RF4 Character & General Info Thread (UPDATES / Next: ??)

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
Shayde
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

KuroNeko77 wrote:A first bit of the scan from Nindori:
Spoiler:
I really like their expression there.
Arthur actually looks surprisingly good in that screenshot. probably because the wind has broken up the perfectly straight line of his bangs, giving it a more natural look. xD

Who knows, I might just love Arthur. I really love the mentor type characters, I admit. Depends on what type of mentor he is. ^^
Selphie-Sama
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I've still gotta say that Kiel being curious is so cliche. BUT YET SO ADORABLE >3<

I'm starting to warm up to Arthur too, Shay
Shayde
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

If only his portrait didn't look so angular. he looks great so far in the cutscenes we've seen.
Sprinkles&Cupcakes
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Your mentor will be someone who hangs out with with fluffy and bald woolies and reads a star shaped book. Darn.
!!Disco☆Chocolate!!
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

OOOOOH WOOLIES (Arthur is now cooler since he hangs with woolies. But. Y'know. I kinda thought he was cool anyway. JUST MORE SO NOW.)
so cuuuuuute....

For some reason, every time I look at Rinfa I feel that her body's frame should be a bit larger... like her shoulders need to be a little bit broader, or something... I don't know why it bothers me, but it does. Ah, well, it probably won't bother me anymore the more I see of her.
I love the panda ornament in Xiaopai's hair..... glad she has it turned toward us in the animation; I wanted to see it a little better :P
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Nice nice. Everyone looks so great animated. Man this opening is gonna be gorgeous *_*.
Wooly Hugger
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Spoiler:
(Sorry, if someone posted this already) Could someone translate this?

BTW-> Chibi Dylas kawaii-^^-
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I can't see the image. Even if I could I wouldn't be able to translate though X3.
Wooly Hugger
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Hmmm.. :?: dunno why, for me everything is all right:D Here's a link: http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php? ... d=25881263
Daisuke Tsubasa
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Wooly Hugger wrote:Hmmm.. :?: dunno why, for me everything is all right:D Here's a link: http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php? ... d=25881263
Hotlinking from pixiv causes viewing problems for other users, iirc.

Hoping that we get confirmation soon as to whether or not the jump function is in the game like in RFO.
KuroNeko77
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

I wonder if they'll put the jump feature in-game too. I kinda liked it in HM:Grand Bazaar.

By the way, does anyone have news about yesterday's Vjump issue ? It seemed to have some scoop about the Opening and dungeon bosses, but can't find anything.
ルーンファクトリー4
シリーズ最新作が3DSで発売。OPアニメや敵ボスなど、スクープが到着したぞ!!
http://vjump.shueisha.co.jp/newinfo/

Edit: the only thing I was able to find is the "present" that was with the issue, which turns out to be 3 entry tickets for some kind of lottery:
Spoiler:
Daisuke Tsubasa
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

The V Jump article may have been a recap. New info from magazine scans usually come from Nintendo Dream and Famitsu. Also, somebody on 2ch did a really good speculative map of Selfia's layout, based on the screenshots revealed by far.
Spoiler:
ValkyrieCain123
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

man they really did a good job on that o.o
it just goes to show you how big Selfia really is (despite we knew it was big anyway) and to think that may not even be the full town x33
i really like the layout of the place,it seems as if the town is gonna be a bit like the place in RF2 in the way all the shops/houses are lined up,except there will be more south/north of the town as well :3
Daisuke Tsubasa
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Based on what we know from that chart, the layout could be that the palace and the farm is in the main center of Selfia, and all of the other buildings, shops and homes surround it in a square sort of formation.
Ichikins
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

The town is so beautiful. I love all of the little details that they put in (especially the blossoming trees and the cobble stone street) and how it ties together so nicely. :)