Adding more personality to a character?

SNES, HM64, BTN, STH, A Wonderful Life, Another Wonderful Life, AWL:SE, Magical Melody, Puzzle de HM, Tree of Tranquility, Animal Parade, Frantic Farming, Hero of Leaf Valley, My Little Shop, Seeds of Memories, Lil' Farmers, Light of Hope, Popolocrois: SoS, and Doraemon: SoS.
Curimuch
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

The Gill story is official as well as the picture that accompanies it. I also agree with Chaos_44
Nurse Fin
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Gil's just one of the most popular characters, that's probably why he gets his own story? :P

There are also stories about the rival kids (one with Angie/Heath/Lucy/Roy and another with Vivian/Van/Dakota/whathisface), a story about how the Witch and Wizard first met, one about the « Harvest Goddess »/Goddess, one about Pascal's youth on the seas, a story about "your" children, Chase/Maya-ish story told through Shelly and Yolanda, Taylor's business endeavors, Harper/Raksha(no idea of his english name..)/Cain/Dale talking at the bar, and another story from Dale's perspective.

But I only translated the first 3. I don't know if/when I'll finish the rest.

I do wish there were more. These stories are kinda interesting, some more so than others, but still interesting.
StarOfDream
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Gwenefar wrote:=P I was only talking about SI needing some complete families.

They have NONE! A father or a mother is always missing.
Agreed! There is never really a family of 3 apart from you, your husband and your child.

Sabrina should be a bit more silent type if she is Vaughn's rival. And Denny should have be saying teenager words like: 'Sup? or Coolio because if he is casual, he should be a bit more carefree in his lauguage.
Curimuch
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

If Sabrina was silent, her and Vaughn wouldn't get anywhere.
Also I'm very carefree but I don't use very casual words all the time :P
StarOfDream
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Curimuch wrote:If Sabrina was silent, her and Vaughn wouldn't get anywhere.
Oh well, it's just my style.
Gwenefar
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Curimuch wrote:If Sabrina was silent, her and Vaughn wouldn't get anywhere.
They actually might, but it would probably be slower progress... >.>;
Lexy Jenrex
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Vaughn never get's to be with Sabrina considering all the fangirls anyway. xD -shot-

So the families are too big? Eeeeh... I kind of like the large amount of villagers. It makes it more lively.
Gwenefar
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

=P And more friends to pick in the game.
Curimuch
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Most of the characters in AP seemed void despite the sheer number of them, I actually blame the fact that there were so many, as well "WOOOAAAHH 20 HEARTS, but they're the worst of the hearts!" thing made other characters even more shells. It didn't balance out.
FruitsofSummer
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

I find it relatively funny how repetitive the characters are. While I realize that the scripts are the same from day to day for a reason, I get a kick out of giving someone a loved gift and them saying "How did you know I liked this?". Answer: "I gave it to you yesterday..."

But the personalities in AP seem so removed. It's almost like they're all secretly the same person, but not really.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Auroralights wrote:Especially in RF. None of the families are whole. You have a mother, or a father. AND THAT"S IT. O.o Maybe in RFF and RF3, but I haven't played that.

Oh, I forgot to say that the pic with Gill and his mother is beautiful. :)
In Rune Factory 3 also there aren't any complete families. And some of them also live without parents but with grandmas/grandpas.
Longgonedaydreaming2
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I wonder why Natalie is the way she is, and who was the *#%!@^ who left maribel a single mom? what about Felica? how come taro didn't rip out the heart of the man that left her?
PeachyTree
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

Um, I think Felicia's husband died.
Curimuch
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Felicia's husband died after Natalie was born.

The only parent with a confirmed divorce was Regis. The wife left him and still communicates with Sabrina.
PeachyTree

Post  Posted:

I wonder what happened with Chen's wife?