My file RESET/DELETED

Nintendo DS [ Game Guide ]
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Before saving my game (overwriting data), I decided to quickly turned off my system to keep my previous save-point. When my DS turned on again, all game files were all wiped! All I see is "New Game" on the start menu.

What just happened?
I don't know anything about this, and there's never been a warning for this happening before.

All my work = Pointless.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

OP again.
It says on my old game file the "Data is corrupted".

It makes no sense. Does IOH have serious glitches/bugs?
Ranranhinotori
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

When you shut off or pull the game out of your DS(or whatever version of the DS you have) while its saving you run the risk of making it corrupt or erase the data, its better that you just let it save if its already overwriting the data
Flyingsheepgirl
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Ranranhinotori wrote:When you shut off or pull the game out of your DS(or whatever version of the DS you have) while its saving you run the risk of making it corrupt or erase the data, its better that you just let it save if its already overwriting the data
This. It happens in any game, not just HM. It's why you always get the "please don't remove the game cartridge or switch off the <insert name of console here> while saving" because the console will get confused and will lose all of your data because it's still processing all you did during that game. So yeah, just wait for it to save next time and you won't get the problem again.
Faelwen
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Oh this happened to me too. Except I didn't turn off my DS on purpose, it just lost power while i was saving. :( I was so sad.

It deletes your file because when you save it deletes what you have and then saves over with your new data. You must have turned it off before it could save over the new data
TinyMoon
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Faelwen wrote:Oh this happened to me too. Except I didn't turn off my DS on purpose, it just lost power while i was saving. :( I was so sad.

It deletes your file because when you save it deletes what you have and then saves over with your new data. You must have turned it off before it could save over the new data
:o That happened to too. The game's battery ran out while it was saving and it turned off. I plugged it in, turned the game back on, and the game file was GONE. It sucked.
Faelwen
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

IKR. I was scared to play any video game for like two weeks after the it deleted for fear of deleting another one. And i didn't play harvest moon for about a month or two, cuz i was reluctant to start over the game, now that all my work was wasted :( but later i did start over and now i'm pretty much where i was before so it's all good :)
TinyMoon
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Yeah, but it had to do that RIGHT when I was about to have a baby DX It sucked, and I've been taking a break. I'm not gonna play that game for a while :(
SilverFire
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

an this is why a always play with the charger hooked up :'D

mine got deleted cause i was bad and used an AR code v-v year freaking five D: