Anyone else find Raeger boring?

Nintendo 3DS. The first Bokujou Monogatari game localized by XSeed Games. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Feb 2014. NA release = Mar 2015. EU release = Dec 2015.
Madara
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

I was never interested in Raeger honestly. Visually, I liked Klaus and Mistel the best. I went into the game hoping for someone like Allen ^^" (I like that he calls me Princess along with my actual UN. It's like a free nickname :P)

Although I liked Klaus and his 2nd? flower event blushy creeper thing, I hated that every 4 seconds was "I'm so old" and even the MC begins to worry about this. So I was over that and married Mistel.

I like how he's sassy but also cares about standards and judges me hardcore about my panda suit xD Try talking to him with the white cat ear headband on :p

Since Wayne's been mentioned, I haven't looked into the game much but I like Ford.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I thought Raeger was sweet but a bit dull at first, but his dry sense of humor really got me the more I got to know him. I love it - he's pleasant because, well, he just is, and it doesn't hurt business (along with his looks). But then he'll just make an offhanded remark that catches you off-guard. Like the handkerchief-gagging thing, for example.

Plus, he's a good friend to Fritz. Always helps him out, no matter how much Fritz's irresponsibility and flakiness keep landing him in hot water. Feeds him even when he's broke and the restaurant's closed, at least from my memory (could've sworn it was part of an event or one of their flower-level lines). Honestly, I'm going to have a hard time deciding if I want to go for him, Fritz, or Nadi next time I play. Nadi's hilariously dorky, and even though Fritz is sneaky and scatterbrained, he's pretty adorable, too. (I married Kamil first - no regrets there, either.)

Plus, auburn hair, green eyes? That vest? Man who cooks? Yowza. No wonder he's had more tang than an astronaut.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Raeger's boring? I didn't notice?

From someone who married him, he's really sweet. And hot. Plus he can cook.

He's a hot guy who can cook, that's always a good thing in my book.
Gorgophone
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Anonymous Fish wrote:I thought Raeger was sweet but a bit dull at first, but his dry sense of humor really got me the more I got to know him. I love it - he's pleasant because, well, he just is, and it doesn't hurt business (along with his looks). But then he'll just make an offhanded remark that catches you off-guard. Like the handkerchief-gagging thing, for example.
I think I'd be more interested in him if I saw he had a sense of humour. Pretty much the only thing he's ever said to me in my game so far is "get out of my kitchen pls". I can't seem to catch him outside his business hours :')
PokeFarmer
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

Shan O 123 wrote:He's a hot guy who can cook, that's always a good thing in my book.
Nice rhyme Shan.
Anonymous Fish wrote:I thought Raeger was sweet but a bit dull at first, but his dry sense of humor really got me the more I got to know him. I love it - he's pleasant because, well, he just is, and it doesn't hurt business (along with his looks). But then he'll just make an offhanded remark that catches you off-guard. Like the handkerchief-gagging thing, for example.

Plus, he's a good friend to Fritz. Always helps him out, no matter how much Fritz's irresponsibility and flakiness keep landing him in hot water. Feeds him even when he's broke and the restaurant's closed, at least from my memory (could've sworn it was part of an event or one of their flower-level lines). Honestly, I'm going to have a hard time deciding if I want to go for him, Fritz, or Nadi next time I play. Nadi's hilariously dorky, and even though Fritz is sneaky and scatterbrained, he's pretty adorable, too. (I married Kamil first - no regrets there, either.)
Basically this. But there was something about Fritz's silliness that I liked.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Gorgophone wrote:
I think I'd be more interested in him if I saw he had a sense of humour. Pretty much the only thing he's ever said to me in my game so far is "get out of my kitchen pls". I can't seem to catch him outside his business hours :')
You know you can watch the events in the game on YouTube, right? And really, it's kinda your fault that you ca't make time to catch him outside of business hours. He closes on Wednesdays and festival days. He closes at... what, 21:00, 21:30 or so? I mean, there ARE opportunities.
Hazysummerskies
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

I don't find Raegar boring. He is nice enough, not to mention popular among the fandom. I befriended him on my first file and if I ever make a second file, I could see him as being a contender for marriage, alongside Nadi.

Mistel is the bachelor I find to have the most interesting personality however.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I married Raeger, and I don't even think he's necessarily the most interesting bachelor in the game. (though I wouldn't go so far as to say he's boring) He is kind of just a nice guy. But, well, "I happen to like nice men." Raeger is the only one in the game who seems like the type of person I'd actually want to date.

