Bazaar Price Glitch?

Nintendo DS [ Game Guide ]
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I'm in year 1, Summer. Growing corn for some easy capital. First time they sold, things were dandy. A nice, 640g per bag. Made a cool 20k (half what was needed for the profit goal at the time).

It's the last bazaar of the summer, I have a good stockpile of popcorn ready to go. I open up the sale menu and... 40g? ...wat?

Resetting didn't clear it up. Trying to sell to Raul confirmed that it was going for only 40g (he offered 25g). My corn was 1.5 stars and my popcorn was 2 stars. 40g should be impossible.

I couldn't find any similar occurrences with a search. If it helps, I was in Multiplay before I did the bazaar (had too many crops to harvest on the day of the bazaar). Has anyone experienced something similar? If so, is there a fix, or something I should do to avoid a repeat of this?
Zombie
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

How fresh was the popcorn?
Zaza
Disabled: By request

Post  Posted:

Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Half of it I harvested and cooked four days before the bazaar. The other half I just cooked immediately after finishing multiplay. They were both Super Fresh, at 2 stars.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Maybe popcorn is one of those cooked items that sells for less than the orriginal product. *shrugs*
Zombie
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Anonymous Fish wrote:Maybe popcorn is one of those cooked items that sells for less than the orriginal product. *shrugs*
Nah popcorn sells for 700+
Thats weird, no idea.
LightHawKnight
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

Anonymous Fish wrote:Maybe popcorn is one of those cooked items that sells for less than the orriginal product. *shrugs*
No, popcorn cooked is worth 780g, its worth a lot more than uncooked corn.
Cherubae
UNoT Dictator
UNoT Dictator

Post  Posted:

There are two factors that determine an item's sell price; the star quality rank AND its freshness. If it is beginning to rot, you will earn less for it.

(max price)
Super Fresh!
Fairly Fresh
Not so Fresh
Getting bad
It's rotten...
(rotten)

Some items do not rot, such as ores, bugs, and the like.

It's almost like the popcorn may of been at the "getting bad" stage but yet displaying "super fresh".
LightHawKnight

Post  Posted:

I am not sure its a freshness problem, since if you cook it, it becomes super fresh again, i remember cooking a not so fresh shiitake mushroom and it became a super fresh steamed mushrooms. Unless of course the TC cooked and then stored, but still it would take weeks to lower freshness by a lot, unless of course it was in the rucksack.
Cherubae
UNoT Dictator
UNoT Dictator

Post  Posted:

According to one of the Japanese guides...

Popcorn (base) is 500 G.

2 stars = 1.6, so 500 x 1.6 = 800

Super Fresh! = x1 multiplier
Fairly Fresh = x.8
Not so Fresh = x.6
Getting bad = x.3
It's rotten... = x.0

Buy at a villager's shop = x1
Sell at your bazaar booth = x.8
Sell to a villager's shop = x.5

So one would expect to get 800 x Super Fresh x booth = 640 G

Even if it was getting bad, at the bazaar you would expect to get 190 G for it. Even a 1 star Getting Bad should at least fetch 140 G.

There must be some other calculation in there or a display problem that is making popcorn sell for 40 G. Perhaps multi-player somehow mysteriously affected it.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I have time for one more corn harvest before Fall. I'll see if it's still displaying 40g or if it's been "fixed" back to its usual price during the next bazaar.

I'll also avoid multiplay, though I have no idea if that will effect anything or not. I'll update once I get to that point.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Okay, an update. The price seems to be back to normal now. I have no clue whether it was a one time thing, or a display problem, and I can't test if multiplay had an effect or not (since the money from the popcorn is funding my Fall crops, and I rather not risk seeing it go back to 40g a bag). I'm not even sure why it only targeted my popcorn while leaving all my other items alone.

I don't know what the trigger is, and though I hope no one ever has to experience this weird glitch, I'm a bit wary of accidentally triggering it again. Can anyone who can repeat the circumstances, encounter this glitch, and test out exactly how to trigger it?
Anonymous Tuna
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I think it is a glitch. In fact it happened to me too once the other day. I had about 90 radishes, with 2 four-star radish soup and 4 four-and-a-half radish soup. Went to the bazaar expecting a nice profit, only to be shocked to see that my radishes only sell for 20G each. Then the 4 and a half star radishes are priced at 40G each, while the 4 star ones sold for about 1k! I resetted the day several times to no effect. All of the radishes are harvested on the same day (I planted two whole fields of them) and cooked a day before the bazaar. Come to think of it even my cucumbers are also underpriced that day.

The prices went back to normal the next week though, thankfully.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

@Anonymous Tuna
Did you happen to use Wifi too? o-o
I have no idea if it's related, but since the OP mentioned it earlier, thought I might as well ask.
Anonymous Tuna
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Oh forgot to mention that I did not multiplay anywhere near the harvesting time, and this happened during the first bazaar of Summer in year 2.