RF4 Character & General Info Thread (UPDATES / Next: ??)

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
Shayde
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

*facepalms* So that's what our game ratings have gone to? Romance will butt up a rating, but games like Soul Nomad that contained heavy cursing, implied rape, genocide, etc get waved off with a T-rating.
*has her moment of amusement*

Sometimes I swear people are WAY to paranoid or touchy about subjects. You can only shelter your kids so long before the real world comes raining down on them.

Anyway...

I don't really need an animated scene for the kissing. But a kiss now and then for dates or during the wedding would be nice.

As for relationships, GB, I personally like your second idea.

1-10 friendship, 11-20 lovers, 21-30 marriage.

Just cause that would give me plenty to work towards. I loved in AP/TOT that after you got married, you had a whole new set of 10 hearts to raise with your spouse. That actually gave me something to work for after marriage.
Selphie-Sama
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Shayde wrote:I loved in AP/TOT that after you got married, you had a whole new set of 10 hearts to raise with your spouse. That actually gave me something to work for after marriage.
That sounds really awesome. I'd like it if that kind of system was in this game.

As of now I'm generally confused about the dokidoki zoom feature, mostly because it wouldn't look that nice using the chibi sprites, in my opinion.
Nurse Fin
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

What is the dokidoki zoom feature, anyway? RF's version of a skinship minigame where you poke at your lover like they're a tickle-me-elmo?

If it is a skinship thing, then I'm reeeeeally shocked it's a Cero-A rating...
Selphie-Sama
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

From what I remember it's this feature that you can use during dates with your lover to "zoom in" on stuff like holding hands and kissing. Don't quote me on that though.
*Echo*
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Nurse Fin wrote:If they showed kissing like that (ie. a "cutscene") the game would definitely be bumped up in the rating. It's kind of amazing the rating isn't higher than it is, for both RF and HM, because of all the relationship and marriage stuff @_@

That's more of a Japanese thing though. "Romance" is actually one of the content warning labels on games and it doesn't need that much to get the warning.

On the back of my FFXIII game it says: "Warning: contains romance, violence" lmao
Romance? In XIII? The only 'romance' I saw was between Snow and Serah and Fang and Vanille. And the former only kissed once and the latter was mostly very heavy subtext. *shakes head* Ooo, one kiss and subtext. Beware.

For some reason, it feels like I'm cheating if I play the main character twice and have them marry different people. But, here goes.

File 1. Dylas
File 2. Xiaopai, Forte, or Braids-girl
File 3. Fan-man

I like the idea of another level of hearts. That was pretty fun. And it was nice how you had the choice to have kids, instead of the girl ending up preggers the night after the wedding. Maybe they could implement that into RF4, too...?
Sprinkles&Cupcakes
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Nurse Fin wrote:RF's version of a skinship minigame where you poke at your lover like they're a tickle-me-elmo?
Haha, I'd love it if they used that feature they have in Love Plus and Tokimeki Memorial. xD

Like Selphie said, it's a feature where the camera zooms closer to the characters(and apparently you can see them with better models) when they're in a romantic event. I'm not sure if it's automatic or optional though.
Screenshots:
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
maydaysoup
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Selphie-Sama wrote:From what I remember it's this feature that you can use during dates with your lover to "zoom in" on stuff like holding hands and kissing. Don't quote me on that though.
*quotes you anyway*
So... It's more like CreepyCreepy Stalker-with-Binoculars-Hiding-in-the-Tree-Above-You Zoom?
Ehhh..... I'll pass on that. Leave the creeping to Dolce, kthx.

They DID say that there'd be a lot of post-marriage events and evolution, so I assume that your emotional progress with your mate will be measured by another stage of heart levels. They could always make it timed, but that would be significantly less fun. :(
Shayde
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Meh. I'm not all that interested in dokidoki zoom if its still with those fugly bobble headed sprites we see in the screenshots.

I'll stick to far away and pretty portraits. =P
Genie9
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

Shayde wrote:Meh. I'm not all that interested in dokidoki zoom if its still with those fugly bobble headed sprites we see in the screenshots.

I'll stick to far away and pretty portraits. =P
I agree, I just noticed how unflattering those sprites are O.O especially Margaret's :P

And I like the idea of raising LP to 20 in order to marry a character. 10 in the RF world is just too short :/
Nastika
Banned: Under 13 years old

Post  Posted:

I don't think those sprites are ugly, especially if you compare them to those in RF3 which totally looked non-human to me 8D
Shayde
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Nastika wrote:I don't think those sprites are ugly, especially if you compare them to those in RF3 which totally looked non-human to me 8D
but at least we didn't have to zoom in on them. xD

I just don't like how square some of their faces are. Or how huge. Like...Vishnal's sprite is just...ugh. So is Margaret's. They look ok far away but...close up...no. >.<
Nastika
Banned: Under 13 years old

Post  Posted:

Shayde wrote:
Nastika wrote:I don't think those sprites are ugly, especially if you compare them to those in RF3 which totally looked non-human to me 8D
but at least we didn't have to zoom in on them. xD
OMGosh, it would have been... Horrible O.O

Anyway, the sprites look pretty good to me... There heads must be huge to give them a "chibi design" or something like that :3
maydaysoup
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Nastika wrote:Their heads must be huge to give them a "chibi design" or something like that :3
Which is precisely one of the reasons as to why I don't care for them...
I mean, it could be a lot worse. Then again, it could just not exist, which, to me, would be the best DokiDoki Zoom solution of all. xD Oh well. To each their own, ja?

By the way, Selphie, I am loving your theme. 8)
XxWizardxMollyxX14
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Well compared to what we used to get I think it's a step up. But at the same time it's a higher power gaming system from what we had so they could have done better. I don't think it's horrible though, I'm just neutral.

Also, I just wanted to share this picture from pixiv:
Spoiler:
From Here
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Haha what a cute fan art.

And wow I had no clue romance could push up a rating. ToD was rated E 10 so maybe RF4 will get that rating too instead of just E.

I also am not interested in the doki doki zoom thing. I can't imagine I'd bother using it much. However it could surprise me. Who knows.