Tale of Two Towns Fishing Guide

Nintendo DS and Nintendo 3DS [ Game Guide ]
fushigi01
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

The Blue Crabs can be caught in Bluebell handfishing area, but only at the same time period as the Crabs.
This goes for the small blue crabs as well.

And I caught them during Summer, but I don't know if they're exclusive to the season.

EDIT:
The small Eels can be caught through handfishing also, but I don't remember which handfishing spot and what season. I only caught it once.
norelationstojfk
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

fushigi01 wrote:The Blue Crabs can be caught in Bluebell handfishing area, but only at the same time period as the Crabs.

And I caught them during Summer, but I don't know if they're exclusive to the season.

EDIT:
The small Eels can be caught through handfishing also, but I don't remember which handfishing spot and what season. I only caught it once.
Thanks, your information was added to the guide :)
Gill_Akari_Hikari.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Letter in a Bottle: Handfishing( Bluebella steam) I can't remember what weather I got them either Rain or Typhoon.
Small Coin: Handfishing( Bluebella steam)
FarononStarWolf
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I caught a Mackerel in Winter with the Fishing Rod, but I can't remember where or when. It was during a blizzard, though.
Honeybadger
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Gill_Akari_Hikari. wrote:Letter in a Bottle: Handfishing( Bluebella steam) I can't remember what weather I got them either Rain or Typhoon.
Small Coin: Handfishing( Bluebella steam)
Letter in Bottles are caught during typhoons (I got 4 of em. >_> )
Small coins can also be found by jumping into deep water... but at a low rate I think.
norelationstojfk
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Just going to leave a note here that I may not be able to actively tend to this over the remainder of the weekend. I have to play catch-up with my classes.
Mahasuchi
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

fushigi01 wrote:The Blue Crabs can be caught in Bluebell handfishing area, but only at the same time period as the Crabs.

EDIT:
I think the small eels can only be caught during the evening or later. I caught one in the bluebell stream in the large pond area and it was pretty late in the day. You can probably do the same in the Konohana area. Eels are pretty popular in Japanese cuisine and Yun once gave me a small eel as a reward for a request, so I would be surprised if you couldn't find them there.

EDIT:
You can get them in the Konohana stream on the lower right end. Also, I think they only appear at night. I just caught one around 7pm. Also, blue crabs aren't exclusive to bluebell, you can find them in the pond area in Konohana stream.
Lhassa
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Day:winter 11 & 12
Time: 12-2 pm and 10pm- 1 am
Weather:light or no snow
Rod: regular
Place: upper bluebell pnd
Fish: smelt

Just thought you should know that smelt are in fact available through rod fishing in the winter. I think that they are only available at the one pond on the bluebell side of the upper mountain.
Jazzrat
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Large black bass can be caught during winter with master rod @ bluebell high mountain.
Large trout in fall and winter with master rod @ bluebell high and konohana upper waterfall.

Flounder in winter, blizzard @ konohana upper waterfall with master rod.

Special salmon is caught in fall with master rod.
Large snakehead in summer with master.rod.
chuoqiu
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Just wanted to say thanks for the guide, it really helped me. :D
Lunadora
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Day: Spring 31
Time: 6 - 10 pm
Weather: Sunny
Rod: Fishing Rod
Place: Konohana River - Konohana High Mountain
Fish: Small Salmon, Goby x4, Trout, Black Bass, Icefish, Trout, Shishamo x2, Sweetfish

So, I found like... 3 "new" fish at Kono River. Sorry it was my last spring day, I didn't think about fishing there till the last day.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Sorry the format isn't correct, but all the information you requested is here... kind of a big infodump. I'll bold the fish with missing information for you. :)

Winter 3rd, Konohana River, Night, Sunny Day, Master Rod
Large Trout 2x, Goby 3x, Black Bass 5x, Large Smelt 2x

Winter 4th, Bluebell Pond, Night, Snowy/Sunny Day (Clear night), Master Rod
Large Trout, Goby 6x, Large Black Bass 3x, Black Bass 2x, Shishamo

Winter 6th, Upper Waterfall, Night, Sunny/Snowy Day (Snowy Night), Normal Rod
Shishamo, Special Shishamo 2x, Goby 3x, Black Bass 4x

Winter 7th, Konohana River, Night, Sunny Day, Master Rod
Large Sweetfish 6x, Large Smelt 3x, Goby 5x, Large Trout 2x, Shishamo, Black Bass

Winter 10th, Upper Waterfall, Night, Snowy Day, Normal Rod
Black Bass 3x, Special Shishamo 3x, Goby 2x, Shishamo 2x

Winter 11th, Lower Waterfall, Night, Blizzard, Master Rod
Shishamo 3x, Flounder 2x, Moray Eel 4x, Black Bass 3x, Goby 2x

I'm hoping for a few more blizzards. If I get any and catch any more ocean fish, I'll make sure to post. :lala:
norelationstojfk
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Wow, thanks everyone. The guide's looking really good thanks to all your hard work!

I'm going to list here (and on the original post) which fish are still in need of data.

There are 7 fish which still have no information about them
  • Large Eel
  • Large Icefish
  • Large Sea Bass
  • Large Loach
  • Small Black Bass
  • Large Bluegill
  • Giant Huchen
There are 9 fish which are missing some bits of information
  • Eel - Method
  • Small Eel - Seasons
  • Small Bluegill - Location, Method
  • Large Snakehead - Location
  • Bonito - Location, Method
  • Tuna - Location, Method
  • Ocean Sunfish - Location, Method
  • Dogfish Shark - Location, Method
  • Mackerel - Location
If you know you have caught one of these fish before, look them up in your fish info section and see if there's any hint towards what seasons they're caught in, where they're located, or what kind of weather they show up in.

And if anyone has given this information before...I'm sorry that I missed it :( It's been a lot of data entry for me in the last 24 hours, so I may have let something slip from my tired brain :lol:
Last edited by norelationstojfk on Oct 01, 2011 1:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Origon
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Small Snakehead - while I cannot remember the seasons and time exactly, i'm tempted to say either summer or fall (or both), eveningish (i haven't fished before 3pm in either season). As for location - I have caught many of them at the south pier on konohana mid-mountain (not the waterfall dock, below it). Method used was the regular rod.
Lucaspontes
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I can say that Large Char, Eel, Sea Bass, Funa and Large Funa can be found in Spring.