RF4 Character & General Info Thread (UPDATES / Next: ??)

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
Ritsuiko234
Banned: Trolling

Post  Posted:

Quillbell wrote:Arthur's expressions are awesome! He actually looks really really good, especially with his glasses off. :heart:
RopeMaidenKirie wrote:Arthur
Spoiler:
My two favourites.

Also, I find it hilarious that absolutely everyone gets a winking expression. They really went all out on the 2D sprites this time.
I agree they look really crisp and smooth!
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Quillbell wrote:Arthur's expressions are awesome! He actually looks really really good, especially with his glasses off. :heart:

My two favourites.

Also, I find it hilarious that absolutely everyone gets a winking expression. They really went all out on the 2D sprites this time.
I wasn't a huge fan of Arthur in the beginning, but he is rapidly growing on me. I may have to buy two copies of the game..I honestly can't choose between the bachelor's. xD
SailorDanielle wrote:My favorite expressions are the winking ones. Also, Vishnals angry face always succeeds on cracking me up xD. Arthur has definitely been winning me over. I wish I got to see more expressions of Kiel though, and possibly Leon =\. Thank you so much for the images though, they're really great!!! :)
Yeah, the person playing on the stream hasn't done much in the dungeons, so unfortunately we may have to wait awhile for Kohaku, Dolce, Dylas and Leon depending on how fast they play. But I will definitely keep an eye out and post any new character faces that I see :D Glad you enjoyed it! I was worried it would clutter up the thread...I can't see in making a new topic for it.
Blue Rose
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

RopeMaidenKirie wrote:

My two favourites.

I wasn't a huge fan of Arthur in the beginning, but he is rapidly growing on me. I may have to buy two copies of the game..I honestly can't choose between the bachelor's. xD
SailorDanielle wrote:My favorite expressions are the winking ones. Also, Vishnals angry face always succeeds on cracking me up xD. Arthur has definitely been winning me over. I wish I got to see more expressions of Kiel though, and possibly Leon =\. Thank you so much for the images though, they're really great!!! :)
Yeah, the person playing on the stream hasn't done much in the dungeons, so unfortunately we may have to wait awhile for Kohaku, Dolce, Dylas and Leon depending on how fast they play. But I will definitely keep an eye out and post any new character faces that I see :D Glad you enjoyed it! I was worried it would clutter up the thread...I can't see in making a new topic for it.
Actually, because this is the 3DS...I don't think you can do that anymore. Not totally positive, though.

EDIT: Arthur looks a miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilllion times better without the glasses.
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Blue Rose wrote:
RopeMaidenKirie wrote: I wasn't a huge fan of Arthur in the beginning, but he is rapidly growing on me. I may have to buy two copies of the game..I honestly can't choose between the bachelor's. xD
Actually, because this is the 3DS...I don't think you can do that anymore. Not totally positive, though.
Oh! You're probably right. I didn't even think of that :(
Ritsuiko234
Banned: Trolling

Post  Posted:

RopeMaidenKirie wrote:
Blue Rose wrote:
RopeMaidenKirie wrote: I wasn't a huge fan of Arthur in the beginning, but he is rapidly growing on me. I may have to buy two copies of the game..I honestly can't choose between the bachelor's. xD
But at least there's three save files!
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Ritsuiko234 wrote: But at least there's three save files!
This is true! :) I want to pick up a Japanese 3DS eventually anyways, so I guess either way it doesn't matter much.

Seems like the person streaming left. Hopefully more videos tomorrow!
Cherry Blossom
Disabled: By request

Post  Posted:

Actually, I'm pretty sure you can buy two copies for six save files.

Shoot me if I'm wrong?
sal880612m
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Cherry Blossom wrote:Actually, I'm pretty sure you can buy two copies for six save files.

Shoot me if I'm wrong?
That was my initial reaction as well but they do seem to be meaning a japanese copy and an english one which won't work without getting a japanese 3ds.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

It was confirmed you could buy two copies of LoB, so I don't see why that wouldn't be true for RF4. Pretty sure the games just save to the cartridge, not the SD card or anything.
minabi234
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Sprinkles&Cupcakes wrote:I'll keep an eye on youtube just in case someone uploads the video. :>
Spoiler:
Title screen.
Save screen. It has the same music as the RF3 one.
No idea if the same tune that plays when you save on a slot on RF4 is the same as the one in this game though. Image
Lest is chilling in the ship.
Two Sechs Empire soldiers hide in the barrels.
They come out and try to attack Lest.
Now you gain control of Lest and can attack the soldiers.
You defeat the soldiers and Lest seems to be protecting this ball of energy?
One of the soldiers is still alive and attacks Lest.
Lest faints and he drops four balls of energy. Hmm... Maybe those things were the things that turned the four marriage candidates into monsters?
I'll post the next part in a bit.
four balls of energy..? i only saw 3...
Angel97430
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

minabi234 wrote:
Sprinkles&Cupcakes wrote:I'll keep an eye on youtube just in case someone uploads the video. :>
Spoiler:
Title screen.
Save screen. It has the same music as the RF3 one.
No idea if the same tune that plays when you save on a slot on RF4 is the same as the one in this game though. Image
Lest is chilling in the ship.
Two Sechs Empire soldiers hide in the barrels.
They come out and try to attack Lest.
Now you gain control of Lest and can attack the soldiers.
You defeat the soldiers and Lest seems to be protecting this ball of energy?
One of the soldiers is still alive and attacks Lest.
Lest faints and he drops four balls of energy. Hmm... Maybe those things were the things that turned the four marriage candidates into monsters?
I'll post the next part in a bit.
four balls of energy..? i only saw 3...
One is already gone, but you can see the smoke on the right.
Mei_is_me
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Ritsuiko234 wrote:
RopeMaidenKirie wrote:
Blue Rose wrote:
But at least there's three save files!
On the english version it saves just like the DS. So you could have six files with two games. :lol:
nikkiangel
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Oh... wow, I'm seeing spoilers... o3o
Must resist not to see them.. XD
boonaong
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

spoilers
Spoiler:
????
Spoiler:
Dravalon Code
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Wow! I'm really digging the expression variety, and Vishnal seems to have a broad and cute range of faces...XD
I like Arthur with his glasses off. I really do. (why is it that the guys who look great without their glasses are the ones who never take them off?!)
Anyways, can't wait to see the rest of the portraits! I've avoided all other spoilers...so I can treat myself a little....
/just you watch. You'll end up spoiling everything.../