I will say, I almost like Raeger more in the other bachelors' events that he appears in. Like, as someone else mentioned, the handkerchief comment he makes to Fritz. I have a similar, somewhat harsh, sarcastic way of teasing my close friends, so that made me laugh.
KakaoMinze
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Raeger is prolly just not every gamers taste when it comes down to design or personality. I find Mistel the most boring/creepy one, as example, because he looks like a kid. Even more than Fritz IMHO. Normally I stick with the bachelor/bachelorettes that aren't as easy to woo, but Raeger is the first guy that kinda made me try taking it easy and trying a bachelor that has a nice personality but a dry/sarcastic humor at the same time. Not to mention his reaction when you wear the (red) cheongsam outfit. It never gets old.
kokiricat
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

This paragraph from one of the XSEED localization blog posts just about sums up why I like Raeger, and, if I'm remembering correctly, is the very reason I was set on him months before the game came out:

"He’s slick and handsome, and it’s alluded to here and there in the game that women from out of town are always pining after him. He’d almost be a playboy…but he isn’t. He’s a well-grounded, level-headed guy who’s there for his friends. Raeger doesn’t deny he’s a dish, but many of his events revolve around him just chatting it up with someone at his restaurant. In a character personality guide I put together many months ago for everyone working on this project, I described Raeger as the kind of guy you’d leave your spare house key with if you were going out of town. He’s got that air of practicality and trustworthiness about him that makes him easy to like. This is reinforced with his casual, easygoing style of speech. He meets you at your level – he’s not too good for you, and even his jokes mainly amount to good-natured ribbing (not that we’d expect a Bokujou-series character to totally rip on someone…). I guess ultimately, the thing I find cool about Raeger is that with his good looks and his mad cooking skillz, he COULD have been someone who turned into a self-aggrandizing jerk, but through it all, he’s remained humble and affable. He’s like the bartender that people pour out their hardships to before they know it, and ultimately feel better for having chatted with him. He’s definitely the bachelor I’d aim my sexy eye-beams at, but of course, I may already be under his handsome-guy spell."
KakaoMinze
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

kokiricat wrote:This paragraph from one of the XSEED localization blog posts just about sums up why I like Raeger, and, if I'm remembering correctly, is the very reason I was set on him months before the game came out:

"He’s slick and handsome, and it’s alluded to here and there in the game that women from out of town are always pining after him. He’d almost be a playboy…but he isn’t. He’s a well-grounded, level-headed guy who’s there for his friends. Raeger doesn’t deny he’s a dish, but many of his events revolve around him just chatting it up with someone at his restaurant. In a character personality guide I put together many months ago for everyone working on this project, I described Raeger as the kind of guy you’d leave your spare house key with if you were going out of town. He’s got that air of practicality and trustworthiness about him that makes him easy to like. This is reinforced with his casual, easygoing style of speech. He meets you at your level – he’s not too good for you, and even his jokes mainly amount to good-natured ribbing (not that we’d expect a Bokujou-series character to totally rip on someone…). I guess ultimately, the thing I find cool about Raeger is that with his good looks and his mad cooking skillz, he COULD have been someone who turned into a self-aggrandizing jerk, but through it all, he’s remained humble and affable. He’s like the bartender that people pour out their hardships to before they know it, and ultimately feel better for having chatted with him. He’s definitely the bachelor I’d aim my sexy eye-beams at, but of course, I may already be under his handsome-guy spell."
^ This. Everything the post says. I couldn't describe it any better.
trufflehunt
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Raeger is nice to look at. I'm not much into the "popular guy" type, and his personality didn't do anything to change that. I get that he chats up girls to build repore and get loyal repeat customers for his restaurant, so I didn't get bent up at his pink flower event, but still, you're right: Raeger is pretty boring.
:P
Saffy
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

I would never marry someone like Raeger... But I dont really hate him lol. He rubs me the wrong way though. he looks nice but I like exotic men.. :) BUT. Here is the main reason I commented. It made me laugh and I wanna share teh laugh.

Your pain has been acknowledged wive's of Raeger...LOL.
trufflehunt
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

^ That bothered me about him as well. Who says that sort of thing anyway? :lol:
Saffy

Post  Posted:

trufflehunt wrote:^ That bothered me about him as well. Who says that sort of thing anyway? :lol:
Raeger does. Raeger is a thug. :lol: