Otome Games

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Princess Sabrina
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Does anyone have any good suggestions for otome/dating games? I'm looking for dating games for the DS. I'm looking for a good dating/marriage game. (Besides Harvest Moon, I'm looking for something outside of HM).
Lexy Jenrex
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Does it have to be commercial?

http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&secti ... m#/d2imh4y

Spirited Heart
Fantasia- The realm of Thanatos
I think somebody posted another one some time back. Can't remember but it was also playable on Deviant art
Nurse Fin
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

^ I think it was RE:Alistair++
Short little game but it was cute.
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... =11&t=6726

Anyway, for the DS, do they have to be in English?

Because I think Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side is like, the main otome game series for the DS... Tokimemo is also considered one of the foundations of the dating sim genre, considering how often it's parodied...
Most handheld otome games are for the PSP, but some also get DS ports; I think Will O' Wisp did.
Riri_chan
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

If you're looking for the Ds, try the Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side series, they're fully voiced and is a fun way to learn japanese (that's it, when you're not to busy squeeing over what the guys says *shot*)

There are also another games like: Will O' Wisp, Hiiro no Kakera, Hakuouki, Vitamin X Evolution, and the list goes on x3
Nurse Fin
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Oh yeah, that reminds me Angelique Duet was ported to the DS. That game is really fun. But I think it will be hard to find.
Miyu
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Most of the best otome games are on the ps2/psp since they're bigger in size. Heard Hakuouki DS is on a 4GB cartridge, so it might be worth looking into. xD The PS2 ports of it were amazing, haha. Most of the ones on my mind are already said, but if you look on neoromance forums, they have whole lists of otome DS games. Public, so no need to worry about registering.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

You could try this for awhile;

http://zeiva.deviantart.com/art/Other-Age-39931316

Its a cute little dating Sim. 10 different guys, 30 endings
Icewings
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Nurse Fin wrote:^ I think it was RE:Alistair++
Short little game but it was cute.
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... =11&t=6726
Since when has there been an extended edition? I played the first version and it was cute, totally downloading <333

Princess Debut has major dating aspects and it's pretty cute, however it's really easy. D;
Princess Sabrina
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

It doesn't have to be english. I'm fine with Japanese imports. I think I'll re-look into the Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side series again. Actually I've heard that it will help people learn Japanese and I would like to brush up on it. As well as get the langauge down better. Thank you everyone for the suggestions.
Melody Muse
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

*Saves and/or downloads all the links, while squealiing* Thanks :heart: (This is why USHI is Psychic! I just began actively hunting for dating sims yesterday and was going to make a post, but viola, someone all ready did!)

But here are some games I know:
Another game with dating sim aspects is "Avalon Code". It's an save the world RPG but you can date several characters and who you choose can affect the plot (somewhat.) It's by marvelous and translated by XSeed, I believe, and out for DS. (It's a really great game, to be blunt; I really, really reccomend it.)

Otherwise I'd recommend Princess Debut as well, and there is another game by them, called Kurukuru Princess (I don't know if it has the dating aspects; the translated version in us is Imagine Figure Skating, but tbh, the translation is horrible and has so many errors...)

The Princess Maker series isn't purely a dating sim, but it does have a DS version of Princess Maker 4 (it's Japanese only sorry) and your daughter you raise can end up with several guys (or girls, in the DS version I believe? Or that might be PC version only... but I'm pretty sure it's on the DS one as well...). (For Computer, there is an abandonware English translation floating around of Princess Maker 2. It's not the "refined" version so the graphics aren't as good, but still excellent and the translation is very good.)

For computer dating sims I'd try...

Another website that has a lot of dating sims is Hanako Games. You really have to go through and pick what you want from it (some I find are very sub-par) but some are great. http://www.hanakogames.com/index.shtml

You could also try Nummyz.com if you're not picky about art. http://nummyz.com/games.html

There is a series called Touhou, apparently there are fan English translations floating around, but I can't find them. Anyway it's not only dating sims, I think it's actually some sort of space-shooter game? But it has dating sim listed as a sub category and I know they are very, very popular in Japan.

Another game in English for computer is Yo-Jin-Bo, apparently very well liked and datingsim/visuel novel ish.

P.S. I'd love to hear of more dating sim games... COmputer, PSP, DS, guys, girls, whatever... :( I'm going nuts waiting until I can finally buy Yo-Jin-Bo.
Or any Japanese ones that aren't too difficult to read? (buyable is fine too.) Maybe a bit under newspaper level...?
I'm so practicing Japanese with the ones you guys listed though. :lala:
Princess Sabrina
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Thank you Melody Muse and everyone for the suggestions. I'm currently looking into Princess Maker 4, it looks really interesting. I will probably be looking into Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side. I've heard good things about that game series.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Princess Sabrina wrote:Thank you Melody Muse and everyone for the suggestions. I'm currently looking into Princess Maker 4, it looks really interesting. I will probably be looking into Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side. I've heard good things about that game series.

Oooo I have princess maker 4!

I have the Ds version. Its a blast to play XD

Ive gotten 2 marriage endings
Riri_chan
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

Princess Sabrina wrote:Thank you Melody Muse and everyone for the suggestions. I'm currently looking into Princess Maker 4, it looks really interesting. I will probably be looking into Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side. I've heard good things about that game series.
If you're going to get the Tokimemo series, I recommend 2nd Season (cuter guys x3 and is less annoying than the first one). There's the 3rd part of the series coming out in June, so of course, get it if you can x3 since is going to be EPIC.
Nurse Fin
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yeah I also recommend 2nd season over 1st love. 2nd season has waaaaay less bombs... and I hated getting bombs... (though for the artist types, "Shiki-nyan" is sooooo much better and funnier than Chris)

I'm still at odds for the 3rd game... the gameplay looks awesome, but I don't like any of the guys, looks-wise anyway (all either not my type, or kinda scary o_o and no sensei/kouhai characters?). Chances are they will grow on me when I actually get to play, though.

The Japanese level in Tokimemo is actually pretty easy. And it's fully voiced as well, which may help with understanding.
Princess Sabrina
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Bluie wrote:

Oooo I have princess maker 4!

I have the Ds version. Its a blast to play XD

Ive gotten 2 marriage endings
Yeah, I saw a trailer for it on Youtube, and it makes me want to get it. I'll be importing this game along with RF3.