Summon horse?

Where're the crops?! Searching the world for seed wisps on Nintendo Switch, Steam Ps4, and Xbox. [ Game Guide ] JP release = None. NA release = Mar 2021. EU release = Mar 2021.
Feather Qwill
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

Is there any way to call or summon your horse (or other mount) to your location? It feels like the utility of the horse is really limited if you can only use it leaving your farm, especially with such a big map and if you choose to live in an isolated location.

I guess this could be the devs way of encouraging you to live locally for the most part... but with the constant need to forage seeds from all over the world it's really annoying! OT, but I really wish there was some sort of seed multiplier that increased the number you pick up per wisp, whether based on story completion or number of that kind of crop grown/sold or whatever.
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

It's been a minute but I'm PRETTY positive that horses warp back to the barn in the morning. I would say to try saving beforehand and try it just to be sure. I very clearly remember taking my horse places when I needed to get somewhere far, fast and just leaving them to find their way home.

Summoning them would be better, but at least it's some middle ground.
Feather Qwill
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

I have found a shortcut to get the horse home - ring the bell to move the livestock in and out of the barn twice. But still, I want my horse whistle back! I was really hoping someone would say "What a dumb question! Just do xyz and Doc Jr will make you a whistle!" What a cruel, although realistic, change in game mechanics. :(
PaleSunflower
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

Mikodesu wrote:It's been a minute but I'm PRETTY positive that horses warp back to the barn in the morning. I would say to try saving beforehand and try it just to be sure. I very clearly remember taking my horse places when I needed to get somewhere far, fast and just leaving them to find their way home.

Summoning them would be better, but at least it's some middle ground.
They do. There doesn't appear to be any penalty to leaving the mounts, whether they be horses, reindeer, camels, or unicorns, out, regardless of the the weather. The same appears to apply to the other animals as well (referring to both the lack of penalties to leaving them out and them getting back into the barn by next morning). I haven't noticed any benefits to putting animals outside, either. You can also ride only 1 mount outside at a time. For example, if you ride one mount somewhere, then wrap back to the barn and then ride outside on top of a second one, then the first mount will warp back into the barn.
Feather Qwill wrote:I have found a shortcut to get the horse home - ring the bell to move the livestock in and out of the barn twice. But still, I want my horse whistle back! I was really hoping someone would say "What a dumb question! Just do xyz and Doc Jr will make you a whistle!" What a cruel, although realistic, change in game mechanics. :(
A horse-summoning whistle would be convenient. I'm kind of surprized that a whistle wasn't included in the DLC somewhere. As it stands, the only way to ride a mount in the DLC on Wagashi is to have your barn there, and, if you do that, then the mount is stuck on the island until you move again.