RF4 Character & General Info Thread (UPDATES / Next: ??)

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
astro-demon
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

Googaboga wrote:I forget who it was but I know someone this site said the same thing about fan guy and cat guy being the same person. I think it's a good theory. But we never saw Arthur anywhere besides the opening until he was officially announced so it's possible fan guy's sprite is still yet to be seen.
I said this a while ago :) I'm still holding on to this theory.
I don't think their cat ears though, at least I hope their not. I think that would make him look too much like the horse guy.
Nurse Fin
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

WOAH WOAH WOAH

I never paid attention to the seiyuu for the more recent updates but Dylas is voiced by Tomokazu Sugita? GINTOKI???? 8D
Instant marry. I don't care what his personality is lol
astro-demon
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

Nurse Fin wrote:WOAH WOAH WOAH

I never paid attention to the seiyuu for the more recent updates but Dylas is voiced by Tomokazu Sugita? GINTOKI???? 8D
:DDDDD ohmygoshididntrealize
This makes Dylas+10000000000000
Pen
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

So you're getting the Japanese version? /just saying

I hope the English VAs are good. It makes me sad that I can't marry Kiel with his Japanese voice :/
Shayde
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Its silly to say this since I can't play the japanese version...but...

I love the voices so far. Lest and Vishnal sound great. And Diras....his voice is just perfect. <3

And Margaret, Freya, and Kohaku's voices all fit them very well. I'm happy Kohaku doesn't have an overly-kawaii voice. I like what she has. ^^

I'm so jealous of japan right now. T^T
Selphie-Sama
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

brb, flipping out over Dylas' japanese voice.
YingofDarkness
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Does anyone know if the introduction anime clips of the bachelors and bachelorette's will be shown depending on your gender (Like if you choose Frey will you only see the bachelor's anime introductions), or if you can see all of them regardless of which protagonist you choose?
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

That's a good question. I have no idea. I kinda hope it's only for marriage candidates of the opposite gender of the MC you picked and not all the marriage candidates no matter who you play as.
Pen wrote:

Hey man if Nurse Fin wants the Japanese version Nurse Fin gets the Japanese version 8).
soluna
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Pff... The seiyuus have been up there forever. xD

Anyway. PEN.
It makes me sad that I can't marry Kiel with his Japanese voice :/
LET ME LOVE YOU.

Hiro Shimono fan as well...?

And sorry for being so lazy with the thread recently! I've been busy with other things.
Nurse Fin
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I just bought a Japanese 3DS so I really have no choice but to buy the Japanese version...

And yeah the seiyuu have been there forever but I didn't notice until now. I missed/skipped all the updates with the monster people.
The only way to make this game better is to then also have like... Kazuya Nakai... and/or Akira Ishida :lol: Please Marvelous, make it hard for me to choose!
I'm so shallow, basing who I'm gonna marry not for their design, not for whatever magical/non-magical entity they may be, but on who their VA is.
XxWizardxMollyxX14
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Googaboga wrote:That's a good question. I have no idea. I kinda hope it's only for marriage candidates of the opposite gender of the MC you picked and not all the marriage candidates no matter who you play as.
Pen wrote:

Hey man if Nurse Fin wants the Japanese version Nurse Fin gets the Japanese version 8).
LOL, you sound like such a boss Googs 8)

Dude, how I wish we could have the option between English and Japanese voices in the NA version.
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Oh why thank you Molly X3

Yeah that would be great to have the option. But I do like being to understand what they are saying. So either language works for me.
Wish
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

If we had the option for English and Japanese voices, I would die with happiness!

So am I behind on any new information?

Typing without glasses. I'm blind without glasses, so I'm sorry if I make any mistakes?
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'm not sure Wish. But you can check ol' Daisuke's update list and see if you missed one.
March 2012 updates ::
2nd - RF4 site is updated with Story and system page, HD ver of anime trailer posted by MAQL and blog update by Hashimoto on future update regarding MCs' authority in the game.
9th - RF4 site updated with new blog entry by Hashimoto, characters page with new screenshots are up, and audio commentary from seiyuus on the characters of the game. New Famitsu article with new screenshots and additional info.
14th -- Famitsu magazine issue reveals the identities of Kiel, Arthur, Forte and Xiaopai. Villagers Rinfa and Illuminator are unveiled, alongside details of the Prince Point System and character AI.
15th -- Famitsu's website releases the art of Kiel/Arthur/Forte/Xiaopai, info on Ventuswill and several new screenshots. RF4 site and twitter updated with minor blog post.
21st -- Nintendo Dream's info interview with Hashimoto + scans of anime screenshots of Arthur/Xiaopai/Rinfa/Forte from the OP (already uploaded) and close-up look at the candidates' other portrait expressions (said part of scan not yet uploaded)
Also on the 23rd there was a website update. There was a blog update, more people were added to the character section, and more character voices were added.
KonekoChan
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

XxWizardxMollyxX14 wrote: Dude, how I wish we could have the option between English and Japanese voices in the NA version.
I definitely wouldn't be holding my breath for that option.

Anyway, this game just keeps looking more and more promising every time they release more information. I'm pretty much sold.