Pokemon Black and White(Contains Spoilers)

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Rose Petals
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Is it just me, or is leveling up really boring?

I'm trying to train my pokemon, just using the two stadiums, and the rotation battle house, and I'm like really bored! I wish the level jump wasn't so big, after completing the story mode, then I wouldn't have to over level, before going to Victory Road. >.<
Isaac
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Little question, in pokemon White, in the White forest, i didn't urnderstand, i must make the entralink thing with my friend? i really wan a Shinx but NONE of my friends play Pokemon Black nor white, so, can i get wild pokemons in the white, without the entralink?
WorMzy
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

From what little I understand about Black City and White Forest, if your city/forest doesn't have a particular trainer, you have to go through the extralink to someone else's city/forest, and get them to come to yours. You can recruit people from the same colour as your game; if you have White, you can recruit from someone else's White Forest.

If nobody you know plays B/W, you'll either have to transfer a Shinx from one Diamond/Pearl/Platinum/HeartGold/SoulSilver (it's a one-way process). Or you'll need to trade with someone over WiFi.
Sneaselfish
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

Correction: You cannot have trainers move between 2 like vwersion games. The people in one person's white forest say they want to see a black city, and vice versa, and will only move to another version then the one they're in. If you really want a shinx so badly, you can try transfering one over from a 4th gen game after you beat the E4 and have 2 DSs like Wormzy said. If you have wifi, you could try looking for one on the gts, ask someone if they want to trade, or even connect to DW and get a Guts shinx free if you're lucky.

Also, your white forest or black city automatically epmties out if you fail to complete the game within 10 days of starting the file. You'd have to got through entralink and visits someone else's version to get people back in your game, and your friend has a chance of getting the people that were in your game even though you can't see them any more.
Aurora
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Sneaselfish wrote:Correction: You cannot have trainers move between 2 like vwersion games. The people in one person's white forest say they want to see a black city, and vice versa, and will only move to another version then the one they're in. If you really want a shinx so badly, you can try transfering one over from a 4th gen game after you beat the E4 and have 2 DSs like Wormzy said. If you have wifi, you could try looking for one on the gts, ask someone if they want to trade, or even connect to DW and get a Guts shinx free if you're lucky.

Also, your white forest or black city automatically epmties out if you fail to complete the game within 10 days of starting the file. You'd have to got through entralink and visits someone else's version to get people back in your game, and your friend has a chance of getting the people that were in your game even though you can't see them any more.
Sooooo...
What happens when you connect an empty Forest/City to an equally empty City/Forest?
Because I'm « Snuggly Bunny » if the answer is "nothing".
WorMzy
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Aurora wrote:
Sneaselfish wrote:Correction: You cannot have trainers move between 2 like vwersion games. The people in one person's white forest say they want to see a black city, and vice versa, and will only move to another version then the one they're in. If you really want a shinx so badly, you can try transfering one over from a 4th gen game after you beat the E4 and have 2 DSs like Wormzy said. If you have wifi, you could try looking for one on the gts, ask someone if they want to trade, or even connect to DW and get a Guts shinx free if you're lucky.

Sooooo...
What happens when you connect an empty Forest/City to an equally empty City/Forest?
Because I'm « Snuggly Bunny » if the answer is "nothing".

Ditto.
Sneaselfish
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

Its only empty in the sense that you can no longer see or interact with the people there. If you go to someone's 'empty' BC/WF in Entralink, you will still see the people and grass(you can't catch anything) there, and talking to them will make them come to your game.

As long as you battle/talk to the people there often when they show up, they won't disappear again until you transfer a new set of people to your game from entralink.
Aurora
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Sneaselfish wrote:Its only empty in the sense that you can no longer see or interact with the people there. If you go to someone's 'empty' BC/WF in Entralink, you will still see the people and grass(you can't catch anything) there, and talking to them will make them come to your game.

As long as you battle/talk to the people there often when they show up, they won't disappear again until you transfer a new set of people to your game from entralink.
Oh, hallelujah.
Icewings
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

That one international tower thing you get after trading with someone from a different country is pretty awesome. :3
Sneaselfish
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

Heh, I've already got 2 people there, but they're both from canada.XD
Its too bad they dont coun't people you've gotten pokemon from over the gts. The regular one, not the negotiations I mean.
Rose Petals
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I don't bother with White Forest, on PKMN White, mostly because I can't be bothered with that game. I know for a fact, that Black City will be empty, when I get there, because I think I've had this file for nearly a month - I think, and can't be bothered with going to Victory Road yet.

It sucks that it clears out, if you don't complete it in 10 days. What they should have done, is have it "frozen" until you get White Forest/Black City, then the 10 days start counting from the moment you enter the place.
Kirby =D
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I still have yet to even beat Pokemon White. o-o I just got my seventh badge. All of my pokemon were at least 4 levels over the gym leader's pokemon. xD

Is it just me, or does Cryogonal freak anyone else out? *shudder*
Sneaselfish
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

Red Girl87 wrote:It sucks that it clears out, if you don't complete it in 10 days. What they should have done, is have it "frozen" until you get White Forest/Black City, then the 10 days start counting from the moment you enter the place.
That's exactly what I was thinking they should do. Well, maybe they'll 'fix' it when grey comes out.

Naw, Crygonal doesn't freak me out too much. I couldn't even tell what he was supposed to look like until I saw his shiny form, which is way scarier then his regular one.
Aurora
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Kirby =D wrote:Is it just me, or does Cryogonal freak anyone else out? *shudder*
I called mine "RAGEFLAKE".
For obvious reasons.
Ranger
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Kirby =D wrote:I still have yet to even beat Pokemon White. o-o I just got my seventh badge. All of my pokemon were at least 4 levels over the gym leader's pokemon. xD

Is it just me, or does Cryogonal freak anyone else out? *shudder*
It does for me. It reminds me of one of the bosses from RF3.