RF4 Character & General Info Thread (UPDATES / Next: ??)

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
Part-Time Plower
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Cool, they're keeping one-square sowing! It's time for pattern-farming again!

I really like RF's design philosophy, and I feel it's an aspect that's overlooked-- everyone usually talks about how RF is HM with a fantasy twist but this franchise definitely also shines as an RPG with an HM twist. It shows an actual living, breathing world, and it's something that the more traditional JRPGs should really take notice of.
sal880612m
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

NNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! No more one seed planting. Actually I wouldn't mind if you could make at least 2 bags of seeds from a crop.
It is also awesome that we may have dungeons not related to plot.
It seems like this is going to be an awesome game. I am hoping there will be some degree of balance in advancing your skills. It's nice to be able to use your favourite type of weapon throughout the game but it would be nice to need to change it up every once in a while. There I go daydreaming again.
Shayde
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

what would be nice and make both groups happy...is if the default is one seed a plot. But you can charge it up to plant in a square of 3x3.

That way, people who want just one plant a spot could do so. And the rest of us who don't want to waste the time could plant in masses. (though I hate paying for 1 seed as opposed to the old 9 seeds in 1 bag. =T)
Greenfly11
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Shayde wrote:what would be nice and make both groups happy...is if the default is one seed a plot. But you can charge it up to plant in a square of 3x3.

That way, people who want just one plant a spot could do so. And the rest of us who don't want to waste the time could plant in masses. (though I hate paying for 1 seed as opposed to the old 9 seeds in 1 bag. =T)
That would be absolutely perfect.
fhd
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

There was an article on Siliconera about RF4 that was pretty interesting;
http://www.siliconera.com/2012/06/29/ru ... -producer/
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

That is a wonderful idea. Having multiple seeds per bag but giving you the option to plant one at a time or all at once would be a great solution.

Although they'd probably have to change the pricing around since you'd be getting more crops with each purchase. But they originally had nine crops per bag so they could do it again.

And you know with the moving shipping bin thing I would prefer it to be solid in once place for some reason.
Part-Time Plower
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

I don't see the big deal with having to buy more seeds, it's easy to earn money anyway. XD
Wish
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

/runs out of lurking corner
More dungeons? This is fantastic.

Anyway, the release date is super close right? July 19th? My brother got a Japanese 3DS, but I don't really know much Japanese, a-ahaha~ I'm probably going to wait until it gets localized and ask my brother to pre-order LoB for me instead.

And the whole seed thing would be great. Sometimes I only want to plant one, sometimes I want to plant all.
Shayde
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

My only issue ever with seeds and only getting one seed per bag was back in RF2, where one seed for one plant cost anywhere from 20,000 or more gold. xD

Like...really, game? REALLY?
Sprinkles&Cupcakes
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I feel bad for asking but nothing has been said about Multiplayer/StreetPass/SpotPass features, right?
I tried searching the thread and nothing came up. But sometimes things are just there and I seem to miss them so I'll ask just in case. ':D
Daisuke Tsubasa
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

From siliconera's article on Hashimoto's interview.
while Rune Factory usually attracts high school students and males in their mid-20s
Interesting, considering in the west, RF is more popular with female players from their high school years to their mid 20s or with veteran players of HM.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Shayde wrote:My only issue ever with seeds and only getting one seed per bag was back in RF2, where one seed for one plant cost anywhere from 20,000 or more gold. xD

Like...really, game? REALLY?
Actually, RF2 had 9 seeds per bag. I think the trend started in RF3. Could've been Frontier, since I haven't played that.
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

No, RFF did have nine seeds per bag too. You're right that RF3 was the one that introduced the one seed per bag thing.

I am still waiting to see the full opening.
Quillbell
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

Hey, if the RF Wiki just wildly inaccurate or what?

Copy/Pasted from Dolce's page.
New details show that Dolce's marriage partner is an currently un-named character with long dark brown hair and green eyes. She will marry him if the player doesn't manage to propose to her at 10 hearts before the first year is complete.

Dolce is quite lovey-dovey with the un-named, green-eyed boy, even though leaked information has shown that he is oblivious to her feelings. Information has shown that they are childhood friends, since the age of 4. However, the un-named boy will always attempt to ask Dolce out on Festivals, which Dolce is extremely happy about. It is one of the few things that make her smile.

However, if the player marries Dolce before the un-named boy manages to propose, then the un-named boy will actually leave the village, to let Dolce lead a happy life without him getting in the way.
Is any of this confirmed or is it just somebody's fanfic? Scratching my head here.
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yeah I have never heard of anything like that.

I am not one to just assume someone is making it up but this does seem sketchy. It certainly doesn't sound like her personality nor does it make sense within the realm of the story. I mean what if you don't defeat Dolce's dungeon until Fall or Winter? Then you'd only have one or two seasons to get her to full hearts before she marries someone else. Or if you wait until year two does that mean she instantly marries the guy?