story focusing on a mysterious girl to come out.