when does the game really ENDS?

Harvest Moon: More Friends of Mineral Town for Gameboy Advance. [ Game Guide ]
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

when does the game ends? by year 50?? or even it has an end? i'm sorry if this have been asked by someone else i just couldnt find it anywhere, i'm just too curious because i don't want it to end by year 50 and have to restart a whole new file.. =/
thedarkeggplant
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Well, the credits show once you get married, which basically everyone strives for... But no, you could play HM your whole life, and it would go on forever, but by that point you'll be sick of it and it'll probably end up on eBay so another person can enjoy it.
Autumn_Song
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

It never ends, but the years stop going up after 255. You can still play afterwards, though. And nobody ages. I think Edward Cullen might've gotten to them all, except they lack sparkle.
Eris_24
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Autumn_Song wrote:It never ends, but the years stop going up after 255. You can still play afterwards, though. And nobody ages. I think Edward Cullen might've gotten to them all, except they lack sparkle.
255 yeeeeears? o~o Oh my « Harvest Goddess »... I like Harvest Moon and all, don't get me wrong, but I don't think I'd have the patients to ever make it that far...
Lilangel
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

You can specify goals for yourself, and when they're done, you can say you finished the game. For example, the super-expensive house you can purchase with several Million G at some point, that was my goal. Never made it there, since I stopped playing, but I was on my way. Yay for Won exploiting!
luph n joii
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Playing for 255 years is just too much (unless you're really obsessed into the game). My target is to play until my 50th wedding anniversary to unlock the mountain cottage, since I've done anything that could be done. I got married on year 6, so it means I have to play until year 56 to get it and I'm nowhere near that goal (year 10 now and stop playing).

I need to pick up my MFoMT again. :<
Canadian_Harvest
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Autumn_Song wrote:It never ends, but the years stop going up after 255. You can still play afterwards, though. And nobody ages. I think Edward Cullen might've gotten to them all, except they lack sparkle.
Are you sure it is year 225? I was almost certain that it was year 200, as in FOMT.
dyll
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

year 255 wow that's alot
boxerlover25
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

Anonymous Fish wrote:when does the game ends? by year 50?? or even it has an end? i'm sorry if this have been asked by someone else i just couldnt find it anywhere, i'm just too curious because i don't want it to end by year 50 and have to restart a whole new file.. =/
Have you ever made it to year 50??? It doesn't end then, but even if it did that would still be plenty of playing time, and most people, no matter how much they love Harvest Moon, don't get that far!
pshycho
Disabled: By request

Post  Posted:

The game ends when I get bored and have the desire to play Pokemon again
dyll
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

now that's a good reason
Canadian_Harvest
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

boxerlover25 wrote:
Anonymous Fish wrote:when does the game ends? by year 50?? or even it has an end? i'm sorry if this have been asked by someone else i just couldnt find it anywhere, i'm just too curious because i don't want it to end by year 50 and have to restart a whole new file.. =/
Have you ever made it to year 50??? It doesn't end then, but even if it did that would still be plenty of playing time, and most people, no matter how much they love Harvest Moon, don't get that far!

I know right, even if your a true HM addict you probably wont make it to the end of the game sady, play until you feel bored then new file :) Personally, year 23 was enough for me
Jakylina Hyena7734
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

pshycho wrote:The game ends when I get bored and have the desire to play Pokemon again
so true, so true :lol: or you just cant stand it anymore and have to start over your hm game to marry someone else :P
boxerlover25
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

Canadian_Harvest wrote:
boxerlover25 wrote:

I know right, even if your a true HM addict you probably wont make it to the end of the game sady, play until you feel bored then new file :) Personally, year 23 was enough for me
Yeah, I mean you might start it and think you'll go on forever, but HM always reaches a point (after marriage) where things start to slow down and the game would just be more fun to restart from the beginning
TheFriendlyUnicorn
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I'm pretty sure that the years stop being counted after year 255, like everyone else said. But I remember reading somewhere that you get a letter in your mailbox on your 200th year. I'm not entirely sure though and nobody seems to have played far enough to know what it says :P