Rune Factory 5 Official Discussion Thread v1

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
Shortybread
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Shan O 123 wrote:Honestly I think leveling up quickly isn’t a bad thing. Especially if you’re like me and just want to play without dying. And I’m on easy mode.
Oh, I don't think it's bad either, per say. Usually I don't mind it, and in some cases even like to be higher level than is recommended, but I do still like a bit of challenge, just to keep things interesting! :)
simside wrote:The only thing I regretted about ending act 1 was not completing the wanted monster quests.
Spoiler:
I found out that finishing the 3-star monsters gets you the hidden item badge, which is useful if you want to start hunting the tree seed spawns. You can do it with a teammate too, but they'll fight the nearby monsters, and it can sometimes be annoying to get them lined up to detect the spawn if you just want to run in and pick up the seed.

I didn't really run across anything else, but I rushed the beginning of act two a bit to get the seal back, I love using it. But if you've already done the monster quests and are growing trees, that's the only thing I can think of.
Being overleveled doesn't really affect difficulty, but the gear crafting does. I'm... 1/3 through act 2? I'm maybe thirty levels higher than the dungeons recommend, and the dungeons have moved up in difficulty from "you can beat this with stuff you find in chests" to "do some basic crafting with stuff you find on the ground." I'm not the biggest fan of the RF crafting system, and I've leveled my crafting up past 50. The dungeons are decently challenging with leveled/not best gear made with common materials (and, like, the orc archer and fire slime I accidentally caught at the beginning of the game - I'm not sure why they are still so good). But if you're really awesome at crafting or you aren't into doing the dungeons in one long trip, for sure turn the difficulty up.
Spoiler:
Oooh, okay, that's very good to know - thank you! I wasn't sure how worth doing the wanted monster quests were but that does sound like something I'd like to have sooner rather than later. :) I've done quite a few of the quests already, but I think I'll clean the rest of them up before moving on in that case.
Makes sense! I recall in other games that I usually hit a wall where I needed to focus on armor and weapons rather than level, but I wasn't sure if I should expect the same thing in 5 or not. I am quite a fan of crafting thankfully, so I'll be happy to have more of a reason to utilize it moving forward. I was wanting to upgrade, but worried about making myself too strong, since I was already finding the dungeons to be easy.
Thanks so much for the info, I appreciate it! :heart:
LeBurns
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

My level and gear are way overpowered apparently.

I used the royal curry feature and was able to buy some gear that was WAY too powerful for me apparently. I think I've finished Act II (I've got little sis, I'll just say it like that to avoid spoilers) and the last six armed boss was the first monster to actually cause me any harm in a long time and I still just beat it with little effort. Things are so simple that I feel like I'm playing 'story mode' since the combat is basically a joke. However since I don't play these games for the combat feature I've just been letting it go.

I'm currently level 85. Once I got a lot of gold I upgraded all the shops and from the blacksmith bought an Elvish Cloak, Elemental Shield, and Bone Boots which have done an excellent job of protecting me. Got a Trinity Edge short sword. Kind of game breaking, but like I said it's like playing in Story Mode or something. Fine for now on this file but my next time I'll keep it more challenging.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Speaking of royal curry, I wonder what are the chances of Yuki giving it to you hmmm….I know you can get it from Elsje but I always forget to do the trick.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I don't think there's any chance Yuki will give you royal curry. Elsje is the only one.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yuki gives frying Pan dishes and I looked it up royal curry is a level 98 frying Pan dish…..

Still that’s a good thing to know before testing it lol.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

According to something I read, Yuki and Livia will never join your party at all. Elsje gives out royal curry quite often...I don't think it'd be worth it to try to get one out of Yuki even if it was possible (which I don't think it is, since there's no mention of anyone ever getting one from her. If it's not even possible to have her join your party, that'd explain that. No one disagreed with Yuki being impossible to add on Reddit, but I dunno...haven't heard anyone talk about having her in their party, so I'm not sure. But I read it by different people in a thread on Reddit, and another on GameFAQs, that Yuki can't join the party and has no equippable weapon category at all.)

If this is about 'return gifts'...I don't think residents give every item in a category, I think they have certain ones they tend to give. I've just never heard of anyone claiming they got a royal curry from anyone but Elsje, but if you've got the time and inclination to experiment, that'd be cool :)
Somerandom
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Shan O 123 wrote:Yuki gives frying Pan dishes and I looked it up royal curry is a level 98 frying Pan dish…..

Still that’s a good thing to know before testing it lol.
You’re talking about the regifting system right? Royal curry is not a level 98 frying pan dish it is a pot dish.

Anyway, I am the most mixed on the candidates in this game, there are like 3 or 4 that I love but 4 that I really don’t like. I have seen most of the events in game because no more side events seem to be triggering and that’s kind of sad. Most of the villagers that are not candidates (except for Simone) seem pretty one note to me and that’s a shame. Rather than that pointless Ludmila and Scarlett event could’nt we have a few more events dedicated to these guys?

My MC and Reinhard had a child (child spoilers below)
Spoiler:
I took the child into battle and found that they are pretty broken because they level up very quickly. I need to do more experimenting on this, but I found that the weapon that your child gravitates toward is the same as your spouses (In my case this was long swords). They also seem to inherit abilities from both you and your spouse on level up, they had Reinhard’s skill (long sword wind skill, I forget what it’s called) and was pleasantly surprised when they started healing everyone later (usually I am the sole healer). This leads me to think that they inherit skills from both parents.
I also completed the Rigbarth maze
Spoiler:
To be honest I was kinda disappointed, it definitely wasn’t as much of a challenge as the Sharence maze except in 2 parts that were made arbitrarily difficult, floor 9 (I think) has the instakill ghosts roaming the narrow halls (no room for dodging) so you will die there at least once unless you have a very high faint resistance. The second was a boss battle where your RP was being drained constantly. The ghost thing just felt like a way to create artificial difficulty as opposed to challenging levels. When I got to the end and completed the maze I was surprised that it was over as I wanted more levels like the Sharence maze in RF4.
I hope the continue to be more creative with the dungeon designs because I like having dungeons with interesting elements or puzzles, especially in the late game.
Spoiler:
Such as Seed fortress. But definitely not the cloud level, that one was just slow and just not fun due to having to wait for the slow cloud elevators
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

You’re talking about the regifting system right? Royal curry is not a level 98 frying pan dish it is a pot dish.
Google lied to me lol
Arcy
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Today I beat the main story quest and rolled credits. This is the first time I have ever made it to the post game section of a Rune Factory, despite owning and having played every game in the series up to this point in time. (No Easy Mode in most past entries + RF4 having events that may be hard to trigger has put me off on all the prior installments.)

Heck of a game, I loved it. With just a few more QoL improvements and some performance tweaks it would absolutely be a 10/10 game. There do seem to be some minor issues (such as incorrect text descriptions on a few items) and bugs as well, but for my enjoyment I did have a 10/10 time with the game! It was worth every penny I spent, I bought the physical Earthmate Edition and purchased all the available DLC! (Forte + Kiel pack coming on the 26th, can't wait to use all the gold points I got from buying the other sets.)

Also, the soundtrack is So Good, friends! So good!
Mothership
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

AGH! I had completed the story in my girl file. Decided to start a new file playing as a male. Guess I wasn't paying close enough attention when I saved, and now my girl file is gone :( I think I loaded an auto save from my new file and that overwrote my girl one. Sigh.
Lesson learned. Now I'll use a separate Switch profile for each game file from now on.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Mothership wrote:AGH! I had completed the story in my girl file. Decided to start a new file playing as a male. Guess I wasn't paying close enough attention when I saved, and now my girl file is gone :( I think I loaded an auto save from my new file and that overwrote my girl one. Sigh.
Lesson learned. Now I'll use a separate Switch profile for each game file from now on.
Rip game file.
LeBurns
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Mothership wrote:AGH! I had completed the story in my girl file. Decided to start a new file playing as a male. Guess I wasn't paying close enough attention when I saved, and now my girl file is gone :( I think I loaded an auto save from my new file and that overwrote my girl one. Sigh.
Right now I keep three save files for the game. One just before I go to bed. One as soon as I get up. And the other for odd saves before going into final boss fights and such.

I figure before I start a new game I'll go down to Save slot 5 and put it there, and then still use the first three slots as before.

Hope that all works anyway. I do intend on playing a new game as soon as I beat the MQ and get hitched in this one. I'm still considering this current game as my 'learning how the game works' trial game.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I always keep multiple save files, too, in addition to the autosave slot, in case my manual save (the one that usually matters most) gets corrupted somehow. That sucks that you lost your file, Mothership!
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I only keep one same slot and I never use/load up from the auto save.

Sorry about your save.
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Wow, I guess I need to make sure to make an extra save just in case before I start a new file.

I finally cleared the story tonight!! Woot!! I am still at level 102, so I didn't get my level up any higher really, but I did raise several of my skills, I don't know if that made a difference or not. I also upgraded and equipped better gear, and brought plenty of cooked items for recovery. The big game changer I think was using magic instead of hacking away with the sword. Gatling Comet I think it was called won it. So contrary to what I read about having to be 120 to beat the game, I beat it at 102, at least in Normal Mode. I wonder if the ending sequence would be any different if you had already had children? I guess that's next for Alice and Reinhard, lol. Maybe next time I will try to have the brood first and see if it changes anything.