Water and Light Crop Requirement Guide

Nintendo DS [ Game Guide ]
Misti Rose
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

how do we request a sticky? Mods? or thru Cher... :DD this needs to be stickied!
Alumia
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

I have no clue, really. XD
Felyt
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Really helpful. Thanks a lot. ^^
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I just wonder:

2nd stage for Apple, should it be 30 days instead of 10 days?

Seed: 9 days
1st Stage: 12 days
2nd Stage: 10 days or 30 days?
3rd Stage: 3 days
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

The Max days, is that means after the crops harvest, like for Turnips, don't let the Turnips stay on the vine for more then 10 days? & pick them before they exceeds 20 Sunlight & 10 Water?
ariinya
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Wonderful guide, but I'm still unsure on certain factors. Does the "water level" lower again day by day? Or is it just, if it reaches the minimum but does NOT exceed the maximum within the next growth cycle, it grows?

Could I, say, water my crops twice in one day (if the forecast for tomorrow isn't rainy) to get my turnips up to the minimum 2 water level? If I'm unlucky and there's no sunshine, will the water remain at 2 until the point where I get the necessary sunshine points?

Gyah... so many questions, I know...! Let's say, I'm in the beginning of the game with my first turnips, and make a 9x9 plot of land... could I water the middle one in advance, taking into account the weather, to make it sprout at the same time as the others? Though I guess the water level would reset at sprout stage, even if I watered it 3 or 4 times in a day.... hmm!
Alumia
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Anonymous Fish wrote:I just wonder:

2nd stage for Apple, should it be 30 days instead of 10 days?

Seed: 9 days
1st Stage: 12 days
2nd Stage: 10 days or 30 days?
3rd Stage: 3 days
Could you be more specific on why it should be 30 days? But I'm not quite sure. I don't have the guide to check, and I've haven't been able to grow apples yet.
Anonymous Fish wrote:The Max days, is that means after the crops harvest, like for Turnips, don't let the Turnips stay on the vine for more then 10 days? & pick them before they exceeds 20 Sunlight & 10 Water?
Yup.
ariinya wrote:Wonderful guide, but I'm still unsure on certain factors. Does the "water level" lower again day by day? Or is it just, if it reaches the minimum but does NOT exceed the maximum within the next growth cycle, it grows?

Could I, say, water my crops twice in one day (if the forecast for tomorrow isn't rainy) to get my turnips up to the minimum 2 water level? If I'm unlucky and there's no sunshine, will the water remain at 2 until the point where I get the necessary sunshine points?

Gyah... so many questions, I know...! Let's say, I'm in the beginning of the game with my first turnips, and make a 9x9 plot of land... could I water the middle one in advance, taking into account the weather, to make it sprout at the same time as the others? Though I guess the water level would reset at sprout stage, even if I watered it 3 or 4 times in a day.... hmm!
Answering in order.
The water level does not lower day by day. It stays just.

Yes and yes.

You could. And when you get blue and red wonderfuls you can use it to water the entire 3x3 square. ;)
Alumia
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

-unburies topic-
pavi
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

I wonder, why isn't this stickied yet? D: </3
Harvest God
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

pavi wrote:I wonder, why isn't this stickied yet? D: </3
A mod probably hasn't noticed it yet. (Unless only Cher stickies)

Just keep bumping it up until its noticed =x
Misti Rose
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

stickysticky! :]
ariinya
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

I think I understand a little more...! But it's still confusing...

Using this newly found knowledge, I planted some turnips. It was a rainy day (RAINY, not drizzly, which should mean 2 water). I figured I wouldn't have to water them again... then, I had two cloudy days in a row (no sun, right?), and then a sunny day. I thought that would mean, the day after the sunny day, it would go to the next stage (sprout), but they were still seeds. What went wrong with this scenario? I'm still missing something, apparently. :(

Edit: Ah ha...! I understand now. My problem was that I wasn't looking at the symbol carefully enough. The "sunny" day was actually clear. All makes sense now. Though I have to wait even longer for my crops! Gyah... bad run of weather.
Alumia
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

It's like me. My carrots are going to die if it rains for one more day. It's Fall 7 and my carrots are still seeds. >.<

Curse you rainy/cloudy days. D<
YogurtIcecream
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Yes this guide is useful. I'm making excel crop tracker/planner/auto-calculation charts based on it.

However, I have a bit of a question regarding multiple harvests of crops. Some of these crops, like tomato, can be harvested more than one time.

The thing is, will the second round of harvest of tomatos be inferior to the first harvest of tomatoes in terms of quality?

Judging by the stages, the first round is affected by Seed/1st/2nd/3rd stages of sun/water points. How about the second?

Will this second harvest of tomatoes be such that it is affected by Seed/1st/2nd/3rd stage and another round of 3rd stage?

I'm asking the same question over at the gamefaqs board, but no one has replied to me yet =(
Kaud
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

THis is easier to follow than the guidebook. In the guide it had like so much numbers jumbled up.