Rune Factory Oceans!

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
Wertville
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

LexyJenrex wrote:
Wertville wrote:
LexyJenrex wrote:If a lot of people buy the PS3 version then there would be the possibility we'd get more high-def spin-off games. Heck it may even show that PS3 owners are interested in the HM series. The biggest reason it's on the wii too is probably because they think most people interested in RF only own Nintendo consoles.
Seeing as people keep saying the PS3 version seems like a port... I think the intention was to keep it on Wii in the first place :P
(I don't know the PS3's graphical capabilities, so I wouldn't know XD)
How does it seem like a port when from all the images we are getting so far are all in hi-def screenshots of the ps3? And why would they put it on the wii in the first place?

Because Harvest Moon games for the most part and the RF series have been on Nintendo. If they were worried about the cost of making the games it'd stay on the wii and have a 3DS port instead or something. =p So obviously they are interested in the PS3 market.
I have no idea, all I know is I heard some comments about it :P
I guess you could say that I really couldn't care less about graphics, SD and HD look very similar to me :/

And the RF and HM series have been on nintendo for a good reason... They sell on Nintendo. If they sold well on Sony, we probably would have seen most of the games as PSP and PS2/3 games. I'm not saying they don't want the PS3 market, of course. That's why there is a PS3 game.

I just find it more likely that they put it on their main console first... (Though that's probably more of my inner-fanboy speaking D:)

EDIT: The ideal thing would be for them to sell evenly on both.

There is a big problem, though...
Does not the 3DS come out in February?

EDIT2:
Days...
Before...
>.<
Lexy Jenrex
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

RF has never been on anything but a Nintendo console and Rune Factory is actually more popular and critically acclaimed. So they really can't judge how well it will sell on a Sony Console until now. If not the PS3 they could have just gone with the PSP which still gets HM games. But their going the whole nine yards.

And the 3DS coming out around the same time as this game would only improve sales if they decided to go the 3DS and Wii route. There would be a limited pool of games to choose from for people to try their shiny new toy with.
Wertville

Post  Posted:

Too bad it's going to go in the opposite direction, with the price point of the 3DS and all...
I suddenly pity Japanese Rune Factory fans. Especially ones with a tight budget.
Lexy Jenrex
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

The Japanese won't mind the price, they are used to expensive electronics. Besides with how the wii was selling on ebay for 1000$ on release day... Nintendo can charge that much because people WILL want it that bad. Then there will be a price drop and for those who don't want to pay 300$ will get it.

The whole stock drop was probably because Nintendo is losing sales over the DS with a new Handheld coming up. People are saving their money for this shiny new toy.
Wertville

Post  Posted:

I mean the PS3/Wii Rune Factory.
Releasing it 2 days before Nintendo's greatest piece of hardware ever is bound to fail. Hard.

In fact, I would delay the release of the game a month... Just so that it doesn't clash with THAT day. (And to possibly give the devs some time to port the game onto 3DS ;))

Oh, and I'm one of the people who are saving their money for that shiny new toy :D
Lexy Jenrex
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Ah yeah, that certainly isn't a very smart idea. It's moves like that which doomed the Tales series. :(
Wertville

Post  Posted:

And xenophobia, you can't forget about xenophobia. I would have bought graces... If they brought it over/didn't make a better version that I will never be able to play >.>
Lexy Jenrex
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Xenophobia?
Are you talking about Xenosaga or Xenoblade or something?

I would have gotten any Tales game if Namco would let somebody else translate it. But noooo!
NNescio
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

LexyJenrex wrote:Xenophobia?
Are you talking about Xenosaga or Xenoblade or something?

I would have gotten any Tales game if Namco would let somebody else translate it. But noooo!
Xenophobia: Fear/Hatred of foreigners, and/or foreign culture.

And he's using hyperbole (eg. exaggerating), of course.
Lexy Jenrex
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

o_O Namco translates all sorts of games here. Namely Naruto games. They just don't translate Tales for... some odd reason.
Melody Muse
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I don't see how the pictures we have seen are for either console yet? Either way I would say the pictures we have seen look well within the Wii's capabilities, from what games I have seen that actually tried to push the Wii's graphics a little.

As much as I hate it, Sony has a rep as more hardcore, and Nintendo as more family games. So the HM games have been going for Nintendo because it's easier to get the fanbase they want on it. I am guessing since RF is a mix of the genre, hence the PS3 port.

To be fair, a new console RF will be a nice reason to put away my DS and dust both/either my Wii or PS3 off, at least. :D
cuc
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

New info from Japanese sites:

Source:
Nintendo Dream magazine

-Azel and Sonia can marry each other.
-they are summoned here from another world.
-the inn is run by the 3 sisters. Iris is the only nurse here.
-there will be guest characters.
-there is an emphasis on rhythm and combo in combat.
-dual-wielding swords (first appeared in RF3) are in.
-no Classic Controller support.

EDIT:
Sorry for the confusion. I meant to say "they can marry each other". :sheep:
Last edited by cuc on Oct 21, 2010 9:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
EraTomo
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

cuc wrote:New info from Japanese sites:

Source:
Nintendo Dream magazine

-Azel and Sonia can marry.
-there is an emphasis on rhythm and combo in combat.
lolwut? RF rhythm game say what?

Azel and Sonia can marry each other, you mean?
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

cuc wrote: -no Classic Controller support.
Eh I liked using the Classic Controller but it's no big deal.
Sweet. Although I had already established (in my head) a brother-sister type relationship between them. So now that I know they can marry each other it is seems kinda weird.

(wait does that mean they can get married to each other or the marriage feature is available to both genders, but they can not marry each other.)
cuc wrote: -there will be guest characters.
So cool! I wonder who the "guest characters" will be.
Last edited by Googaboga on Oct 21, 2010 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
coolcat10189
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Source:
Nintendo Dream magazine

-there will be guest characters.
-dual swords.
It's official, I'm buying the game. :)