Pets

Nintendo DS [ Game Guide ]
Domineam
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I read that you can feed your pig every day. Will you lose friend points if you don't feed it (aka do you have to)? Also, can you feed your other pets (including the horse), and do you have to with them either? Thanks!
Pengum
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

To increase freindship points with the dog, cat and horse you must feed them everyday, otherwise it won't go up. Not to sure if it decreases if you don't feed them though. As with the pig I have no clue.
Sasuko
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

the cat, dog and horse can be fed with pet food mirabelle, sells, you can place it in the food dishes in the stable. They seem to eat the pet food even if they're not in the stable though
Juliuslove<3<3<3
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I never feed my pets. AND have no friendship with them now... :(

Signed,
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/65444628/MY%20b ... %20man.jpg
Gotta luf dem men withcrazy color hair!!!
Veggie Angel
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

I'm sure if I'm repeating information here because everyone had part of the answer.

Pets, unlike your livestock (chickens, cows, sheep), will not get sick and die if you don't feed them but in order to increase their friendship /heart levels and obtain the sunstones they have to give you you must take care of them everyday. You should put food in their feeders and speak to them. You will also get friendship points if you let them wander outside. Brushing the horse will raise friendship points as well. If you neglect any of the animals under your care you will lose friendship points for the neglect. The cat, dog and horse will perform better at festivals with a higher heart level.

The pig will also forage for mushrooms. You will want a higher friendship level for this pet since the pig will bring better and rarer mushrooms if the level is higher. You can feed the pig by hand with blueberries or strawberries (the pig loves these). If you do feed the pig by hand you do not have to put pet food in the feeder but you can if you want to make sure it is fed.

I feel that I have happier pets if they are put inside at night but others have posted that they don't notice any difference. That choice is yours.
Melian
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

My pig disapeard one day, and since then, his heart meter went down all the way to no hearts.... So, I believe you have to care and feed your pig, unless you want a heartless one.

I miss my piggie :(
Domineam
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Thanks for all the answers. I really just wanted to know if I didn't feed my pets if their friendship would slowly lower. But from what you've said I think that this is probably the case.
Pengum
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Domineam wrote:Thanks for all the answers. I really just wanted to know if I didn't feed my pets if their friendship would slowly lower. But from what you've said I think that this is probably the case.
Yeah. Basiclly if you don't feed the pets, their friendship will slowly drop. No one likes being starved :)