WORST HARVEST MOON GAME EVER!!!!!!!

SNES, HM64, BTN, STH, A Wonderful Life, Another Wonderful Life, AWL:SE, Magical Melody, Puzzle de HM, Tree of Tranquility, Animal Parade, Frantic Farming, Hero of Leaf Valley, My Little Shop, Seeds of Memories, Lil' Farmers, Light of Hope, Popolocrois: SoS, and Doraemon: SoS.
XxAnimeCutiexX
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

I don't think there's any really bad ones. Each game has their own pros and cons.
Mira

Post  Posted:

I really didn't care for Innocent Life. I disliked the...futuristic feel. Despite that it was on the box, I didn't think it would be so scientific and dry. The characters didn't really click with me; I can't recall but the MC and the Scientist/Doctor guy that's basically your dad. XD As I said, it felt DRY.
[StH was my first HM, so I can't ever bash it, but it is kind of an outcast. D:]
DS had far too many glitches, but I absolutely would have LOVED DS and DS Cute if they had refined it a bit more. Money was ridiculousness, glitches were everywhere, you couldn't marry Leia without having to worry about her being taken away by a typhoon [seriously Marvelous, « What The Eggplant ». That was mean. And unfair. And encouraging save/reset. D;] Also, Witch Princess. Her FIRST GAME, and if you preordered it, you couldn't marry her. That is WHY I preordered it! I was never so upset at a HM game than when for two games in a row they denied me my first choice of bride! [DS Cute had Best Friends system, and they took it out. They were dead-set on never letting me marry her!]
HarvestHarry
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

XxAnimeCutiexX wrote:I don't think there's any really bad ones. Each game has their own pros and cons.

OOOOOH no....there's definitely is a really bad one and it goes by the name of SUNSHINE ISLANDS *vomits* Ugggh, just thinking of that game makes my stomach turn. It's absolutely disgusting from head to toe - the smooshed art...the concept of having to find these obscure "stones" ( what is this - Sonic Shuffle!?!) , how obnoxiously rapid the time moves, the fact that it's such a chore to JUST get a kitchen & animals. The festivals are utter « Puppy Doodoo » ( you can't even participate in like half of them your first year)..uggh...the list goes one...and considering I haven't even played DS or IOH, I couldn't say, but if it's anything like this catastrophe, I'm sure I'd feel the same way...btw, I'm pretty notoriously known for hating this game, just search for my topic on the SI board XD
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Magical Melody! FFFFFFFFFFFFFF. D:
Alyx

Post  Posted:

I don't think there's really any "bad" HM game. Everyone has their own personal preferences/opinions.

For me, I think I disliked Save the Homeland the most. I really liked it when I got it, then was so disappointed when I beat it two days later...
Fretka
Disabled: User Name Change

Post  Posted:

IoH

Sorry but I was really tired of this game. The idea about the deserted island was good but everything else was just bleh:
- sun/water system
- the days were too short
- no random events
- crappy heart events
- the characters didn't accept my gifts if they were ignored
- no more sadness. I had a feeling that everything and everyone were so happy-go-me!
- annoying weeds. Making the field clean was impossible
and more...
Icewings
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

DS by far.

Horribly translated, so glitchy it borders on unplayable, and ugh

It's not just the NA edition, though.
-pretty much FoMT with TOUCH SCREENS AND A DIFFERENT LOCATION AND A PLOT SO IT'S TOTALLY DIFFERENT. They barely changed anything about farming or courting, and no updated graphics for j00!
-Some of the portraits are fugly, like Muffy's giant alien eyes, Nami [what happened to you, Namiiiiii ;_;], Ann, and Vesta, who went from being sort of homely to being a giant monster.
-« Snuggly Bunny » obnoxious marriage system. And no wedding outfits.
-The best brides are all impossible to win. And if you want Leia? TOO BAD, A MAGICAL TYPHOON WILL BLOW HER AWAY. :'D
^ and they include the FoMT girls, but you can't marry them and continue. « What The Eggplant »?
-You need insane amounts of money to get anything.
-Incredibly, unbelievably tedious. That's what I hate most about it. D;
crazy cat lady
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

I hated DS... DS Cute was slightly better because it was less glitchy but you still had to rescue so many sprites!!! NO!

Also, I really didn't like IoH. I hated the characters and the controls, and it's difficulty! DX

I liked MM, It had 11 different people for each gender to marry! Also, I liked how much it could be customized. However, I wish the chicken coup would have had an upgrade.

So far, my favourite has to be either AP or MFoMT. I like AP because it is new and the graphics are pretty and everything is awesome! But with MFoMT everything is so laid back and the game is really nostalgic for me.
veggiespork
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

I think I've loved every HM game I've ever played. IoH pissed me off at first, but so did MM. It seemed like there was too much to do. I got used to it and realized it's good because I never get bored with them! :heart:
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

While I agree that DS really SUCKED AT LIFE. I have to disagree that DS Cute sucked. I think DS Cute was really well done. The whole "save 60 harvest sprites to get married" thing, although very annoying, kept me playing the game for sooo long. I also loved how you could have a boy or girl child, how you could marry the Mineral Town villagers and still continue on, and how they added Skye (although I didn't marry him). Oh, it was also cool that you could play as 2 different characters, you could wear different colour outfits, and you could change design of the inside of your house. There were a lot of other things I liked too, but I'll stop now. DS Cute was a very good game. I'm not trying to start a rant or anything, just saying my oppinion. <3
SapphireBlue
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

I don't think I ever hated one, but I haven't played a lot of HM games in my life. But out of all that I played, I have to say DS was the worst. I HATED the whole 60 sprites thing, I only got up to 46 and just gave up. Not mention that it was very glitchy too. Cute was a little better, but not that great.
Kachimak
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Now that everyone mentions it,

DS & DS cute were pretty bad.

So was IoH.

Just because everything was so expensive, and in DS, you have to get all the Sprites, and you even need 60 to get married... it was like, too much for me, I played for days and I could only get 20-30 ._.

I wish the upgrade system was like AWL&ANWL's... You didn't have to pay for it, or anything~
I really enjoyed AWL for some reason o3o
Kirby =D
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I hated MM and IoH. MM's graphics and map bugged me a lot. IoH just didn't draw me in like the other games.
iowngameware
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

I never bought Innocent life so I guess I shouldn't have an opnion on it...but it looked boring.
Other than that...Island of Happiness. Lame characters, lame concept. We crash landed on an island! but it's ok because the land is magically fertile and can sustain a farm! and now it's even more ok because we have a bunch of nameless faceless souless villagers moving in!
I think I quit in the first part of summer. lame. lame. lame. Sunshine Islands had a few improvements...but...still couldn't swing those characters. mannnn. I wanted to like it so bad :(
Chaos_Azeroth
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

The first one.
That's just 'cause I did EVERYTHING I read to get the pickaxe and never did.
I wish it hadn't gotten stolen though, just 'cause I needed to beat it.