Adding more personality to a character?

SNES, HM64, BTN, STH, A Wonderful Life, Another Wonderful Life, AWL:SE, Magical Melody, Puzzle de HM, Tree of Tranquility, Animal Parade, Frantic Farming, Hero of Leaf Valley, My Little Shop, Seeds of Memories, Lil' Farmers, Light of Hope, Popolocrois: SoS, and Doraemon: SoS.
Gwenefar
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Any character in the game that doesn't seem to be very complete? They need more of a story behind their background? They seem like a flat character? What would you add to their character?

Hmm, for Will, in SI, he seems to be very flirtatious with women. I'd add something for his reason why. The least he'd say is that his father taught him to respect women well.
Lexy Jenrex
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Maria- How did she get so timid?

All AP Bachelor/ettes- About half their dialogue is them saying, "I LOVE YOU OMNONOMNOM!~<3333"

Vaughn- He needs a reason to be so anti-social. pbbt xD

Will would be ruined if they gave him depth. He's the perfect Fairy Tale Prince. xD He just needs to be 1) Good Looking 2)Charming 3)Have a white horse

He has all 3, so he's perfect. :lala:
NeverToSleep
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

LexyJenrex wrote:Vaughn- He needs a reason to be so anti-social. pbbt xD

Will would be ruined if they gave him depth. He's the perfect Fairy Tale Prince. xD He just needs to be 1) Good Looking 2)Charming 3)Have a white horse

He has all 3, so he's perfect. :lala:
Hurrhurr, I agree. Ohohoh, that was very good said, about Will. He's perfect~ <3
Gwenefar
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Vaughn is perfect! :heart:

His reasons for being anti social isn't something that he'd say "Hmm! I think I'll be anti social from now on!"

I should know because I use to be anti social. During that time, I had low self esteem. Because of that, I hardly talked to people, and tried to act tough and mean if they talked to me.

I'm still a little anti social because I'm just comfortable being by myself now.. xD I'm basically a loner.

Vaughn.. he could be anti social because he had a rough childhood... And he just has a hard time expressing his feelings, so he tries hard to hide it... Mirabelle even says he has a hard time expressing emotions when you marry him in IoH.
Nurse Fin
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Most characters in HM have very vague pasts or personality traits. There's no real mystery to be solved behind what made them the way they are (there are a few exceptions, like several of the characters in 64). Maybe it's intentional so people project themselves onto the characters... it would be more interesting to have stronger personalities and fuller backstories, though.

So I say almost all of them could do with a little more info. But it's not a requirement, it's just HM >.>
Gwenefar
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

xD Yeah! I agree! If the characters were given a more canon backstory, they'd be more interesting!
Chaos_44
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I think that the personality should be SUCKED out of the bodies of the changed characters from 64 into MT because... well MT is vat it is. BAD. oho...

I agree with 64 Maria because she's pretty much the only girl who doesn't really have a background in terms of why she's shy or whatever. I mean come on, she's the mayor's daughter. You'd THINK that she would be outspoken.

I'd also love to know more about Lyla. I mean why is she living in a place all by herself, why is she always so happy and such, why flowers?

Don't know who else. Obviously yeah everyone needs a personality boost. But those 2 I'm most interested in off of the top of my head.
PeachyTree
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

We should make up back stories for the characters. Short ones though, or else they turn into fanfics. : P
Lexy Jenrex
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

@Gwen:There is a difference between being anti-social and shy. :bunny:
YOU are shy. If you wre anti-social you wouldn't be hanging around here on Ushi. Vaughn, is anti-social.

And ooh Lyla, I want to know why she always smile. That's just... cool. xD
Gwenefar
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

xD Well, actually! I socialize with people now, but in real life, I prefer being by myself... LOL!
Tripple
Disabled: By request

Post  Posted:

All I have to say is...Vaughn needs a reason to be anti-social. Once again, it could be my whole, "I'm a guy and don't see what half the HM loving population" sees in him vendetta against him, but I just think he needs more of a reason. Besides that, I'm not much of a critic, so I'm pretty much fine with the rest of the characters.
Gwenefar
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

TrippleJ wrote:All I have to say is...Vaughn needs a reason to be anti-social. Once again, it could be my whole, "I'm a guy and don't see what half the HM loving population" sees in him vendetta against him, but I just think he needs more of a reason. Besides that, I'm not much of a critic, so I'm pretty much fine with the rest of the characters.
Well, I think his reason for being anti social is just more psychological. What occurred in his life caused him to be this way.

He had a rough childhood, so he learned to depend more on himself, thus he doesn't like talking to people... Which means he's anti social.
Last edited by Gwenefar on Mar 02, 2010 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bubbleosity
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Most of the MM characters need more tang!
Tripple
Disabled: By request

Post  Posted:

I see your point Gwenny! I tend to not really pay attention to most of the guys as much because well...I'm not really marrying them, lol. But perhaps you're right, it sounds like something that could perhaps be psychological. But, I'm no doctor or therapist, so I don't really know, lol.
NitroZem

Post  Posted:

Wada's tribe has a bit of a back story but i'm intrested in why Wada speaks how he does with the long pauses while Shea does not :/

and Lanna's career as a one hit wonder...what happend? (I havent become good friends with her yet though in SI or IoH for the matter)