Rune Factory Oceans!

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
Airliner
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Since the whole game features 3d-models for the characters now, i'm pretty sure the children will look different depending on who you'll marry.
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

haloharvestmoon wrote:Is the possibility for a second generation so tiny that we shouldn't even discuss it? D: When RF2 was coming out in Japan, was the news of 2nd gen announced right away?

Well, you never know. We can finally play as a girl in this one, so maybe something else shall surprise us.
I always though of the games where each had its own gimmick that the game centered around. And it is something specific to that game only. RF1 didn't have but that was the first game. RF2 was the second generation. RFF had the flying talking Whale Island (and hopefully the Runey system will only be in that game), RF3 had the Wooly thing, and RFO has the two person in one body thing.

So I don't ever expect any game to have those features again. I really want another game with two generations. I just don't think they will repeat the same thing. And instead keep coming up with brand new ideas.
Bloody-Red
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Googaboga wrote:I always though of the games where each had its own gimmick that the game centered around. And it is something specific to that game only. RF1 didn't have but that was the first game. RF2 was the second generation. RFF had the flying talking Whale Island (and hopefully the Runey system will only be in that game), RF3 had the Wooly thing, and RFO has the two person in one body thing.
Same here. :)
So I don't ever expect any game to have those features again. I really want another game with two generations. I just don't think they will repeat the same thing. And instead keep coming up with brand new ideas.
It's possible they might return to some of the gimmicks but I don't expect that to happen anytime soon.

Personally as much as I want another game with 2 generations I am kinda hoping for an RF game where you start as a child then a timeskip happens. for an example for a starting plot (It's very cliche I know):

MC as a child mysteriously ends up in this small village. A farmer found him and adopted him (to finally have some parent figure in the game), for the child storyline you live with the farmer as a helper or something but after the timeskip he'll retire and give you the farm.

Yeah like I said it's very cliche but this is what I thought of on top of my head and of course MC is amnesiac at first like the other numerical Rune Factory MCs. >_>

Also I hope everything I wrote was clear. English isn't my first language. >_<
LiliaoftheWind
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Bloody-Red, you wrote exactly what I've always wanted in a HM game. By the way your english is fine.
Bloody-Red
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

LiliaoftheWind wrote:Bloody-Red, you wrote exactly what I've always wanted in a HM game.
Yeah mine too, add to that a gender choice with some tweaking and it'll be my ideal RF/HM. :D
By the way your english is fine.
Thanks. ^_^
Last edited by Bloody-Red on Dec 05, 2010 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yeah maybe after they've had a few more RF they'll return to previous features. I don't think it will happen in RFO though.
LiliaoftheWind wrote:Bloody-Red, you wrote exactly what I've always wanted in a HM game. By the way your english is fine.
Agreed on both points :). Your English is fine I wouldn't have never thought it was your second language.

A game like that is so what I've always wanted. But also I'd want to be able to go into dungeons as a kid, but not be able to fight bosses until he was an adult. Like the opposite of RF2 :lol:.
Bloody-Red
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Googaboga wrote:
LiliaoftheWind wrote:Bloody-Red, you wrote exactly what I've always wanted in a HM game. By the way your english is fine.
Agreed on both points :). Your English is fine I wouldn't have never thought it was your second language.
Thanks. :D
A game like that is so what I've always wanted. But also I'd want to be able to go into dungeons as a kid, but not be able to fight bosses until he was an adult.
Yup. There will definitely some limitations when you play as a child like :
-To how far you can access certain dungeons.
-As part of the child storyline you can only defeat the first boss.
-Maybe a dungeon that's only been discovered during or after the timeskip.
Like the opposite of RF2 :lol:.
Exactly. :)
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Sounds fantastic :). They should make RF4 just like that. I can already see the main heroine girl being your childhood best friend or something.
Bloody-Red
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Googaboga wrote:Sounds fantastic :). They should make RF4 just like that. I can already see the main heroine girl being your childhood best friend or something.
In this case there will be more than one childhood friend but not all villagers appear in the child storyline. Some people would move in during the timeskip.

And yeah I'd love RF4 to be like this. xD
Melody Muse
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

cuc wrote:To be fair, the text translation in RF2 is great. The problem is with the voice acting. On the other hand, XSEED's localization isn't flawless. The translation of Ys Seven has been said to be only passable, losing a lot of nuances in what's already an unimpressive script.
I disagree about the RF2 text translation. I found countless missing periods, missing commas, missing Gs for gold, name mix ups (in the text). Max got a huge chunk of the errors, especially in his quest dialogue, as well as Cammy and Suu/Muu got a couple. Manna even had some, and she's the main girl! Let's not forget the "You got a SKULL (or other random item)" instead of a potion.

As opposed to in RFF, I have seen three typos and two out of center text blocks, and I believe most of them were from Eric. Now, admittedly I haven't played this game as far as RF2 (gone through RF2 2x now), but I just felt I had to say that, imho, RF2's translation was not great, at all. It wasn't even passable as publishable in my standards, and if I had known it before I bought the game, I would of gotten it in Japanese and struggled through with it as such. So maybe RFF is as bad, I can't really say. Just my initial impressions of it are of fewer errors, but I could be sorely mistaken.

I'm not saying that XSeed is great, but I just really really really hated Natsume's RF2 translation; it was what convinced me to get Twin Villages in Japanese.

On the later note, Bloody-Red's RF sounds really fun. :D I am getting very very tired of the amnesia gimmick. I mean come on, 3 games of it all ready?! (4 if you answer as if you don't know Mist and the others in RFF.)
LiliaoftheWind
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Tell me about it. It'd be cool for the child in Bloody Red's suggestion to be a choice between brother and sister and still have the other one.

Back on subject. Does anyone know when the famitsu scans come out each week (or whenever)? And how do y'all find them so quickly?
Bloody-Red
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Melody Muse wrote:On the later note, Bloody-Red's RF sounds really fun. :D
Thanks. :)
I am getting very very tired of the amnesia gimmick. I mean come on, 3 games of it all ready?! (4 if you answer as if you don't know Mist and the others in RFF.)
I stopped thinking "Not again!" after RF3. It seems like it's intentional for some unknown reason.
LiliaoftheWind wrote:Tell me about it. It'd be cool for the child in Bloody Red's suggestion to be a choice between brother and sister and still have the other one.
I already have two different scenarios for this xD :
-The farmer already have a kid so they'd be your adoptive brother/sister.
-Your real brother/sister goes to search for you and appear post-timeskip.
Back on subject. Does anyone know when the famitsu scans come out each week (or whenever)? And how do y'all find them so quickly?
Well based on last week Wednesday (partial scan) but there were some infos on its content on Monday (late I think?).
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Being able to choose your gender and still have the other around would be great.

Well at least Sonia and Azel don't have amnesia (I think).
LiliaoftheWind wrote: Back on subject. Does anyone know when the famitsu scans come out each week (or whenever)? And how do y'all find them so quickly?
I know how do they do it so fast :?. Not that I'm complaining. I like getting new info right away.

I can't wait to see more of the town, land, whatever.
Melody Muse
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Actually, you're right. With three games in a row, it seems that maybe it's intentional, for some reason. Assuming it is, and not just a cop-out (which I early hope it isn't) I think it will be very, very interesting to see the explanations.

I mean...
Raguna- due to his heritage/part in the Sech Empire's Plans
Kyle- No explination, but 2x can go as coincidence...
Micah- Waaaaiiiiiitttttt a minute!

Bloody-Red, I think you are on to something there! And yeah, as far as I can tell, I have not seen the word for amnesia on the RFO website anywhere, but to be fair, I do not know the kanji for memory or loss (which I believe is what they use to combine to make amnesia, iirs), so I could have missed it. XD
Bloody-Red
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Melody Muse wrote:Bloody-Red, I think you are on to something there! And yeah, as far as I can tell, I have not seen the word for amnesia on the RFO website anywhere, but to be fair, I do not know the kanji for memory or loss (which I believe is what they use to combine to make amnesia, iirs), so I could have missed it. XD
This amnesia plot device is only used for the numerical Rune Factory games which means if it ends up a plot relevance then it ties to the four dragons storyline.

Azel and Sonia don't have amnesia. The new Andriasang blog post mentioned them as childhood friends and they clearly remember each other.
We previously met the game's two main characters, Azel and Sonia. Previously, it was said that the two characters have been summoned to the game world and end up occupying the same body. This isn't entirely accurate.

Azel and Sonia are from the same world, where they were childhood friends. One day, they're both sucked into a mysterious light and end up on Finis Island, a land where people, spirits and monsters live together.

Azel regains consciousness beneath a great tree, and the first person he sees is Odette, a girl from a nearby town. Azel decides to temporarily reside on the island and leases the house next to Odette's. However, the next day, a tremendous incident shakes the island, leading to the start of Azel's adventures out on the sea.

When Azel awakens underneath that great tree, Sonia is nowhere to be found. The reason is that Sonia is actually in Azel's head. She'll stay there for the first part of the game.
There's a bit more in the blog post in case anyone is interested.