How do you take a day off (or two)?

SNES, HM64, BTN, STH, A Wonderful Life, Another Wonderful Life, AWL:SE, Magical Melody, Puzzle de HM, Tree of Tranquility, Animal Parade, Frantic Farming, Hero of Leaf Valley, My Little Shop, Seeds of Memories, Lil' Farmers, Light of Hope, Popolocrois: SoS, and Doraemon: SoS.
Velvet
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

I'm playing ToT right now, but the question is for all HM games, too.

So I have a coop and a barn full of animals, and they'll die unless fed. But I want at least a single day off. Even more I want to go mining!! I miss mining, and mining only makes sense and is enjoyable if you spend a long time in the mine, with a Bodigizer and a Stay Awake. The problem: animals :(

Pls help me, tell me how you play if you want a day to just chill or a couple of days just for mining.

I'm so tempted to sell all my animals off and live just off of mining, haha... It's a lot more exciting in ToT than ranching, to my dismay. Maybe because it takes more than half a day to care for all my animals in ToT, and there's little time left to do anything else, so ranching is a bit annoying. I want to have a social life, too! My character needs to marry, too! :) I don't even brush animals or talk to them (except for the silkworms and the horse) and still it takes a bigger part of the day... If I did, it'd take a full day I'm afraid. :(
CatBlueCamp
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

When you say ToT, do you mean Trio of Towns or Tree of Tranquility? xD

Edit: I'm assuming Tree of Tranquility since you mentioned silkworms?
RodCopper Fishin
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

If you feel like the animals are too much, I would sell some. Some games definitely allow you to keep so many animals that the game becomes unbalanced, so you can correct that by limiting the number of animals you keep
Velvet
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

CatBlueCamp wrote:When you say ToT, do you mean Trio of Towns or Tree of Tranquility? xD

Edit: I'm assuming Tree of Tranquility since you mentioned silkworms?
It's Tree of Tranquility, indeed. I've missed out on that game in the past and am now catching up. And it's pretty awesome, except for how fast the time moves.
RodCopper Fishin wrote:If you feel like the animals are too much, I would sell some. Some games definitely allow you to keep so many animals that the game becomes unbalanced, so you can correct that by limiting the number of animals you keep
But I love animals! :heart: :lala: But yeah you're right, I remember having to sell animals in HM games before... That was always so sad.

Anyway, I feel like my issue wouldn't be solved if I just sold some. In ToT time is so damn fast that I need around 2 days for mining. Selling off some animals won't help me get back home in time. Animals fall asleep before I get back home, so I can't feed them.

I think the most aggravating task in ToT specifically is feeding the coop's denizens. You literally cannot place all their feed down, leave and come back to see them having happily eaten it. For some reason you can only ever place 4 feeds, even though you've got a lot more chicks and ducks. Which means that every morning you absolutely have to feed the birds manually. At least I could never manage to put more than 4 feeds down, and even that is soooo tricky that I usually just manually feed all the birds to save on time. Oh, and taking the feed from the dispenser takes forever, coz you can only take it one by one, one by one... And I've got so many birds and silkworms to feed, I have to spend soooo much time just to obtain the feed for all of them! :!: There's never time left to interact with them afterwards... Maybe I should sell the birds, leaving a chick and a duck to myself just in case. //cries//
Velvet
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Wait a sec... If I marry will the husband help? I've heard that they do in AP, but detailed information about ToT is so hard to find that I can't find out. I'd happily do everything else if he just fed the animals. I could even go for days on end to the mines if he did! :lala:

Problem: too much work, no spare time. Solution: marry. I wish it was like that IRL :)

P.S. Although at one point I had a marriage candidate IRL who loved to cook, he actually wanted to do all the cooking while I'd do all the cleaning. Awesome! But we didn't work out.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Your spouse doesn't help out in ToT. It's a feature in AP only.