Story of Seasons (mobile game) trailer

SNES, HM64, BTN, STH, A Wonderful Life, Another Wonderful Life, AWL:SE, Magical Melody, Puzzle de HM, Tree of Tranquility, Animal Parade, Frantic Farming, Hero of Leaf Valley, My Little Shop, Seeds of Memories, Lil' Farmers, Light of Hope, Popolocrois: SoS, and Doraemon: SoS.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:Yeah, since it's mobile, it's pretty nearly guaranteed that there will be micro-transactions or some way for them to continually bleed you drop by drop, but in some games they make that less necessary, so you paying is truly optional. I'd really like to see gameplay, though. Does it work by units of energy? One unit will water one crop? If you run out, you have to wait for it to refill with time, or buy more? Do social interactions with other characters cost money? Is there some multiplayer aspect? I'd really like to know how it works. There are a few mobile games out there that are pretty fair about the way they try to make money off of you, and others that are downright sleazy. As yet I can't at all tell where this fits in the range. Also, some game loops are addictive and others are tedious,a nd I don't know where this fits, either. So much to find out, still! The trailer really just showed us what it looks like, not much of how it works, as far as I can understand with not knowing the language used in the trailer.
I imagine it’ll be one of those FarmVille type mobile games where you click and then have to wait a few hours to do anything, or else pay up. I hate that sort of gameplay. I stopped playing so many games like Simpsons Tapped Out because it wasn’t fun having to wait 4+ hours to click some buttons.

I’d rather pay for a $2-$5 game without microtransactions,
Cherubae
UNoT Dictator
UNoT Dictator

Post  Posted:

Anonymous Fish wrote:Is the dialogue in Japanese? I know the town isn’t using a Japanese word. Apparently it’s made by a Chinese studio. How is SOS doing over there?
The collaboration with Tencent is part of Marvelous' strategy to move into the lucrative China market, so the game is written standard Chinese from the looks of it. Tencent now has 20% share stake in Marv and has a seat on the company's board of directors.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Cherubae wrote:
Anonymous Fish wrote:Is the dialogue in Japanese? I know the town isn’t using a Japanese word. Apparently it’s made by a Chinese studio. How is SOS doing over there?
The collaboration with Tencent is part of Marvelous' strategy to move into the lucrative China market, so the game is written standard Chinese from the looks of it. Tencent now has 20% share stake in Marv and has a seat on the company's board of directors.
I wonder if the game will appeal to China. I remember hearing BTN was big in Indonesia, but it’s hard to hear about the rest of Asia.