Weird things you've noticed about ToT...

SNES, HM64, BTN, STH, A Wonderful Life, Another Wonderful Life, AWL:SE, Magical Melody, Puzzle de HM, Tree of Tranquility, Animal Parade, Frantic Farming, Hero of Leaf Valley, My Little Shop, Seeds of Memories, Lil' Farmers, Light of Hope, Popolocrois: SoS, and Doraemon: SoS.
Lily<3
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

it was. in the japanese version, it was a major part of the dialogue. I don't think you collected ingredients for rainbows, I think you collected ingredients for baumkuchen.

Nurse Fin knows more about it.
Religioux
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Very interesting! It definetely makes more sense to collect the ingredients for the cake, and not the rainbow itself. Although I have to say, a cake with fish, herbs, yam and seashell in it (Darren's recipe) doesn't sound terribly appetizing...:o
SilverLunar
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

Religioux wrote:Very interesting! It definetely makes more sense to collect the ingredients for the cake, and not the rainbow itself. Although I have to say, a cake with fish, herbs, yam and seashell in it (Darren's recipe) doesn't sound terribly appetizing...:o
While that is true, how about we look at the cake as something else. In the poem they talk about how nature (the sea, sky, ect) is troubled or whatever. We could look at the ingredients to be for "nature" rather than our tummys :)
ChiCowDuckMan
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

Weird things, like Maya's parents seemingly forgetting she's married? Soon after I married her, Chase showed up and Maya's mother told him "Maya is upstairs!" as if she was suggesting something...never even mind the fact the in-game tracking system clearly showed her as being at Souffle Farm and not the upstairs floor of Sundae Inn XO
HMSS_lover
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Weird thing about marriage in ToT:
The parents never really say that their happy you married their son/daughter... O_o They just say "I heard you got married. Congratulations!" same thing for a baby. XD
Lily<3
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

when it snows, you still have to water your crops.
Koneko Mizuki
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

Animals stay outside even during typhoons. Poor little Chiyuki~! D: She's all stuck in the rain~

Sheep grow almost as big as you, where as in real life, the biggest sheep I'd ever seen only went up to my ribs at its head. D:

Whereas in old games, when chickens felt normal they laid eggs, my chickens seem to be drama queens and lay eggs when they feel like it.

I still don't know what the hell the last icon is on the Loading screen. Is that a silkworm?

I've caught more shorts than there were people on the island.
HMSS_lover
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Got another one to do with the chicken coop:

You can't fill up all the feed spots.

[ ]
[X]
[ ]

If you fill in the middle slot you can't get the two surrounding it.

OR:
[X]
[ ]
[X]

If you fill in the two sides you can't put any feed on the middle one.

I just thought that was weird. Honestly, I'm not upgrading to level 2 chicken coop because Chickens/Ducks are so much of a hassle to feed when it snows/rains...

@Koneko Mizuki: The last icon is a skull of a dead animal. xD
Kaud
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

Here are some things I noticed:

Whenever you ride your Ostritch it always have its mouth open. The Ostritch has one strand of hair on its bald head and it moves when you ride it.

The animals are kept in small stalls in the barn. How do they even move?

The horse looks fat

Even though its Spring or Summer you still could wear the wool hat and its like bright and sunny

and the penguin lives on the beach
Blue~Baby~Silver99
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

-Yolanda had a standing box in her kitchen
-the rival children are stereo typed by nearly everyone(Jin and Anissa's baby for example, nearly everyone said "that's gonna be one smart kid"
-apparently someone got bored and placed high priced objects all over the island
-how did the stalk-navigator thing get there anyway?
-can someone make a guess as to what the most dangerous part of the game is?(high five to the first person to get it)
-some wild animals have little nests(the white rabbit and turtle)the also walk near there at night
Mizuru007
Banned: Tasteless Posting

Post  Posted:

Blue~Baby~Silver99 wrote:-Yolanda had a standing box in her kitchen
-the rival children are stereo typed by nearly everyone(Jin and Anissa's baby for example, nearly everyone said "that's gonna be one smart kid"
-apparently someone got bored and placed high priced objects all over the island
-can someone make a guess as to what the most dangerous part of the game is?(high five to the first person to get it)
-some wild animals have little nests(the white rabbit and turtle)the also walk near there at night
Most dangerous?
-Passing out at the bottom of a 200+ level mine.
-Trying to befriend a bear.
-Hamilton's seal clap.
-Catching sharks and putting them in your RUCKSACK.
-Working at a blacksmiths with NO prior training.
-Befriending wild animals that may have rabies.
AM I CLOSE?!
HMSS_lover
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

If we were talking about Animal March then I would say that riding a hippo was the most dangerous. And just digging that far down into a mine is dangerous. In HMDS digging down to floor 65535 or whatever would kill you due to lack of air and being that far down passed the crust of the Earth...
EraTomo
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

Religioux wrote:I just realized this. You know the Shining Baumkuchen at the bottom of the Gelato Mine? Well, I took German for five or so years, and I just realized that this literally means, tree cake. How weird is that? Baum in German = tree, and kuchen = cake. Very odd...wonder if it was intentional?
-slaps face- I can't believe I didn't notice that!
Iron Thorn
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Koneko Mizuki wrote:Animals stay outside even during typhoons. Poor little Chiyuki~! D: She's all stuck in the rain~

Sheep grow almost as big as you, where as in real life, the biggest sheep I'd ever seen only went up to my ribs at its head. D:

Whereas in old games, when chickens felt normal they laid eggs, my chickens seem to be drama queens and lay eggs when they feel like it.

I still don't know what the hell the last icon is on the Loading screen. Is that a silkworm?

I've caught more shorts than there were people on the island.
These chickens are just spoiled, amirite? Whereas it used to take being outside during icky weather or not getting fed to piss them off, these divas get grumpy over the fact that it's raining AT ALL, even though they're snug in their coop and their long-suffering caretaker feeds them first thing in the morning.

And maybe some people just have extra shorts...?
Blue~Baby~Silver99
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Mizuru007 wrote:
Blue~Baby~Silver99 wrote:-Yolanda had a standing box in her kitchen
Most dangerous?
-Passing out at the bottom of a 200+ level mine.
-Trying to befriend a bear.
-Hamilton's seal clap.
-Catching sharks and putting them in your RUCKSACK.
-Working at a blacksmiths with NO prior training.
-Befriending wild animals that may have rabies.
AM I CLOSE?!

kinda but think more around the Gelato mine area
-another thing i thought up, why is it that some mornings you recive a decent lunch box and other times you get a shining lunch box? :wink: :wink: