Hero of Leaf valley

SNES, HM64, BTN, STH, A Wonderful Life, Another Wonderful Life, AWL:SE, Magical Melody, Puzzle de HM, Tree of Tranquility, Animal Parade, Frantic Farming, Hero of Leaf Valley, My Little Shop, Seeds of Memories, Lil' Farmers, Light of Hope, Popolocrois: SoS, and Doraemon: SoS.
randomHMfan
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

This is my new favorite harvest moon game for these reasons:

1: You can go to the map and press triangle to automatically go home to bed.
2: Pressing R lets you easily choose items and tools to use.
3: It has some of the best graphics I've ever seen in an HM game.

I'd definitely recommend this game to all of you. :lala:
Zeodyte
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

I concur! Marina's a hottie. I also like the fact that you can choose which color of horse you want instead of the usual generic dun or white.
Kluteau
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

I third that notion! A great soundtrack, lovely graphics, an interesting fishing system, tons of events, and Renton. Just....Renton. :heart:
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I had fun with this game when I had it. I played it through about 3 times I believe.

Gina was the best wife <3

She made you extra clothes Image
Lexy Jenrex
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I disagree, too easy and unbalanced. >_>
It had great potential though.
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I really liked the game. I think the plot was better then a lot of current HM games. I wish they'd do another game with events and story lines.

I remember that. Gina is so sweet. So unfair why don't any of those other girls do something nice like that D:?
Emurii
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

So, I have a copy of this in Japanese on my bookshelf but haven't played it because when I first picked it up, the loading times were _awful_. Can anyone comment on the loading time? :\ Do you usually run through several areas at once like I do? When I was playing (for all of like 3 minutes) I found that the time it took to load each screen was about twice the time I spent in it... If this gets better, or if you get used to it easily (I know people had a lot of complaints about loading in ToT and AP but I got used to those easily) then I would love to play it...
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I really did not like the loading times. Yes they are long and yes the areas are not that big so you have to load new areas all the time. There is really no avoiding it. But I did get used to it pretty soon.

I was only playing that game though. So after playing it for awhile it just seemed like normal. Of course after I beat it and started playing other games again it didn't seem as normal for the loading times to take that long.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I got used to the loading times. I honestly didn't even notice them after awhile.

They were a little long though.
Lexy Jenrex
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Did you guys get the UMD versions?
If you download it off of the PSN it shouldn't be as bad.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Nope UMD. Because i'm a UMD whore.
Lexy Jenrex
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

You can look and see if there is an option for download install then. That often helps load times.
Emurii
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

But...PSN... : \
(is it really safe...?...)
Lexy Jenrex
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

The security has been heightened. If your really worried, use a pre-paid credit card.
12kizuna
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

I also love this game. The only sad thing is that there's not a whole lot online about the game beyond the first 2 years. The other day I unlocked a couple cut-scenes (I'm in Summer of year 3) upon exiting my house, with the harvest sprites. I'd never read about it anywhere. I was also surprised to hear a complete music track change for each season. Some of the things I've read that are supposed to happen haven't happened, like the supposed ocarina concert on the 30th of every season from year 3 and beyond. Also I can't figure out a few other things, including where these Cherry Blossom seeds are found to sell to Lyla (and yes, I know they're *supposed* to be in the Lumber Yard). It'd be nice to hear about how others are doing after beating the main storyline. Does anyone know if the official guide mentions much?