Was Anyone Else Disappointed?

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
Muffy's(EX)Husband
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

I'm replaying the RF Series in order, to get me ready for RF4 :3
I started with RF and decided to complete the game 100%, so I wanted to complete the game and harvest every crop possible, get everyone to ten FP and LP.

I've just finished RF1 (Again) and I went around to everyone and when I got to the Fishery I talked to Nicholas and he said the sweetest thing! "When I get older I want to Marry Ceci!" I found it so cute and then I clicked off my game and began on RF2.
Now we have Cecelia in this game as a maid for the De-Sainte Coquille's...then I remembered that if Kyle doesn't marry Ceci then that idiot Jake does! -_- I was a bit let down that Nicholas wasn't a grown man who wanted to marry Cecelia :]

So, my question is would you of preferred Nicholas in Jake's place? and what did you think happened to Nicholas' and Ceci's relationship.

Blue Rose
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Muffy's(EX)Husband wrote:I'm replaying the RF Series in order, to get me ready for RF4 :3
I started with RF and decided to complete the game 100%, so I wanted to complete the game and harvest every crop possible, get everyone to ten FP and LP.

I've just finished RF1 (Again) and I went around to everyone and when I got to the Fishery I talked to Nicholas and he said the sweetest thing! "When I get older I want to Marry Ceci!" I found it so cute and then I clicked off my game and began on RF2.
Now we have Cecelia in this game as a maid for the De-Sainte Coquille's...then I remembered that if Kyle doesn't marry Ceci then that idiot Jake does! -_- I was a bit let down that Nicholas wasn't a grown man who wanted to marry Cecelia :]

So, my question is would you of preferred Nicholas in Jake's place? and what did you think happened to Nicholas' and Ceci's relationship.

Of course! But only cause Jake and Cecilia's relationship seems one sided. He does seem to genuinely care for her, but she only seems like she did it cause she doesn't want to be lonely/left out. With Nicholas, I think she could've really loved him as much as he loved her. Buuuut, who knows. Cecilia changed a whole lot over the years, and if her reason for loving Kyle was something really deep within her; I don't know if she could've. She was really obsessive about filling her fantasy of marrying a Raguna-clone.

Not sure what happened to Nicholas and her, but to be honest, considering she doesn't talk about ANYONE from the past game (except Tabatha and Raguna), including her own father, something tells me I don't want to know.
runefactor
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Nicholas and the adorable Cecilia from RF1? Yes, A great couple. But Nicholas and the boring and Kyle-obsessed maid from RF2, no. He can do better than that, and I hope he did.
SerpentTailedAngel
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'd be disappointed if they had got together. Childhood marriage promises are cute, and marrying that girl you knew who moved away when you were five sounds fated and romantic, but marrying the kid you grew up with just isn't realistic. It's almost like marrying your sister.
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I remember getting that line in RF1. I was very sad Ceci never mentions Nicholas in RF2.

But marrying the one girl your age you knew in the whole world has it's downsides. Especially when she grows up to be obsessed with an older man. So I like to imagine Nicholas grew up and left Kardia as well and he eventually met lots of new people and found a wonderful women to marry.
Last edited by Googaboga on Aug 24, 2012 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BOOMSTICK
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Imagine if Nicholas were to appear in RF5 as a traveling warrior or something.
ZhangKhaiEn
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

It would be freakin' awesome to have Nicholas in RF5 fall in love with another elf girl and that same elf girl becomes a bachelorette in RF6
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I still choose to believe Nicholas came for her, knocked some sense in her (cause you know if anyone could snap her into her old self, it's him), swept her off her feet, and married her. I'm actually usually not into childhood pairings in general (such as Marco/Candy) but I just can't resist these two.
SerpentTailedAngel
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Marco/Candy was cute just because you could hear Ganesha tease Marco about it in the bath house.

I have nothing against toy ships. I just don't like it when they stay afloat throughout adulthood.
rice0319
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Can I ask, when is rune factory 2 take place? How many years after Raguna saved the world? This is my theory, if the years are 100 years later, I don't think Nicholas is still living when Ceci is still a youthful maid right? Ceci is afterall a half elf. half elf is just like the elven, they live a long long time. and they hardly age. So i'm assuming rune factory 2 is taken place 100 or 200 years after rune factory 1. Nicholas is a human, human age quickly, when Nicholas became a young man, Ceci might still be a kid. So they never crossed~
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

That is an interesting theory but because all the games are connected none of them take place that long after each other. RF2 probably takes place around a decade or so after RF1.

We know elves live for a long time but we don't know how long their childhoods are. It is possible they have short childhoods and just have many years as young adults.
BlueTrillium
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Also (for me) that theory would only work if Ceci was the only crossover between games, which she isn't. Mei from RF1 shows up in RF3, and Yue from RF2 also shows up in RF3, both of them only appearing slightly older, and as far as we know they are human. (Well, Yue anyway... Mei's a bit of a mystery.)

And now with RF4 coming out - Barret (RF2) and Raven (RF3) are appearing in that game, also with only moderately older appearances. Admittedly, Raven is not fully human which may effect her aging, but Barret sure appears to be.

So going from that, a 100+ year separation between RF games just doesn't work, not for my headcanon anyway. ^_^
mito
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I'm actually very disappointed about this whole Cecilia thing too!
I mean, it's as if RF2 Cecilia and RF1 Cecilia are totally different person, except they both like gems
I had pictured RF2 Cecilia as a girl who appears to dress and act femininely (honestly, I like her design) but has an adventurous side as well (not to mention a bold personality, not a dull one)
But instead, she chooses to become a maid and expect Kyle to give all the gems that she likes -___-"
I'm neutral in terms of childhood friends become couple, but I was so sure that Nicholas and Cecilia would've stick together for a long time. Even if it's not as a couple (Nicholas should've appear in RF2 as some gem-hunting partner or something)

Am crossing my fingers so that Nicholas could appear as a bachelor in RF5 :heart:
But something is bothering me about the timeline....
RF2 starts around 10 years after RF
RFF stays the same(maybe it takes place a year or two after RF1)
RFToD stays the same as RFF
RF3 starts shortly after RF2 (it can even be the same year since Yue and Mei didn't change a lot)
In RF4, Barrett aged quite a lot(5-10 years than RF2). So that makes the game occurs 20-25 years after RF1
But since the game goes in chronological order, would't Nicholas be...too old to be a bachelor if he appears in RF5? (like, 30?)
SerpentTailedAngel
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yes, he would. There's still the potential to marry those kids from RF2 though.
Muffy's(EX)Husband
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

-
Firstly, Thanks for all the Replies! :] I'm happy that a lot of people agree with me about Cecelia being almost robot-like in RF2!
I agree with a lot of you that Cecelia seems to be changed entirely between RF and RF2. I do think that RF2 takes at least 9,10 years after RF...but it could be more since some of you have said that Elves may age slower then Humans. :\

@Mito - You're timeline seems about right :] But for all we know RF5 could be a prequel to RF2/3/4, so there could be a chance of Nicholas returning!

@Blue Rose - You have some excellent points! Maybe something traumatic happened between Cecelia and like the whole of Kardia :L Maybe Cecelia and Nicholas tried at being in a Relationship...but it just didn't work? That's why Cecelia is obsessed with finding her true love and not being alone.

@Runefactor - So True! :3

@SerpentTailedAngel - Although you are right we have to remember that alot of things about RF are...unrealistic! :] Though I do agree about you're post!

@Googaboga - Agreed! Nicholas might have been better off not being with Cecelia if he knew what she was like in RF2 :\ That line was so cute and I "awed" for several minutes after seeing it...so sad that Cecilia never mentions him or anyone else (Apart from Tab and Raguna)

Anyways sorry I can't reply to everyone else as I must go! But thanks so much for the many, many, many replies :]