Anyone else find Raeger boring?

Nintendo 3DS. The first Bokujou Monogatari game localized by XSeed Games. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Feb 2014. NA release = Mar 2015. EU release = Dec 2015.
Kumquat
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

Before this game came out I was practically peeing myself because of how good looking Raeger was, I was dead set on making him mine. Once I actually started playing the game however, I began to realize that he essentially had no personality other than being "a nice guy." I quickly grew bored of him and married someone else.

My friend felt the same as I did and I assumed most people online would feel this way as well and he would lose popularity, but even now, no matter where I look online, I'm bombarded with Raeger fan art.

Anyone else share my opinion about Raeger, and if you do like him, then what is it that you like?
Horikoshi-sensei
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

According to Cher's statistics, Raeger is the most popular bachelor based on page hit and the overall most popular marriage candidate of SoS.

I'm lukewarm towards him honestly. He looks good, but his personality rubs me the wrong way. Especially that one line where he says...
Spoiler:
I had so many girlfriends in the past, but I never loved any of them as much as I do you."
. Like wow ok. lol.
Terra575
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Horikoshi-sensei wrote:According to Cher's statistics, Raeger is the most popular bachelor based on page hit and the overall most popular marriage candidate of SoS.

I'm lukewarm towards him honestly. He looks good, but his personality rubs me the wrong way. Especially that one line where he says...
Spoiler:
I had so many girlfriends in the past, but I never loved any of them as much as I do you."
. Like wow ok. lol.
HA he had to slip in some bragging into the compliment. sigh
Gorgophone
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

I'm in my first spring so I'm still befriending him and seeing how his character develops, but he's not my first choice of the guys right now.

I admit he grabbed my attention first, though, and I see why he's popular. Handsome, can cook, isn't a huge jerk? All big pluses. But I'm usually uninterested in characters who seem have been written with the one goal of making me feel like a special princess, just sweet words and smooth lines, and I'm getting these vibes from Raeger (and Klaus?) a bit. Not that I think those kinds of characters shouldn't be in the game, just not my thing.

But it's still early days, so I'm keeping an open mind and seeing how things go. He'd steal my heart in a second if he gave me free meals >.> I'm so poor and hungry.
PeachyKeen
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Raeger is definitely the prettiest collection of pixels in this game, but yeah. I thought his events were cute and he was nice, but I didn't go any further than raising his heart to red only to date and marry Fritz lol
Gorgophone
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

PeachyKeen wrote:Raeger is definitely the prettiest collection of pixels in this game, but yeah. I thought his events were cute and he was nice, but I didn't go any further than raising his heart to red only to date and marry Fritz lol
Once I started playing I began leaning towards Fritz and I... I never thought I would go for the shota option. What have I become.

P.S. Your profile pic made me spit out my soup :'D
PeachyKeen
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Gorgophone wrote:
PeachyKeen wrote:Raeger is definitely the prettiest collection of pixels in this game, but yeah. I thought his events were cute and he was nice, but I didn't go any further than raising his heart to red only to date and marry Fritz lol
Once I started playing I began leaning towards Fritz and I... I never thought I would go for the shota option. What have I become.

P.S. Your profile pic made me spit out my soup :'D
fritz is adorable and you won't regret your decision!

lmfao i'm glad! wayne's cowboy hat made me think of that meme so much i just had too
PokeFarmer
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

I think Raeger's cool. He would be my 2nd, Fritz is somehow my 1st (farmers are just my cup of tea, even if he's clumsy). I think he has a nice sense of humour looking around YouTube. :shifty:
Spoiler:
He said something about gagging Fritz with the handkerchief he cried into (when Raeger always had girls confessing to him) if he didn't stop bragging about his girlfriend (you).
I found that amusing.
gossipstone
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

Going into the game I seriously thought I was gonna marry Klaus, Raeger maybe instead, but I wound up marrying Fritz. Twice.
I had different issues with Klaus but yeah, Raeger is just kinda blah. Like I wouldn't say I have a deep dislike of him or anything, but he's just not interesting.
BigBangBaby
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Yeah I was never a big fan of him in terms of personality and I don't particular find him attractive. He's ok, but to each there own, that's what's great about having several candidates to choose from ^^

Lol but then again I seem to end up not liking the characters that end up being the most popular (just don't run with my tastes I guess). Just like with the newest SOS, I still don't get why Wayne is such a popular character, he was super popular with Japanese players and seems to be popular with western players as well xD
PokeFarmer
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

BigBangBaby wrote:Yeah I was never a big fan of him in terms of personality and I don't particular find him attractive. He's ok, but to each there own, that's what's great about having several candidates to choose from ^^

Lol but then again I seem to end up not liking the characters that end up being the most popular (just don't run with my tastes I guess). Just like with the newest SOS, I still don't get why Wayne is such a popular character, he was super popular with Japanese players and seems to be popular with western players as well xD
Everyone likes flirty guys with the wink. I don't love it, but he's still cute imo.
Speaking of the wink, doesn't this look exactly like Wayne?
:wink:
PeachyKeen
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

PokeFarmer wrote: Speaking of the wink, doesn't this look exactly like Wayne?
nah this looks like Wayne
Spoiler:
add a cowboy hat and boom - twins.

although i already pointed out that he's wayne's grandpa lol
Terra575
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

PeachyKeen wrote: nah this looks like Wayne
Spoiler:

WOAH that really is uncanny. especially when I look between the gif and the masterpiece that is your signature set :heart:
PokeFarmer
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

PeachyKeen wrote:
Spoiler:

Whoa, who the heck is that? They look exactly alike.
Gorgophone
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

PokeFarmer wrote:
PeachyKeen wrote:
Spoiler:

Whoa, who the heck is that? They look exactly alike.
Suoh Tamaki :heart:
Spoiler: