RF4 Character & General Info Thread (UPDATES / Next: ??)

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
XxWizardxMollyxX14
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

No, it's a screenshot. That must be mis-tagged.
Shayde
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

soluna wrote:
Spoiler:
Saw this on Tumblr, tagged as fanart.
...Wow. Is it?
that's not fanart. that's in fact cinematic from the game. it was on a page of the famitsu magazine. <.<

Really...no new updates after all? Wow...just...wow. -_-' They're really holding back on info with the last bachelorette and 2 bachelors. <.<
Pororing
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Patience is a virtue, guys! ;D

(easy for me to say, I have Xenoblade and Tales of the Abyss to keep me company >.>)

They must really be hyping the two bachelors and braids. But iirc, wasn't Dolce initially revealed in around April 15 or so? We could just wait a little bit longer seeing as it's the start of the month...
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Dolce was officially revealed on April 5th. So the next update could happen in a day or two.

Or they could wait until later in the month. Who knows. But yeah since it is very likely characters will be shown this month I am not all that worried about when it happens. I know it's gonna happen relatively soon so I don't mind waiting now.

Not like before when we had no idea when there would ever be an update again XD.
soluna
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Figured. Looked waaaay too official.

Anyway, wasn't Karina revealed just under a month before RF3 released? I'm not at all sure, but this could be a similar situation!
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I don't know if that is true since I didn't really follow RF3's release at all.

But the game comes out in July and it is May. So if they were planning on doing something like that they still have enough people left to show one marriage candidate per month. Which is more likely then them saving multiple marriage candidates for the end.

There is an article about RF4 on Siliconera. This time it's talking about that Q and A section from May 2nd:
http://www.siliconera.com/2012/05/04/ru ... ism-board/

I don't think there is anything new in there but maybe people missed the info among all the new pages so I might as well mention it.
Selphie-Sama
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

ValkyrieCain123 wrote: sexy Dylas (uhh this one was actually a gift for someone xD)
http://th00.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2 ... 4yi8yy.jpg
Oh « Snuggly Bunny ». That is really sexy :neutral:
Anyway! Speaking of three, Rune Factory 4 will have three save slots.
WOAH THREE SAVE SLOTS!?

Alrighty, File 1 Dylas; File 2 Purple-braids; File 3 Kiel. Mwahaha.
Daisuke Tsubasa
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'm not that bothered that they're holding back info on the remaining marriage candidates for now. Over 5/6s of the bachelorettes and over 2/3s of the bachelors have already been unveiled. Also, despite we have yet to witness new character updates, we've got two months til the game comes out and we're getting weekly updates from Hashimoto. That's pretty abundant compared to late 2011 in this thread, where it was hunting for scraps.

Oh, haven't seen that Siliconera link, thanks Googa.
The game uses 3D objects for maps and character models, Hashimoto explained to another fan, and seeing stereoscopic rain and snow will be a sight to see.
This sounds cool, wonder if it's the same for the spring petals in Selfia.
Hashimoto said he gets this question every time and he can’t give specific sizes since the numbers aren’t finalized.
He's actually "finalizing" numerical figures for the candidates' sizes? Oh wow.
ValkyrieCain123
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Selphie-Sama wrote:
ValkyrieCain123 wrote: sexy Dylas (uhh this one was actually a gift for someone xD)
http://th00.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2 ... 4yi8yy.jpg
Oh « Snuggly Bunny ». That is really sexy :neutral:
Anyway! Speaking of three, Rune Factory 4 will have three save slots.
WOAH THREE SAVE SLOTS!?

Alrighty, File 1 Dylas; File 2 Purple-braids; File 3 Kiel. Mwahaha.
lol xD
if you want i could try and make a Kiel one for you :3 i accept requests ^_^

i think in my save files it shall be:
1.Arthur (me loves him no matter what you all say! xD)
2.Dolce
3. Vishnal (that may change though once i see red head x3)
Shayde
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

My saves will be...

1. Diras
2. Vishnal
3. Forte

but i also wanna marry Arthur, Kohaku, and Xiaopai. And maybe redhead and fan-man, depending on their reveal. T_T not enough saves! >.<
Daisuke Tsubasa
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

First playthrough ::

Slot 1 - Purple braids
Slot 2 - Dolce
Slot 3 - Margaret

Second playthrough ::

Slot 1 - Forte
Slot 2 - Kohaku
Slot 3 - Xiao

This is really least likely but I hope RF4 can get a western release in late 2012 (winter, Nov to Dec) or at least early 2013. They localized and translated RFO pretty quickly and console games have waaay more text to translate and move voice acting to dub than the handhelds.

Well, we'll see whether or not they do so in E3 next month. I mean ATLUS announced P4 The Golden for localization but it's not even out in Japan yet. Then again, Natsume's a way smaller company.
Sprinkles&Cupcakes
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

My save files will probably be like this:
1. [Main File] Frey - Probably married to Kiel. Will also befriend every person. (Might leave out the boring villagers though)
2. Lest - Married to Dolce.
3. Save file to woo the rest of the bachelor/ettes and marry them.

I'd love it if Natsume released RF4 this year, but if they also translate LoB it might be a bit for them to finish both games quickly. :s
XxWizardxMollyxX14
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'm just going to sort my save slots as the following:

File one: before marrying anyone
file two: Dylas
File three:Vishnal

After finishing the first two files:
File two: Kiel
File three: Red head
file one: Fan-man

At this point I don't think I'm going to marry Arthur, my opinion might change still. I have high hopes for fan-man so I plan to leave him for last but the other's are pretty random.

It would be nice to get RF4 this year but I very highly doubt it, I'm just dreaming. Plus I kind of want HM:LoB first because I've kind of been losing faith in the series but since that one seems good I want to play it and see for myself. I can see us getting RF4 February-April. It took them 9 months (give or take) to translate RFO so I'm not too worried, just excited.
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

It would be very nice if we got this game before next summer.

Maybe ToD was just a one time thing or maybe they will just release all games faster now. But yeah LoB came out a little while ago so let's see how fast it takes them to translate that game. Then we might get an idea of how quickly RF4 might come out.

My files will go like this:
1. Single Lest file
2. Extra. If you can save over save spots I will take one of my good files save it to this spot and mess around in this file while still keeping my other files good. It will also be that one save spot that will not be used as a real file in case I ever come across anyone who'd like to play the game. Which will never happen so I'll just eventually end up using it myself to play the game a third time without having to erase either of my past files.
3. Single Frey file (I like using the third save slot over the second one if there are three spaces)
Cherry Blossom
Disabled: By request

Post  Posted:

My save files will be like this, based on the information we have so far-
1. [Main File] Frey - Married to Kiel. I'll most likely befriend everyone.
2. Lest- Married to Dolce. Probably won't use this file too much.
3. Whatever I want it to be.

Also, what if Natsume isn't the company that'll localize RF4?