Rune Factory 5 Official Discussion Thread v1

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

LeBurns wrote:I missed that THANKS. I actually would only play undocked since what I really want is a handheld with a bigger screen than the Switch Lite. My poor old eyes just can't take the tiny written dialog on the small screen. My daughter already has hers docked up to the big Smart TV in the living room. Hmm ... wonder if I could just use her dock if I wanted so I wouldn't have to plug in another dock, if I wanted to play on the big screen sometime?
You're welcome :) And yes, you can use her dock with your new Switch, if you get one. The docks will be interchangeable, though of course the old one doesn't have the built-in LAN port. But it'll work just fine. Or you could just give her your new dock since she can use the it with her older switch.
Rancherita
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:This isn't related to RF5, precisely, unless there are people who will be wanting to buy the new system before getting RF5, which was brought up, once, so...

LeBurns, the new Switch has been announced for release on October 8th. It has a somewhat bigger screen (7 inch instead of 6.2) and the dock has a LAN port for more/better internet options if you're into multiplayer. Other than that, it's pretty much the same old Switch. Same battery life, same overall operating power, as far as I can tell. No real improvements to the system's power...no enhancement that makes it worthwhile for those who prefer to play docked unless you have trouble with your WIFI when using multiplayer or online features.
FYI, if you already have a Switch and just want ethernet capability on your dock, you can buy a USB to Ethernet dongle for around $10-20 that you plug into the USB port at the back if the Switch dock. Just make sure it's compatible with Switch (some are not). That's what I have and it suits my needs.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

LeBurns wants the new system for the larger handheld screen (he has a Lite, afaik, so the o-led model would be notably larger...his daughter has the regular model), so if he's doing that and has the new dock that comes with it, he might as well use it. Even though I don't think they care much about internet connection either way with no NSO. (I don't need a better or different connection option, myself, even though I do have NSO. My wifi works fine. Though I do want the new dock. Not because it has a LAN port but because it's white. Since they're interchangeable and it'll be available separately, I may get it.)

The LAN port alone definitely is not a reason to buy the new model though, that's for sure, since you can convert one of the USB ports on the regular dock into a LAN port so easily (and cheaply, since even in CAD a dongle is only about $15).

EDIT: Oh hey, thought of a question for people playing RF5 already. Didn't notice if this has already been answered. Is there much customization? I don't mean of features...I assume there is none of that. But clothing? In RF4 there was basically nothing except being able to wear your sleepwear or swimwear, or your regular outfit dyed in about six different colours. Can you change clothes in RF5? More than RF4, or the same sort of thing?
RodCopper Fishin
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:EDIT: Oh hey, thought of a question for people playing RF5 already. Didn't notice if this has already been answered. Is there much customization? I don't mean of features...I assume there is none of that. But clothing? In RF4 there was basically nothing except being able to wear your sleepwear or swimwear, or your regular outfit dyed in about six different colours. Can you change clothes in RF5? More than RF4, or the same sort of thing?
I’ve seen some videos, including the nice one LeBurns just posted, where the protagonist is wearing different clothes. I know the RF4 candidates clothing, and the former RF protagonist and canon bachelorette clothing are available, but I wonder if there will be more as well. So far that’s a lot of options!
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Here includes a link to all of the costumes: https://www.reddit.com/r/runefactory/co ... tagonists/

The costumes only change the model though, artwork only changes with the default/swimsuit/pajamas
RodCopper Fishin
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Anonymous Fish wrote:Here includes a link to all of the costumes: https://www.reddit.com/r/runefactory/co ... tagonists/

The costumes only change the model though, artwork only changes with the default/swimsuit/pajamas
Good to know! Thanks for that link
LeBurns
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Anonymous Fish wrote:Here includes a link to all of the costumes: https://www.reddit.com/r/runefactory/co ... tagonists/

Nice that's more than I thought, though many are just color swaps. Love the armor though, may have to go with that one.
white66
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

Finally, I can be a farmer, a warrior, and a bullfighter all at once.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Update 1.0.7 for RF5 is out. Patch notes. It appears to be almost all bug-squashing, but a few adjustments to stats and stuff, too, like changing the attacks of one monster and the stats of a couple of cloaks and things.
LeBurns
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:Update 1.0.7 for RF5 is out. Patch notes. It appears to be almost all bug-squashing, but a few adjustments to stats and stuff, too, like changing the attacks of one monster and the stats of a couple of cloaks and things.
Wow a lot of bug fixing there. Course we are well past the days where you bought a GBA cart and what you got is what you got. Even hand held cart games are a lot more complex these days. I can say I'm glad a lot of this is being fixed before the NA version is released.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Things like this are one of the reasons why I was never 'yay nearly a simultaneous international release!' like everybody else seemed to be for Olive Town, lol. I was always worried about that. I have never wanted our games to release simultaneously with Japan's. I always liked that we had at least half a year for a guide to be worked on and even more importantly, for all the bugs to be squashed. If Olive Town had been more typical, we'd have had all the new dialogue and improvements included right from release day, and I'd much prefer that to the situation we did get.

This is also why I absolutely will not Kickstart games. Tried it once but it's just not for me. I want nothing to do with a work-in-progress...they ruin my fun.
KonekoChan
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

no comment on how HM DS was released to the west with a ton of bugs and the Calvin mine glitch in ToT that literally just froze the game and wasn't in the Japanese release.... haha
-Fixed a bug where the same sound was played continuously when using a brush or hammer continuously.
oh, no more "YATTA YATTA YATTA" LMAO. they never ended up fixing the glitch where you could basically endlessly farm stones/lumber, i wonder if they're keeping it in or if it was intended after all...?
LeBurns
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:This is also why I absolutely will not Kickstart games. Tried it once but it's just not for me. I want nothing to do with a work-in-progress...they ruin my fun.
A lot of games on my STEAM Wish List are in Early Access, and they will stay on my Wish List until they are finished. The idea of paying someone so I can play their buggy and incomplete game makes little sense to me. Plus, I don't want to spoil the game when the full release finally happens (honestly with some games I wonder if a full release is ever really intended). I am glad others are willing to help the devs find the bugs and improve the features, but I have little time for gaming anyway so no time to play-test games.

I still remember Natsume's Hometown Story. Released in NA first. Then in a later release in EU not only did they fix bugs but they added features like fishing, which they never upgraded the NA version to have. That was at the beginning of Natsume getting on my bad side. Honestly they've done little to impress me since.

So for now I'm waiting on RF5 and also for MHS2 (as I'm waiting for all the free DLC to come out first). Sadly not much to do in the mean time.
Embry
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

That is a surprisingly nice variety of outfits! I'm glad that Alice's armor isn't boobified! And the witch costumes are cute too! AND the suits that are basically unisex aside from Alice getting girlier color options! Love it.
Rancherita
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

Did my eyes deceive me while viewing the newest Nintendo Direct at the 28:15-ish mark, or was there what looks like an Alice and Beatrice wedding ceremony?!?!

Is RF5 going the SoS way?!?

Have I missed previous announcements or is this new information?

Edit: lol just saw the new thread. Can I say that I was so blown away seeing two brides together :bunny: , my brain completely failed to register that we now have a tentative release date (March 22, 2022) :lol: