RF4 Discussion II -- NOW AVAILABLE!

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
SerpentTailedAngel
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

The problems with bringing it over, from what little we've heard, seem to be due to the developer closing down, and Hatsuu has said that if the company that was handling the EU localization doesn't have access to the resources then XSeed no longer does either, so while I wouldn't give up hope for an RF5 (assuming there is one) it looks like the only was for a European fan to get the game is to import it. Unfortunately.

But it's nice for XSeed that the game is doing so well. Hopefully that will be a big incentive for them to get the next RF game (again, assuming there is one). RFF was my old favorite in terms of overall dialogue and now it's a close second to RF4, so while I have nothing against Natsume, I'd like to see XSeed keep handling localizations.
Daisuke Tsubasa
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

So, I finally cleared plot third (for the second time, much to my surprise) in my Margaret file. After I see her family sub events and all the guys' sleepovers, I'll move on to my other empty slot and marry Forte from there...and then go through Rune Prana all over again...
Atsuko Roberts
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

I like how the star pendant helps with gaining exp. It's definitely one of my favorite items in the game.
ShiniSnowDemon
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Atsuko Roberts wrote:I like how the star pendant helps with gaining exp. It's definitely one of my favorite items in the game.
it also increases the amount of levels you gain when you eat levelisers, instead of 1 level you get 1.5
Kail-chan
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

^That's helpful

Also I just realised I never once got a sleepover event... and I've played A LOT
It's a bit disappointing
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Bump
Rice
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

RF4 is becoming a bit boring for me...I think my expectations were too high or I was doing something wrong. I mean, the first arc was really exciting for me and the story was interesting and kept me going---even if it was a shortish arc. However, the second arc was kind of...Tedious. The floating empire was a pain in the neck for me(especially since my forging isn't the highest, I do more cooking than anything except I changed that in a new file but that's a different story). I never completed the second arc yet so I don't have much to say about the story except that Venti acting dead throughout it has made me lost any care for her.

Despite saying all this junk, I want to get interested in playing again! I want to complete it to get ready for a RF5.
What are some of your guys'/gals' thoughts about the game?
fourside
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

I actually liked the second arc better than the first. The dungeons were a bit more challenging (though not much), which made it more fun. In gameplay terms, I like the third arc the best because Rune Prana was fun.

And
Spoiler:
if you finish the second arc, Venti's apparent deadness will become more clear.
Milk_Mynk
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Finished 2nd arc nearly a game year ago... Trying very hard to trigger as many random events as I can, can't wait for 1) arc 3, and 2) Arthur's reverse proposal event. =(

By the way, is it just me or is there just no love for Arthur x Frey in the fandom? XD
SilentPsycho
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

Well, I've finally thrown up my hands in defeat and given in. One US 3ds and one copy of Rune Factory 4 on the way to my aunt in Texas, which she'll hopefully remember to bring over to the UK when she visits in July. Took a huge chunk out of my bank account, but I've got a second job full-time for the summer, so hopefully that will boost my balance back up.

Leon, I'm coming for you, so wait for me! :D
SerpentTailedAngel
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Hope you enjoy it :)
When the new HM game comes out in the US you'd be able to play that way faster too, now.
SilentPsycho
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

Yep, as long as my aunt remembers to bring it over when she visits. We're talking someone who gave me the wrong address for the place she's currently living. Luckily Amazon.com flagged that there was a problem with the address, so I was able to call her back and get the real address from her. :(

Any tips for the gameplay I should know about?
JunkerFarmer
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

fourside wrote:I actually liked the second arc better than the first. The dungeons were a bit more challenging (though not much), which made it more fun. In gameplay terms, I like the third arc the best because Rune Prana was fun.

And
Spoiler:
if you finish the second arc, Venti's apparent deadness will become more clear.
Spoiler:
Or, y'know, more transparent.
SerpentTailedAngel
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

SilentPsycho wrote:Yep, as long as my aunt remembers to bring it over when she visits. We're talking someone who gave me the wrong address for the place she's currently living. Luckily Amazon.com flagged that there was a problem with the address, so I was able to call her back and get the real address from her. :(

Any tips for the gameplay I should know about?
Mostly general RF stuff, like make sure you keep your crafting and forging skills high, since good equipment does more for you than a good level. The easiest way to do that it to make an accessory or sword out of iron, then upgrade it all the way with iron or scrap iron. Upgrading gives you a pretty steady exp raise, and you get a lot of those metals so it's way easier to dispose of them this way than it is to constantly gather up materials for higher level recipes. Make sure you keep people trained too. It's pretty skipable in other games, but it's very nice to have team mates to go into dungeons with you in this game. (I'd recommend at least tough monster, though. Mons tend to have better HP than villagers.)

For farming, save you withered grass. Any grass can be decomposed, but only withered grass can restore the HP of your plants when you smack it with your hoe. Some crops do that too, but obviously the grass is cheaper to destroy. Also, upgrade your watering can with a magnifying glass. It makes it easy to track crop status without wasting any slots in your bag.

And be patient with events. Because they're all completely random. And it can take a year for the one you want to activate.
SilentPsycho
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

Thanks for the tips. I'm currently looking at some early-game LPs to pick up bits that way as well, although I'm definitely making sure to not spoil past Dolce's introduction since I want to surprise myself with Leon. Although, I'll probably forget everything by the time my aunt flies over, but meh. :P

Anyone know some good LPs?