EverWonder

Nintendo DS [ Game Guide ]
Misti Rose
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Why in most of the handheld HM games [except DS/Cute], you're the ONLY rancher supporting the whole town/island? Everyone else is either a shop keeper..or lounger. urgh. I want some farmhands! Wish we could hire the cute boys/girls to work on our farms.. and simultaneously flirt with them. haha XP
LemonKitty
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

Or the random sub-villagers. Make them useful for something. Some of them ARE farmers after all...

In the next HM for DS game, there's one screenshot that looks like people helping out with the farm. But it's too early to know for sure.
Whirlybat
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

SERIOUSLY!
Like in Back to Nature: for Girl, where Gray came to work on his tools at my house and he weeded my yard :3 I died from the sweetness.
It would be so sexy if Vaughn and all the other sexy boys came and worked, with no shirts on! XDDDD
Misti Rose
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

OHMAIGOOSH. *drools*

XD such a sweet fantasy! alas, not true. Even the other "ranchers" are just here to WATCH you work. [uhh]

And the DS game with "help on the farm" is only through wifi, i think..where you can have other people visit your farm and hang out :0..so iono how much you could actually do o.O
Ardic Encryption
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

At least they thank you for it, if not...*takes out shotgun* :!:
immeyourenot
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I don't know about anyone else but personally I'm a little glad I'm the only farmer. Monopoly poooower goooo!

Seriously, I should have like, all the villagers grovelling down on their knees, begging me to provide them with food so that they can survive the year. :/
Melody Muse
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Bah, if it gets you down that you are the only power source, plant lots of grass and have a fishing pole. Self-sufficiency for a year! That'll show 'em! Actually, it's comical, because I think most people would leave, so then you'd be "starving them off."
Inept_with_Tools
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

I'm kind of glad because it isn't like you're always competing with Vesta and hearing about how her farm is the best. Vesta had a bit of an annoying ego too at festivals. It'd be nice if the spouses actually did stuff again. I can't remember which version it was, but I'm sure I'm not the only one that remembers when your wife would help water your crops or feed your livestock. Unless you married I think it was Karen who did nothing. It'd be really, really nice if spouses helped out again.
AcalaRae
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

HM64. If you married Karen she'd work she'd occasionally break an egg, but you would be paid for it anyway.
Inept_with_Tools
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

Oh, that's right. I think I usually married Popuri or Elli in that version, assuming I'm remembering the names right. That was a fun one.
Kuroryu
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

immeyourenot wrote: Seriously, I should have like, all the villagers grovelling down on their knees, begging me to provide them with food so that they can survive the year. :/
I bet that Chen or Taro, whoever ships your items actually steals some of it to give to the other villagers. Where does the cafe and diner get their ingredients?! I think that Wada, Shea, and Pierre are the only ones that feed themselves. Pierre does go out looking for stuff
immeyourenot
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Kuroryu wrote:
immeyourenot wrote: Seriously, I should have like, all the villagers grovelling down on their knees, begging me to provide them with food so that they can survive the year. :/
I bet that Chen or Taro, whoever ships your items actually steals some of it to give to the other villagers. Where does the cafe and diner get their ingredients?! I think that Wada, Shea, and Pierre are the only ones that feed themselves. Pierre does go out looking for stuff
Of course! Curses, you're right, that little bald midget is stealing all my farm produce! I knew my eggs & milk should be worth more! Next time I'm going to put a poisonous mushroom in the fall harvest stew & see how they like that! Just a shame it can't be a level 100 one... T.T
CourtiSherard
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

Ya. I'm the only farmer, yet everyone is fed. I only ship like 30 crops a season........they must not eat much home cooked food. They must go to the diner a lot. And i was really happy when some sub villager was like "you built all these roads yourself? Impressive." Yes, i did, because noone else cares T_T
xion6789
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Yea, like they said, at least it means there isnt anyone competing with you.
I remember hating the constant competition with Jamie in MM. In your inventory it would tell you who sold more each day, and until you got good and were able to support a lot of crops/animals, you would have a little Jamie face in the corner of your inventory. :roll:
Replica
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Whirlybat wrote: It would be so sexy if Vaughn and all the other sexy boys came and worked, with no shirts on! XDDDD
Win.
I'd have a seizure.
But only if it was in their character art when they talk.
Shirtless sprites would kind of.. scare me. ;__; XD

But it would be nice if people actually helped out.
Everything is always on us. Sheesh.