What is with my cat?

Nintendo DS [ Game Guide ]
Aemi
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

So my cat has been diligently moving in and out 4 chickens at the same time every day.
Suddenly for no apparent reason, he stopped caring. He will sleep in past chicken-outside time, barely makes chicken-inside time (opting to sleep in the roof instead of doing his job) and will only touch two chickens.... assuming he wants to touch any at all! Some days he abandoned the chickens altogether and horsed around in the basement or the fields all day!
I play with him every day, make sure his food is always full up, pet and talk to him regularly... I don't know what his issue is all of a sudden!

Maybe he's jealous that I got a dog :?:
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Yeahhh, it kind of seems like they programmed cats to act...like actual cats...

I've noticed they're not as reliable or punctual as the dogs are, but generally they do their jobs most of the time. That said, I made it a habit to check on my animals in the evening to make sure all the chickens got fed. Most likely their reliability goes up with hearts and/or training. But yeah, cats are weird.
LAGEN
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Dogs are doing that too sometimes. My dogs took out eight and sometimes put six back.
My cats are very punctual. From all the time I've been playing, there's only one time my cats didn't put the chickens back to the barn.
Cats don't take chickens out when it's snowing, unlike dogs. Maybe that's why?