Need help with breeding for animal personality

Poot Poot Poot! A mainline Bokumono game set in a resort town that wants to be more resort-y. Available for Nintendo Switch, Steam/PC, and Ps4/5. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Feb 2021. NA = Mar 2021. EU = Mar 2021.
Higanzakura
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

I'm trying to aim for the "popular" personality, so I saved the night before the animal was born, checked their personality and reloaded if it's not popular. However, I noticed that even after 5-6 reload, the animal only had "affectionate" personality, it never changed to any other type, less alone "popular".
Is it not possible to save-scum for animal personality?
Is there anyone who managed to successfully breed for specific personality? I'd love to hear how you did it! Any tips and tricks are appreciated!
Cherubae
UNoT Dictator
UNoT Dictator

Post  Posted:

I haven't tried breeding to get different personalities, but if nothing is resetting at the time of birth, it may be that the personality is set at the moment of pregnancy. I've hatched eggs that have chicks that have different personalities and some that have the same personality.

You can also get multiple harvests from Serious animals, as they have a higher chance of having the 3-line harvest icon above their heads, though they aren't a guarantee like a Popular animal is.
Higanzakura
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Thanks for the reply, the pregnancy period can get up to 10 days so I dont know if I would want to bother with personality if it's true. Guess I'll just keep playing and think about how much time I want to spend on the game.