Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley Info Thread(Last Update 10/22)

The first mainline Harvest Moon game developed by Natsume. Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = None. NA release = Nov 2014. EU release = Jun 2015.
Harvest Moon kawaii
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

RopeMaidenKirie wrote:
Getaris wrote:

Tony comfirmed as bachelor.
I can't stop looking at his feet lol.

I hope he doesn't use ellipses all the time. I loved Wizard, but I couldn't deal with it ~_~
Those are his socks, silly. And the sandals.
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'm pretty sure he's not wearing socks--unless they are flesh colored socks the same color as his skin everywhere else.
Kross lover/fan
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

^
They actually do make flesh colored socks but you can still tell that there socks. But I have to agree with you, he just has some strange feet, no socks. :/
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

They are just model-realistic feet. Since feet are such a minor part of the character model, video game characters usually end up with "toeless feet" when they are not wearing shoes or socks.

His art simply imitates his in-game model.

Yes it looks odd, but socks with sandals?
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Getaris wrote:
Yes it looks odd, but socks with sandals?
Yes? Tabi with Geta/Zori shoes is a very traditional Japanese style, which is what I'm assuming they were going for for his design.
Spoiler:
I'd rather him be wearing Tabi, but whatever. It's their design, they can do whatever they want.
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

It would be kinda funny if it turned out he's actually wearing that kind of underwear that is like pants that end in socks (can't remember the name) or long stockings, in flesh color.

"I's like I'm wearing nothing at all!... Nothing at all!... Nothing at all!..."
luph n joii
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

^It's called pantyhose. Recently men's pantyhose (or mantyhose as they call it) seems gaining popularity. But flesh colored mantyhose is...nope. No offense to those who like it, though.

I'd just pretend they are badly drawn feet or socks/zori. A mantyhose wearing blacksmith is just too strange.
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Those!

They are very popular with fishermen here, they apparently give their skin a great deal of protection.

Anyway, it seems CeeCee talked with the game director about our opinions and concerns on the game. Particularly one of mine, namely that she said that due to the automatic A-button thing it was impossible to get rid of growing crops.

It seems they will now make it so that you can delete/till over crops (with a confirmation) in the edit menu, and possibly fruit trees too.

It's pretty awesome they are reading us and resolving these small complaints. Now I'll totally be in the credits (not really).
juri-puff
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

He looks kinda cute >w<

And yeah the editing thing is a nice addition.
ILikeStrawberries
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Getaris wrote:Those!

They are very popular with fishermen here, they apparently give their skin a great deal of protection.

Anyway, it seems CeeCee talked with the game director about our opinions and concerns on the game. Particularly one of mine, namely that she said that due to the automatic A-button thing it was impossible to get rid of growing crops.

It seems they will now make it so that you can delete/till over crops (with a confirmation) in the edit menu, and possibly fruit trees too.

It's pretty awesome they are reading us and resolving these small complaints. Now I'll totally be in the credits (not really).
I thought she said there was no way to get rid of them. Must've missed something. Link, please?
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

CandyCoatedCute
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

New villager. I'm not exactly impressed by the fact that both sample lines are in broken english.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

CandyCoatedCute wrote:
New villager. I'm not exactly impressed by the fact that both sample lines are in broken english.
CeeCee mentioned in a couple places that's deliberate. It's how he talks as an immigrant.
CandyCoatedCute
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

Anonymous Fish wrote:
CandyCoatedCute wrote:
CeeCee mentioned in a couple places that's deliberate. It's how he talks as an immigrant.
It still seems overdone. He referred to himself in the third person, something that usually comes across as degrading.
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

It is a stereotype, yes. But it happens that way in real life.

He is a full grown man with a supposedly very strict and proud personality. He never bothered learning proper English because he has never needed to, he gets by with the limited vocabulary he has managed to learn.

Imagine yourself speaking to a foreigner, talking slowly and with simplified sentences to make sure they understand you. That's how Brutus talks to you.

Hopefully it won't be over-done in-game.